Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Wireless-n series router wnhdeb111

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Wireless-n series router wnhdeb111

Old 13-05-2009, 02:15   #1
telfordcable
cf.mega poster

Services: 5G Three 599/21
telfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecart
Wireless-n series router wnhdeb111

I just brought a new netgear WNHDEB111 N wireless router from this site http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop...ProductID=5324 and it far better than virgin media free router WNR2000 N wireless router with 10x times better.

With the WNR2000 both ethernet cables connect to both pc's (speed up and down from varies 25Mbps to 50Mbps) the worse one is 300Mbps WPS wireless to my laptop is no more than 27Mbps.

Now with the new WNHDEB111 both ethernet cables connect to both pc's (maximum speed of 50Mbps) and the better one is 5 GHz Wireless-N HD Access Point with wireless to my laptop is surprise me of maximum speed of 50Mbps without any drop in speed.

I had inform Virgin Media about this. They told me they will use this 5GHz on the trial of 200Mbps in Kent.

Here is my speed test via wireless 5Ghz :
telfordcable is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-05-2009, 04:27   #2
popper
Inactive

popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
Re: Wireless-n series router wnhdeb111

Quote:
Originally Posted by telfordcable View Post
I just brought a new netgear WNHDEB111 N wireless router from this site http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop...ProductID=5324 and it far better than virgin media free router WNR2000 N wireless router with 10x times better.

With the WNR2000 both ethernet cables connect to both pc's (speed up and down from varies 25Mbps to 50Mbps) the worse one is 300Mbps WPS wireless to my laptop is no more than 27Mbps.

Now with the new WNHDEB111 both ethernet cables connect to both pc's (maximum speed of 50Mbps) and the better one is 5 GHz Wireless-N HD Access Point with wireless to my laptop is surprise me of maximum speed of 50Mbps without any drop in speed.

I had inform Virgin Media about this. They told me they will use this 5GHz on the trial of 200Mbps in Kent.

Here is my speed test via wireless 5Ghz :
so your happy paying an expensive £95.30 for a device with a mear 10/100 2 port only LAN switch onboard, thats got lets say "CPU throughput issues", fair enough.... as long as you understand the implications of that 3rd party choice.

i would NOT go advocating it to non tech people that dont know any different though, and are looking to the future 50Mbit+ | 200Mbit/s trials/deployment, or extending their wired<>wireless coverage for greater speeds.

100Mbit wired input/output ethernet means your only ever going to get that max 100Mbit (minus overheads) speed over the greater 11n wireless network at best...

you just know theres a problem somewere when all the main search pages or the official vendor page DO NOT tell you the simplest of information about the device, such as the No. of ethernet ports or their speed at the very least...

http://www.cnet.com.au/netgear-wnhde...-339291827.htm

however:
"They told me they will use this 5GHz on the trial of 200Mbps in Kent. "
thats moronic, who exactly told you they will use these 10/100 fast ethernet, 2 port switch ONLY devices on the 200Mbit/s download trials ?

is this another case of Neil and the PR crew talking up

"Virgin wants to assess the limitations of in-home gear, pointing out that the wireless routers in use today will become choke points; they can't handle speeds of 200 Mbit/s even if the access network allows such bursts."

while VM are providing exactly this sub standard "choking point" in these underpowered Netgear 10/100 Mbit ONLY router SOC ! that can only reach 2m, (no barriers) 56.6Mbps device to device at best.

never mind VM actually providing something better than even the average cheap/miderange 10/100 11n at 60Mbit+.

and thats totally ignoring Neils wish for 200Mbit+ capable wireless router kit that does not "cause a data throughput choking point.

someone should tell him that means NOTHING BUT a generic 10/100/1000 1gig wireless router SOC at the very least.

"RangeMax Wireless-N Gigabit Router (WNR3500)
The NETGEAR RangeMax Wireless-N Gigabit Router (WNR3500) incorporates an ultra-fast five-port 10/100/1000 Mbps switch (one Gigabit Ethernet WAN and four Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports)"

or his VM company is directly causing this very same "choke point" he's so good at telling worlds press he's against.

ohh wait, VM already force you to buy the 10/100 fast ethernet ONLY WNR2000 as the official 50Mbit router, thats another one of those so called "choke point" underpowered slow ethernet SOC devices he's dead against....
popper is offline   Reply With Quote