Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 16-08-2013, 18:42   #3496
braysoj1
cf.geek

Services: virgin media xl , freeview, sky
braysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to all
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

i watched Clare Balding show last night it was shocking

ps

breaking news

BT Sport announces latest live Football Conference matches

http://www.btplc.com/news/Articles/S...2-15F92D2AE204
braysoj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-08-2013, 19:47   #3497
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
Is there an audience that will make it worth the purchase?
If they follow the course of the NFL there is money to be made and fans to convert 87000 fans at Wembley twice a year is no mean feat. Even England v Scotland game only 75000 were there.

---------- Post added at 19:47 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by braysoj1 View Post
i watched Clare Balding show last night it was shocking

ps

breaking news

BT Sport announces latest live Football Conference matches

http://www.btplc.com/news/Articles/S...2-15F92D2AE204
I have to disagree, perhaps it was the fact there were no footballers on the show that some of you did not like it. It was certainly better than a load of sycophant ex footballers talking a load of rubbish earlier in the evening.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 19:58   #3498
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
If they follow the course of the NFL there is money to be made and fans to convert 87000 fans at Wembley twice a year is no mean feat. Even England v Scotland game only 75000 were there.

---------- Post added at 19:47 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

I have to disagree, perhaps it was the fact there were no footballers on the show that some of you did not like it. It was certainly better than a load of sicafant exfootballers talking a load of rubbish earlier in the evening.
Agree it was refreshing change. I'm a huge football fan but it is analysed and previewed to death.
Old 16-08-2013, 20:13   #3499
BexTech
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Cable TV (1TB Tivo) & Net, 120cm motorized satellite system.
BexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost View Post
Agree it was refreshing change. I'm a huge football fan but it is analysed and previewed to death.
I only ever watch the match itself, don't bother with all the other nonsense before, in-between or after.
BexTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 20:23   #3500
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BexTech View Post
I only ever watch the match itself, don't bother with all the other nonsense before, in-between or after.
Yes, I am not keen on foreplay either. And claire balding wouldn't be my choice
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 20:26   #3501
VirginMediaPhil
cf.addict

Services: 2x TiVo
VirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud of

Why did Virgin Media bother sending us that calendar of sport for the next year BEFORE signing the BT Sport deal? Surely they would have known seeing as they can't have made a whole ad campaign about it featuring Peter Crouch on the same day they announced the deal lol
VirginMediaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 20:28   #3502
braysoj1
cf.geek

Services: virgin media xl , freeview, sky
braysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to all

i would recommend Baker Kelly BTS on bt sports was very funny any one else watch it thoughts
braysoj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 20:38   #3503
Jameseh

I thought it was dire like all these talkshows.
Old 16-08-2013, 20:46   #3504
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathome View Post
Does anyone know when the NHL rights are up for auction again? I did have a google and came across this interesting piece.

http://pushforpros.wordpress.com/201...-and-bid-more/
NHL signed a new 4 year deal with Premier Sports on 5th July 2012.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 21:19   #3505
cityfan247
cf.addict

Services: Full House 2 V6 Boxes 1 1TB Tivo Freesat Freeview HD Roku Apple TV 3 Firesticks
cityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
NHL signed a new 4 year deal with Premier Sports on 5th July 2012.
i'm not sure Premier Sports will be around that long unless they take steps to reach as large an audience as possible -with Sky and BT ahead of them in the pay tv market perhaps they should abandon the subscription route.

Quite frankly they dont offer any near as good value compared to Sky and BT.

Perhaps they could go the same as Eurosport that has some decent programming (some would say superior to Premier Sports) and are not subscription based. As I said in a previous post be more widely available (not just on Sky platform) be cheaper and get on a VM tv package
cityfan247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 21:20   #3506
GordonJ
Inactive

Services: Tivo, XL TV
GordonJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anypermitedroute View Post
So now as per the original topic:

1) ESPN - retained in XL and HD
2) BT - acquired in XL and HD
3) Eurosport - 1&2 in HD and XL
4) Premier sport - no (can they continue with likes of BT?)
5) sky sports news - only SD but rumoured HD soon

3 down two possibly one to go depending on how you look at it
How about Motors TV in SD. I'm not even worried about HD just anything other than the awful picture quality it is now
GordonJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 21:34   #3507
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityfan247 View Post
i'm not sure Premier Sports will be around that long unless they take steps to reach as large an audience as possible -with Sky and BT ahead of them in the pay tv market perhaps they should abandon the subscription route.

Perhaps they could go the same as Eurosport that has some decent programming (some would say superior to Premier Sports) and are not subscription based. As I said in a previous post be more widely available (not just on Sky platform) be cheaper and get on a VM tv package
The reason why Premier Sports is not on VM is that they wanted to be on the XL TV pack and VM said subscription route was their only option to get on the cable platform!
Old 16-08-2013, 21:44   #3508
cityfan247
cf.addict

Services: Full House 2 V6 Boxes 1 1TB Tivo Freesat Freeview HD Roku Apple TV 3 Firesticks
cityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhatter67 View Post
The reason why Premier Sports is not on VM is that they wanted to be on the XL TV pack and VM said subscription route was their only option to get on the cable platform!
presumably because Premier had asked for too much money and overestimated its value- I am sure if the price was right for both parties it could be on VM
cityfan247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 21:49   #3509
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityfan247 View Post

Totally agree. They do seem to have a large following in terms of their NASCAR and NHL coverage. Posts on Facebook however suggest lots of rugby and conference fans cancelled in the summer after BT snapped up the rights.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 21:54   #3510
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Totally agree. They do seem to have a large following in terms of their NASCAR and NHL coverage. Posts on Facebook however suggest lots of rugby and conference fans cancelled in the summer after BT snapped up the rights.
I cannot see Premier Sports having much of a future unless they take steps to make themselves available to more customers or sell out in the UK as ESPN have done.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote