Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Free pay as you go sim card sites

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Telco Services Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Being showered with junk mail by BT!

Old 16-01-2009, 17:23   #1
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads
Being showered with junk mail by BT!

So who else is being showered with junk mail by BT??? I'm getting every 2 to 3 weeks trying to get me to sign up and order a BT line.

They are trying to sell me BT Total Broadband and Unlimited landline calls.

So my current deal is this:

Virgin Phone XL package(Talk Unlimited) £9 per month
Virgin phone line rental: £11 per month
Virgin TV XL package: £22 per month
Virgin Broadband M package: £18 per month(2MB speed)
Caller Display: £1.75 per month
Bundle Discount: £8.00-

Total: £53.75

So if i went with BT's offer:

BT Telephone Line rental: £11.50 per month
BT Total Broadband option 3: £24 per month
Unlimited landline calls: £9 per month
Caller Display: £0.00

Total: £66.50 per month

And then add a £122 charge for a new line on top of that £66.50, nearly £189 for first bill!

So from that comparison sticking with all 3 services from Virgin Media is still cheaper than BT!

Furthermore, who BT Total Broadband option 3 is the equivalent of Virgin Media's M and L package, my neighbours have BT Total Broadband option 3 and they just about get 1MB, so who in the right mind would pay BT £24 for 1MB Broadband and unlimited downloads when you can get 10MB and unlimited downloads for £25 or even 2mb and unlimited downloads for £18 which is still more than what BT are offering for your money!

That just shows how uncompetitive BT really are!
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-01-2009, 22:19   #2
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
Re: Being showered with junk mail by BT!

I get a similar problem from SKY. We get a leaflet with a diffrent offer on it through the door every 2 weeks or so. I've had 2 in one week a couple times. Just gets annoying after a while. Wasting paper tbh.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2009, 19:49   #3
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050

This could be the direct result of spoofing etc etc. Speak to BT they *might* be able to do something about it
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2009, 09:06   #4
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

I used to get the ones from Sky too, I complained and they stopped.
Old 18-01-2009, 11:26   #5
Charlie_Bubble
Inactive

Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age
Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by m419 View Post
So who else is being showered with junk mail by BT??? I'm getting every 2 to 3 weeks trying to get me to sign up and order a BT line.

They are trying to sell me BT Total Broadband and Unlimited landline calls.

So my current deal is this:

Virgin Phone XL package(Talk Unlimited) £9 per month
Virgin phone line rental: £11 per month
Virgin Broadband M package: £18 per month(2MB speed)
Caller Display: £1.75 per month
Bundle Discount: £8.00-

Total: £53.75

So if i went with BT's offer:

BT Telephone Line rental: £11.50 per month
BT Total Broadband option 3: £24 per month
Unlimited landline calls: £9 per month
Caller Display: £0.00

Total: £66.50 per month

And then add a £122 charge for a new line on top of that £66.50, nearly £189 for first bill!

So from that comparison sticking with all 3 services from Virgin Media is still cheaper than BT!

Furthermore, who BT Total Broadband option 3 is the equivalent of Virgin Media's M and L package, my neighbours have BT Total Broadband option 3 and they just about get 1MB, so who in the right mind would pay BT £24 for 1MB Broadband and unlimited downloads when you can get 10MB and unlimited downloads for £25 or even 2mb and unlimited downloads for £18 which is still more than what BT are offering for your money!

That just shows how uncompetitive BT really are!
They all do it, I get VM junk mail almost weekly!
Charlie_Bubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2009, 19:30   #6
m419
Inactive

And after all that posting and packing, they arent even good offers!