Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)
Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 21:01   #661
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

In regards to SA coming to VM by August 2018.

I live on the flight path to Heathrow. And l can see pink elephants coming over every time SA is mentioned.

I can sit in my garden and see the pilots, that how close l am.

I will believe it when VM actually mention it.
Advertisement
Old 10-04-2018, 21:32   #662
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
In regards to SA coming to VM by August 2018.

I live on the flight path to Heathrow. And l can see pink elephants coming over every time SA is mentioned.

I can sit in my garden and see the pilots, that how close l am.

I will believe it when VM actually mention it.
It will have arrived by the time VM mention it. A few weeks previously!
Old 10-04-2018, 21:37   #663
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
It is being reported by gother on Digital Spy that Amazon is set to arrive on VM this autumn. He believes that this will be Amazon Prime Video only, with the PPV and Amazon channels stripped out, which makes sense.

If this proves to be right, I shall be extremely pleased, and also more hopeful that this is the firm direction VM will be taking in the future. I have long believed that VM should market their V6 as a streaming box with cable channels - I am absolutely convinced that this would be popular with the public.
I might even get a V6 by then, if that's what happens. I find having Prime mixed in with PPV and now tv channels confusing. You put on Netflix and everything on there is available as part of the streaming sub. So this "stripped" down version of Amazon would be better for me.
Old 11-04-2018, 01:41   #664
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

On Thursday 12 April you can hear an interview about Talking Pictures with Noel Cronin, the man behind the channel.

It can be heard at 16:00 on Radio 4 (with a repeat the following Sunday at 23:00).
Old 11-04-2018, 08:40   #665
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
I might even get a V6 by then, if that's what happens. I find having Prime mixed in with PPV and now tv channels confusing. You put on Netflix and everything on there is available as part of the streaming sub. So this "stripped" down version of Amazon would be better for me.
The Amazon app on my LG Smart TV is pretty good. You can change the settings so only Prime content is displayed. Gets rid of any confusion.
Old 11-04-2018, 08:52   #666
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
The Amazon app on my LG Smart TV is pretty good. You can change the settings so only Prime content is displayed. Gets rid of any confusion.
l can concur with that Chad as we have a LG Smart TV as well.
Old 11-04-2018, 13:18   #667
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Hi

Radio Times has confirmed that Sky Cinema will rebrand Sky Cinema Animation will rebrand back to Sky Cinema Family on Monday (April 16th).

Sky Cinema Classics will be with us until sometime after April 20th

---------- Post added at 13:18 ---------- Previous post was at 13:09 ----------

Quote:
It is being reported by gother on Digital Spy that Amazon is set to arrive on VM this autumn. He believes that this will be Amazon Prime Video only, with the PPV and Amazon channels stripped out, which makes sense.

If this proves to be right, I shall be extremely pleased, and also more hopeful that this is the firm direction VM will be taking in the future. I have long believed that VM should market their V6 as a streaming box with cable channels - I am absolutely convinced that this would be popular with the public.
Thanks for update "gother"
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 11-04-2018, 21:55   #668
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

It's already Animation on my EPG, good to know it's changing back as animation is only rarely my cup of tea.

When The Wind blows was an exception as it dealt with a subject that was so horrifying that doing it in animation was probably better.
Old 15-04-2018, 01:10   #669
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
can you watch shows youve purchased or is it just the subscription amazon prime?
Old 16-04-2018, 07:33   #670
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

The loss of yet another music channel to teen entertainment with little or no original programming. Why do these companies do this? Surely, it must be as cheap as chips to run a music video station.

I used to like VH1 a decade ago. Had they left the format alone, I would have stuck with them. You Tube is all well and good, but this works best with music you choose. However, it is nice to see new and old music videos that you are not expecting.

https://www.a516digital.com/2018/04/...rtainment.html
Old 16-04-2018, 08:34   #671
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

.... and broadcasters wonder why people are turning to Netflix in ever increasing numbers.
Old 16-04-2018, 08:58   #672
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
The loss of yet another music channel to teen entertainment with little or no original programming. Why do these companies do this? Surely, it must be as cheap as chips to run a music video station.

I used to like VH1 a decade ago. Had they left the format alone, I would have stuck with them. You Tube is all well and good, but this works best with music you choose. However, it is nice to see new and old music videos that you are not expecting.

I'm afraid that video rights costs for TV v YouTube and Generation Streaming on mobile devices will see more channels heading in this direction.
Old 16-04-2018, 09:11   #673
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

It might be a placeholder for Viacom's forthcoming Paramount Channel launch? Though a recent article in Broadcast suggested the UK version is going to be movie-led.
Old 16-04-2018, 12:42   #674
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
It might be a placeholder for Viacom's forthcoming Paramount Channel launch? Though a recent article in Broadcast suggested the UK version is going to be movie-led.
Unless the new Paramount Channel IS movie-led, I fear it will just be a load of old rubbish. A bigger choice of films is always welcome, but why don't they show more that don't tend to get air time on TV? So many films shown at cinemas never seem to get shown again for reasons that I don't understand.
Old 16-04-2018, 13:43   #675
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:

Sadly if it turns out like MTV then its Bobs your uncle as far as l am concerned.