Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] Major connection issues! 6/6/06

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] Major connection issues! 6/6/06

Old 06-06-2006, 20:54   #376
lisauk
Inactive

Services: Sky NTL Broadband PS2 Orange C500 SPV Mobile Wireless Network Via Links
lisauk is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Major connection issues! 6/6/06

This is from the ntl service website:

6 Jun 17:29

NTL Broadband internet customers across the whole country may currently be experiencing problems in browsing to web sites. NTL is aware of this issue and working to identify and resolve the cause as quickly as possible. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

http://www.ntl-isp.ntl.com/ServiceStatus/
lisauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2006, 20:55   #377
Barewolf
Inactive

Services: Talk Talk 1.5mb wishing it was Virgin 20mb
Barewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Barewolf

ok yes thats good, but mine will be read by the CEO of NTL which is more in your face, you dont know who will read the online one, by the time one of their idiot empoyers gets to read it could be 2008.

Mine will be going direct to the CEO printed with a letter explaining the dis satisfaction of NTL costumers.

I am also doing this down my road and neigbouring streets.

So far i have 9 people and i only started the idea an hour ago.

As i said before it wont take a minute to sign it, what do you have to loose.
Barewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 20:55   #378
mcmanic
cf.addict

mcmanic has a spectacular aura about themmcmanic has a spectacular aura about themmcmanic has a spectacular aura about themmcmanic has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisauk
google is working as long as you go to google.co.uk
not for me, but i'm of to watch BB and it'll be fine in the morning no doubt
mcmanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 20:56   #379
seannyc
Inactive

Services: NTL 4MB, 3 Phone Lines, Sky TV
seannyc is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barewolf
If there is where is it?

All i am doing is using a petition from within here and on MSN list to build up a number to slap in the face of their CEO. Ive had words with the CEO before about NTL issues, if you dont want to sign it dont, but its not going to do you any harm to sign it. Least i am actually trying to get NTL to face up to their contract.

Its worth a Shot............
Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude, I just didn't understand what you were doing but I do now.
seannyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 20:56   #380
mandrake
Inactive

Services: vm xl
mandrake is on a distinguished roadmandrake is on a distinguished road

We need a few more than the 13 who have signed the petition so far
mandrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 21:01   #381
nemesis01
Inactive

Services: 120MB BB - Sky+ HD
nemesis01 is just really nicenemesis01 is just really nicenemesis01 is just really nicenemesis01 is just really nicenemesis01 is just really nicenemesis01 is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to nemesis01

Tue, 06 Jun 2006 20:00:43 GMT

1st 512K took 1781 ms = 287.5 KB/sec, approx 2369 Kbps, 2.31 Mbps
2nd 512K took 2156 ms = 237.5 KB/sec, approx 1957 Kbps, 1.91 Mbps
3rd 512K took 1375 ms = 372.4 KB/sec, approx 3069 Kbps, 3 Mbps
4th 512K took 1735 ms = 295.1 KB/sec, approx 2432 Kbps, 2.38 Mbps

Overall Average Speed = approx 2457 Kbps, 2.4 Mbps

On 10MB, woop-de-do. Good job I am not doing anything important, or I may complain.
nemesis01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 21:02   #382
Barewolf
Inactive

Services: Talk Talk 1.5mb wishing it was Virgin 20mb
Barewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Barewolf
Question Re: Major connection issues! 6/6/06

Quote:
Originally Posted by seannyc
Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude, I just didn't understand what you were doing but I do now.
No its ok im just trying to get them to give us a service by slapping a 100 signed people petition on his desk one Monday morning, see what he will losse if he doesnt resolve the problem.

I got 6 months free BB last time i wrote to the CEO with my intimidating letter, i told him he sorts it or i goto BT and the local paper after they ripped up my lawn.

The petition i made will go with a letter just as in your face.

lets get it moving over the net, 100 be awesome, 500 i will need a new printer ink
Barewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 21:05   #383
Enuff

My ebay, yahoo, and tight-rubber-outfits.com are impossible to access! What am I to do?
Old 06-06-2006, 21:06   #384
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodger444
My ebay, yahoo, and tight-rubber-outfits.com are impossible to access! What am I to do?
Old 06-06-2006, 21:06   #385
DaggaDagga
Inactive

Services: Royal Mail snail mail. No telly. Wind-up gramophone. Posts: 125,837.56
DaggaDagga has a brilliant futureDaggaDagga has a brilliant futureDaggaDagga has a brilliant futureDaggaDagga has a brilliant futureDaggaDagga has a brilliant futureDaggaDagga has a brilliant futureDaggaDagga has a brilliant futureDaggaDagga has a brilliant futureDaggaDagga has a brilliant futureDaggaDagga has a brilliant futureDaggaDagga has a brilliant futureDaggaDagga has a brilliant future

Signed it. I can't understand why any NTL customer wouldn't sign it. Get the numbers up - it might make the news!
DaggaDagga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 21:09   #386
ps2mint
Inactive

Services: Virgin media full house and Vivid 200
ps2mint is an unknown quantity at this point

QUOTE from service status page.

"Update 21:00 - Issues appear to have been caused by a failure due to overload of NTL's DNS servers.

Browsing is slowly returning to normal, however it is unlikely that services will be fault free until morning of 7/6/06 "
ps2mint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 21:11   #387
Swansea-Jack
cf.member

Swansea-Jack is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: [Merged]-Major connection issues!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Fisher
I managed to get it by switching proxies.

Installed it but it's made no difference.

Big Thanks anyway..

You have to use it without any proxies, thats the only downside.

Seems to work here if I just browse through my own IP address.

SJ.
Swansea-Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 21:13   #388
chrisjones
Inactive

Services: 100mb BB TiVo 500gb TV L Phone - Evening / Weekends
chrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to chrisjones Send a message via MSN to chrisjones Send a message via Yahoo to chrisjones

Well ive contacted NTL to see whats what. Its getting silly now and im getting a right old ear-bashing from the missus as I stupidly suggested we added the Internet service to our acc.

Cant help but feel we are all paying for ****e right now.
chrisjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 21:13   #389
budwieser
cf.mega poster

budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star
budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star

Give NTL a chance for gods sake.!!!!!!!!!
As soon as so much as a rumour of something for nothing comes along, everyone wants it NOW,NOW,NOW!!!!!!!! Be Patient.
It comes to those that wait.
Don`t forget, You have a choice, if you don`t like the service provided, **** off somewhere else and stop climbing on our tits and making a pain in the **** of yourselves.
Most of the people on here who complain about NTL`s service have not bothered to set up their PC`s or Modems or Routers properly and then blame the service provider for shoddy service.
budwieser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 21:18   #390
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by budwieser
Most of the people on here who complain about NTL`s service have not bothered to set up their PC`s or Modems or Routers properly and then blame the service provider for shoddy service.
You could have the perfect PC - Cable Modem setup - not much you can do when ntl has problems with their own DNS servers. I think you went a tad OTT there.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote