Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit (Old)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Brexit (Old)
Closed Thread

Old 27-07-2018, 11:53   #721
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit Discussion (New thread-Follow First Post Rules!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Which parts of Europe have you been too? There are some extraordinary cities and locations in Europe. There are great places in other parts of the world too but Europe is rich with top places to go, it's got some of the oldest civilizations there - at least Western ones.

The issue with the channel will be how all these structures work. I imagine we'll be able to go into Europe without a visa, I am not sure how customs checks will work or how the flight area works. We can get agreements for all of this but you're on the one advocating we don't do a deal.
Which parts of Europe I have been to is irrelevant. You're doing that thing again, inventing things up I have never said. I never said there is no where decent to go in Europe, I said there is better places to go, than Europe and that is a factual analysis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien
Since then we've built up many ties and built infrastructure within how the EU works. I.E No customs checks, agreements on flights and tons of regulation. We're now talking about just stopping that suddenly. 40+ years worth of work is not easily dismantled and replaced in 2 years.
It's the EU that's being bloody difficult as always, demanding concessions all the time - they are a corrupt set of unelected old morons, who totally disgust me. I no longer want to be a EU Citizen, I absolutely detest everything about the EU and what it has become and what it wants to become.

Finally the Brits have a chance to stand up to these EU imbeciles and say no bloody more, we want out, that's how it should be if we had a strong PM.

As Inventor and Entrepreneur Sir James Dyson has said - Us leaving the EU, would hurt them more than it would hurt us.
Advertisement
Old 27-07-2018, 12:15   #722
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Which parts of Europe I have been to is irrelevant. You're doing that thing again, inventing things up I have never said. I never said there is no where decent to go in Europe, I said there is better places to go, than Europe and that is a factual analysis.
I was only asking were went as part of the discussion since it was about places to go.

I didn't say you didn't say there were not decent places to go in Europe. I said there are amazing places to go. It's not a 'factual analysis' to say there are better places to go, it's a subjective opinion. People like different things.

Quote:
As Inventor and Entrepreneur Sir James Dyson has said - Us leaving the EU, would hurt them more than it would hurt us.
Their combined economy is far bigger than ours. Their base of possible customers far larger too.

Last edited by Damien; 27-07-2018 at 12:28.
Old 27-07-2018, 12:20   #723
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:

It's the EU that's being bloody difficult as always, demanding concessions all the time - they are a corrupt set of unelected old morons, who totally disgust me. I no longer want to be a EU Citizen, I absolutely detest everything about the EU and what it has become and what it wants to become.

Finally the Brits have a chance to stand up to these EU imbeciles and say no bloody more, we want out, that's how it should be if we had a strong PM.

aye we be only country in world with 0 trade deals they still have all there's and doing one with USA now too we be just a little island of the cost of Europe so love to have James Dyson tell us that will make them worse of than us
Old 27-07-2018, 12:21   #724
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Ok, who has kidnapped Damien and replaced him with a Brexit Bot?
Old 27-07-2018, 12:28   #725
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Opps! fixed
Old 27-07-2018, 13:19   #726
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
aye we be only country in world with 0 trade deals they still have all there's and doing one with USA now too we be just a little island of the cost of Europe so love to have James Dyson tell us that will make them worse of than us
Can you do that in English ?
Old 27-07-2018, 13:46   #727
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Ok, who has kidnapped Damien and replaced him with a Brexit Bot?
WTF you calling the "Brexit bot" ?

You never learn. You are now suspended until further notice.
Old 27-07-2018, 16:51   #728
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
WTF you calling the "Brexit bot" ?

You never learn. You are now suspended until further notice.
I need to apologise here. When I saw Damien's reply that was obviously not in his style, I tried to make a joke that he had been replaced by a Facebook/Twitter style "Bot". I guess my joke did not come across as such Back to Joke School for me ..
Old 27-07-2018, 17:08   #729
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien

But somewhat valid nevertheless! Certainly reflecting or partially reflecting a considerable body of opinion in this thread.

---------- Post added at 17:08 ---------- Previous post was at 17:07 ----------

It's not yet raining here in Rutland. It's all Juncker's fault!

My advice is at your risk.
Old 27-07-2018, 20:00   #730
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
I need to apologise here. When I saw Damien's reply that was obviously not in his style, I tried to make a joke that he had been replaced by a Facebook/Twitter style "Bot". I guess my joke did not come across as such Back to Joke School for me ..
Fair enough - I apologise too - I totally took it the wrong way. I blame the heat.

End result, total over reaction on my part and where I am wrong, I am not ashamed to admit it. I obviously removed the suspension when I was advised it wasn't what you had intended.
Old 27-07-2018, 20:27   #731
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

According to Channel 5, we import 70% of the medicines that we need.

Senior civil servants are warning that, if we leave with a no deal Brexit, hospitals will run out of drugs within two weeks.

True?

Scaremongering?
Old 27-07-2018, 20:44   #732
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

Senior civil servants are warning that, if we leave with a no deal Brexit, hospitals will run out of drugs within two weeks.

True?

Scaremongering?
Well medicines are being stockpiled in case of no deal so make your own mind up. Project Fear is becoming reality.
Old 27-07-2018, 21:14   #733
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:

True?

Scaremongering?
The underlined being the problem - many civil servants being Remainers, using scaremongering strategies, to scare people, make them panic, when there is absolutely no need to.

We managed in the 70's... we can and will manage again if people really truly believe that Britain can do things without the EU like we did 40 years to prior to ever joining the Union, sure let's do a deal but we do not want to be shackled to the EU and they tell us what we can and cannot do still, problem is there is saboteurs at every corner who want Brexit to fail, to prove and say, "I told you so.", it is so wrong and sad, a country should be able to thrive and strive on it's own without the meddling of a corrupt union, aka the EU.
Old 27-07-2018, 21:22   #734
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

I
Quote:
The underlined being the problem - many civil servants being Remainers, using scaremongering strategies, to scare people, make them panic, when there is absolutely no need to.

We managed in the 70's... we can and will manage again if people really truly believe that Britain can do things without the EU like we did 40 years to prior to ever joining the Union, sure let's do a deal but we do not want to be shackled to the EU and they tell us what we can and cannot do still, problem is there is saboteurs at every corner who want Brexit to fail, to prove and say, "I told you so.", it is so wrong and sad, a country should be able to thrive and strive on it's own without the meddling of a corrupt union, aka the EU.
Why did we join if everything was so brilliant pre-EU then? And why were we desperate to join years before we were eventually accepted?

As for the corrupt EU, I still don't recall any major corruption. Are you looking to that uncorrupted pair of gangsters Trump/Putin for trade?
Old 27-07-2018, 21:28   #735
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

True?

Scaremongering?
Whats the Eu going to do shut down drug production or stockpile thousands of tons of drugs until the companies go bankrupt
how many Eu countries can afford to lose trade with the UK .
This is a bit like those airbuses that are going to fly without wings .