Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Wireless-n series router wnhdeb111

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Warcraft, Telia & Packet Loss

Old 12-05-2009, 21:08   #1
Viper
Inactive

Viper is an unknown quantity at this point
Warcraft, Telia & Packet Loss

I am one of the many who play Warcraft and are suffering from high latency and disconnects.

Here is a link to the Warcraft forums that show one of many threads about the issues.

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....sid=1&pageNo=1

Could there be by any chance a Virgin Media tech support person that has come accross the issues in the post and can shed any light or have any information about the problems?

Many thanks in advance if anybody can help.
Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-05-2009, 22:59   #2
ReNZoR
Inactive

ReNZoR is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Warcraft, Telia & Packet Loss

Well, I have been a player of WoW since the US and Euro betas, and from back then til now, I have been with Wanadoo, Nildram, and Virgin Media... and have had issues with World of Warcraft all along the way. Not every day, but there have been days when it has been really bad.

I remember a 40 man run to BWL back in the day and I coudlnt stay on for more than 5 minutes a time as it kept disconnecting me.

90% of those times it has always been Telia that has been at fault, as you know, Blizzards ISP hosting our beloved game. Packet loss always (normally) occurs when it hits the Telia network for me.

The other 10% (I guess) would be my ISP's (Wanadoo, Nildram and VM) problems. I don't think this is a problem just affecting VM mate, as much as I would like to point the finger right now at them regarding my 50 meg speed issues, I still believe its Telia who is shafting us, the subscribers of WoW.

Hope you manage to find something out though I have tried endlessly over the years but always comes back to Blizzard having a sucky Swedish/Finnish ISP (TeliaSonera) =(

James
ReNZoR is offline   Reply With Quote