Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

People opinions

Old 02-01-2010, 14:41   #1
gadge
Inactive

Services: Sky+ Hd Multiroom,Unlimited Broadband,Unlimited Phone,WD Tv
gadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpack
People opinions

How have peoples expectations on vm gone since the name change the mergers of ntl/telewest do you thinks things have improved/got worse or stayed the same.
For me they seem to be doing very well,more hd would be nice but they seem to be going in the right direction.
gadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-01-2010, 14:49   #2
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: People opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadge View Post
How have peoples expectations on vm gone since the name change the mergers of ntl/telewest do you thinks things have improved/got worse or stayed the same.
For me they seem to be doing very well,more hd would be nice but they seem to be going in the right direction.
Yep been fine for me and they are getting better.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 14:52   #3
Toto
Inactive

Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal

I think its difficult to be objective here without being shouted down by those with opposing views..

My general impression is since the merger, and particularly since the re-brand to Virgin Media generally things have improved.

Had they not merged and re-branded would we have had......

More HD content than we have ever had.
Baseline modem speeds of up to10Mb.
Upper end speeds up to 50Mb.
Competitive pricing

I'm not sure to be honest. But given that I have been with them since 97', and they have given me no reason to leave, and the competition have not made a compelling argument to join them, I'm an advocate.
Toto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 15:11   #4
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050

Fine for me. Good service to me. Happy with it to be fair.
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 15:55   #5
Hiroki
Inactive

Services: SkyHD, Freesat & Virgin Media TV/BB
Hiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Hiroki

I preferred it when it was Telewest as they were more reliable, had English speaking agents, told less lies and had local offices (well one in Gateshead) so it was easy to contact them. Much less of a fight really.
Hiroki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 16:23   #6
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroki View Post
I preferred it when it was Telewest as they were more reliable, had English speaking agents, told less lies and had local offices (well one in Gateshead) so it was easy to contact them. Much less of a fight really.
The Gateshead office is not a technical support centre, they are Liverpool for Telewset and Swansea for NTL, and we also have Airdrie.

Then the are many other offices for different departments throughout the UK.

My area was originally Cable North West and I have had no major issues in the 16 years that we have been with them.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 16:45   #7
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

I think Gateshead also had NMC (movers) and Customer Relations a while back, but as Moldova say not Tech Support.

I'm, also from the Telewest side of the business originally.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 17:15   #8
Hiroki
Inactive

Hiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful one

Well whatever it was it had a place where you could talk to people face-to-face and get your problems sorted and you could pay your bill there.

Only problem with that place is when they stole money from my parents years ago which has prevented them from being able to get vm to this day.
Old 02-01-2010, 17:17   #9
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:

Only problem with that place is when they stole money from my parents years ago which has prevented them from being able to get vm to this day.
In what way did they steal money and prevent them from signing up.
Old 02-01-2010, 17:31   #10
Hiroki
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldova View Post
In what way did they steal money and prevent them from signing up.
Well my parents paid at the office for their cable and got a receipt for it but a week or so after paying Telewest called to say that they owed them for the very bill they paid and wouldn't accept that they had paid (even though they had the receipt) so my parents refused to pay and Telewest started sending out the threatening letters and eventually came and collected their boxes.

My parents tried to sign up when it became VM but they said they wouldn't sign them up until they paid off the debt they owe - but don't actually owe anything - so that's how they stole money from them
Old 02-01-2010, 17:59   #11
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Well my parents paid at the office for their cable and got a receipt for it but a week or so after paying Telewest called to say that they owed them for the very bill they paid and wouldn't accept that they had paid (even though they had the receipt) so my parents refused to pay and Telewest started sending out the threatening letters and eventually came and collected their boxes.

My parents tried to sign up when it became VM but they said they wouldn't sign them up until they paid off the debt they owe - but don't actually owe anything - so that's how they stole money from them
If they still have the bill and receipt write a letter to the CEO's office explaining what the issue is and that is why you do not have services.

If you still have the proof use it.
Old 02-01-2010, 18:17   #12
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Still better than NTL...
Old 02-01-2010, 18:18   #13
Hiroki
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldova View Post
If they still have the bill and receipt write a letter to the CEO's office explaining what the issue is and that is why you do not have services.

If you still have the proof use it.
They still have all the post they have received/copy's of what they sent, the receipt and a few of the phone conversions - Thing is though after the way they have been treated I doubt they would go back to cable now, but I will pass on your bit of advice to them
Old 02-01-2010, 19:03   #14
Welshchris
Permanently Banned

Services: 50mb Cable, L TV and Phone XL.
Welshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful one

NTL was far better than Virgin Media.
Welshchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 19:10   #15
12noon
Inactive

Services: TiVo
12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice

When Yorkshire cable first started up in my area, i switched over from Sky with it's old giant sized dish on the wall that used to lose reception in the winter. Yorkshire cable was better than Sky back then, but wasn't fantastic. Yorkshire cable then became part of Telewest and things improved even more on what we started with and now we are on Virgin and wouldn't look back. I wish the tech support was as local as it used to be though.
12noon is offline   Reply With Quote