Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sack Sven NOW!!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sack Sven NOW!!
View Poll Results: Should England sack Sven?
Yes true right get rid of the money grabber 6 50.00%
No keep him cos i don't want to see England in Germany in 2006 6 50.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-09-2004, 09:39   #31
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Sack Sven NOW!!

SACK THE TEAM,SACK THE MANAGER,SACK EVERYONE.

Just start all over again with folk who aren't being paid huge over the top salaries and getting huge endorsement fees.Then they might just get a team that plays for the love of the game and give the country back some pride.

Kick the agents and those hangers on who are just using the sport,any sport to promote dubious products(like Nike who's record in using child labour is disgusting)out of the dressing rooms and stadiums.

When I heard Alan Ball tell in an interview this week how when he was in the winning 66 team his take home pay was £500 a week it made me pause for thought.Maybe it's time to take the whinging,whining,drug using,alchoholic, oversexed bunch that represent us on the football pitch at present and kick them into touch.

Incog.I don't really hate football,I just hate what it has become and I still think there is too much sport on tv.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:57   #32
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

I think it's about time we sacked the entire corps of lazy football writers in the British press, who earn money for nothing by trotting out endless 'sack the manager' stories. England is not the best footballing nation on Earth. Face facts. This means we will lose some of our games.

By the way, didn't we actually win last night, or was I reading about it in some strange parallel universe?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 10:12   #33
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Didn't the press get Bobby Robson sacked?? Or am I wrong with that? I though he was a great manager for England.

If you want to see a team with passion and deterimation look at the Northern Ireland team last night! I'll be honest, we are a pretty poor team but the players always give it their all to the very end (expect last Saturday, but we'll let them off for that!!). And when we do win its the sweetest feeling!! Maybe England should have a spell in the doldrums so that the fans can realise again how good it feels to win! (or draw!). Jesus you have 4 points from 2 away matches and your still not happy!!!!
I though the Norn Iron fans were great at the match last night too.

Looking forward to England coming over to Windsor park!
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 10:35   #34
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve H
Yes, I think we should have an english manager so I don't know what on earth your on about with the Got to be English blarb. Could you get fired up enough to say.. take France to a final, and guide them through matches? There isn't the same nationalism.. the same patriotic feel that you have when watching your OWN COUNTRY play football.

Sven's a crap tactician, he's a crap manager.. wouldn't even like to see him at Stoke tbh, much prefer Pulis who actually knows how to get a team going.
To use your words, read my post properly. Where did I accuse you of being nationalistic. My beef was that you were saying that we should limit our options to an English manager, especially as all the English ones have been crap recently.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:13   #35
marcopolio
Inactive

marcopolio is on a distinguished roadmarcopolio is on a distinguished road

Bloody hell - talk about getting fired up!!

Now my turn . Looking at the facts, Sven is doing a very good job for a team that is not the best in the world, has only won one trophy and that was won on home soil. We have only lost three competitive fixtures, to the World Cup winners, the European Chamipionship holders and the home nation on penalties in Euro 2004.

Sven has ensured that we have moved on from the days of KK (Southgate in the centre of midfield, against Germany!?!), and are looking like we have an excellent chance of qualifying for Germany 2006.

2 games in, both abroad and against tricky opposition. Will Austria play with so much fire at Old Trafford/St. James Park/Anfield/Wherever when the packed crowd are fully behind England? Both should yield home victories, with the games away at Wales and Northern Ireland looking tricky as they will be derby games.

Seriously, sacking Sven would be a wrong move. He has brought stability, player togetherness and unity. Why remove him? Because he, as a single guy, has sex with a work colleague? How many people do that daily and what does this have to do with his ability to manage a football team - especially as this happened in the close season!!

He has also shown a willingness to make changes, with him taking a chance by dropping James and Smith for two unproven youngsters. People keep talking about dropping Beckham but previous England managers had to suffer the media demanding that Shearer be dropped, Robson is too injury prone etc. Looking back at these players suggests that the manager was correct to play them all the time, doesn't it?

All I am saying is to look objectively at where the England side is vs the media senationalism that surrounds the team. Having a poll for a donkey vs David James in goal - that is not journalism, football related critiscm or even a report on his private life!

Consider where England was before World Cup 2002: worried about even qualifying and beaten by the arch enemy 1-0 at Wembley.

After Euro 2004 and 2 qualifying games: hugely disappointed not to have beaten Brazil and won the World Cup, desperately unlucky not to beat Portugal in normal time and lost on penalties and again disappointed not to win Euro 2004. Also looking very solid for qualification (4 points from 2 away games - Poland and Austria must consider these dropped points).
England also in the world rankings at number 8 iirc.

Sven has moved England forward to the point where we feel that England should win every major tournament and when we don't the media response is ridiculous.

So, back to the point - can I have a "keep Sven and qualify" option?
marcopolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:19   #36
orangebird
Inactive

Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star

Terry Venables for England Manager!!!!!!!!!!!
orangebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:26   #37
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebird
Terry Venables for England Manager!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree 100%.

Trouble is-the old farts at the top of the F.A won't have him as he carries far too much respect from the players.

Jeez-they worry about the 'baggage' that TV may bring-what about the baggage that Sven has brought!? (& no, I'm not talking about that old baggage Nancy! )

Much was the same for Brian Clough, he is IMO the best England Manager that England never had.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote