Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | PS5 thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

PS5 thread

Old 19-03-2022, 22:35   #226
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: PS5 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Extremely difficult trying to get a PS5 at the moment.
Have you registered with Sony Direct for a chance to purchase?

https://direct.playstation.com/en-gb/hardware/ps5

---------- Post added at 21:35 ---------- Previous post was at 21:28 ----------

If I wanted to order a PS5 disc version forbidden west bundle I just tried and it looks like it's possible to select delivery from Argos or collection when entering my post code, but I don't need another!

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8349000?clickPR=plp:1:2
Old 24-03-2022, 21:09   #227
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Thanks Snoopz, yeah I've registered with Sony direct, hopefully something comes up soon.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2022, 22:14   #228
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I've had a number of notifications in recent days for stock. Amazon had some yesterday or this morning. Setup up notifications through telegram etc. There are also some twitter profiles that track stock.
Old 25-03-2022, 00:04   #229
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I'm so pleased with my PS5, I hear stories of coil whine and noisy fans and disc drive but even with my head pressed up against the console I hear nothing wrong.

I've just purchased a 1TB NVMe which I will pop off the cover and install at the weekend.

---------- Post added at 23:04 ---------- Previous post was at 23:02 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I've had a number of notifications in recent days for stock. Amazon had some yesterday or this morning. Setup up notifications through telegram etc. There are also some twitter profiles that track stock.
Are you finally trying to purchase?
Old 04-04-2022, 00:52   #230
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

This is for anyone who wants the new Premium tier 3 PS PLUS which launches in June for only £49.99, normal price is £99.99.

Basically Sony have said anyone with a current NOW sub will get upgraded for free to the top premium tier, so if you use this below work around in the Resetera link which links you to the PSN store it will let you purchase NOW for 12 months for £49.99 a saving of £49.99 when it gets upgraded.

The reason I'm posting this is Sony have removed all 12 month options from sale but this somehow ignores it.

How to purchase a 12 month NOW sub from a legit Sony link
https://www.resetera.com/threads/1yr...s-year.569152/

Info on the New Tier, there is currently no news on upgrade options for regular Plus users, only a free upgrade for Now users.
https://blog.playstation.com/2022/03...lue-than-ever/

Last edited by SnoopZ; 04-04-2022 at 01:00.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 11:06   #231
lonespeaker
cf.member

lonespeaker is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the links Snoopz. I just bought 2 years worth of Playstation Now to convert to Premium.
lonespeaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 11:11   #232
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonespeaker View Post
Thanks for the links Snoopz. I just bought 2 years worth of Playstation Now to convert to Premium.
No worries, I don't think this loop hole will last long as it's also all over Reddit HotUKDeals and many other places.
Old 07-04-2022, 17:57   #233
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Well I got an alert that Playstation Direct had the console in stock, I got into the queue as soon as the stock dropped, at first my waiting time was approx 1 hour, then within about 10 mins or so it dropped to 25 mins, then 5 mins, and back up to 1 hour.
The inevitable then happened with a notice popping up on the screen to say that all consoles had sold out for today, really disappointed at this as I had logged on as soon as the notification came up that they had stock.
Old 07-04-2022, 21:01   #234
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Well I got an alert that Playstation Direct had the console in stock, I got into the queue as soon as the stock dropped, at first my waiting time was approx 1 hour, then within about 10 mins or so it dropped to 25 mins, then 5 mins, and back up to 1 hour.
The inevitable then happened with a notice popping up on the screen to say that all consoles had sold out for today, really disappointed at this as I had logged on as soon as the notification came up that they had stock.
Damn unlucky!

Are you using any other stock alerts?
Old 08-04-2022, 12:51   #235
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Damn unlucky!

Are you using any other stock alerts?

Yes, SnoopZ, the ones I'm using are Stock Informer UK, which I now have as a notification on my iPhone via their Discord app, and I also use stock-checker.com, I've also submitted email alerts to various stores that sell the PS5.
Old 08-04-2022, 15:34   #236
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Yes, SnoopZ, the ones I'm using are Stock Informer UK, which I now have as a notification on my iPhone via their Discord app, and I also use stock-checker.com, I've also submitted email alerts to various stores that sell the PS5.
Ashame it's so difficult for you, I would also have your account and credit card details stored in all the sites you check to make things quicker.

I guess if you get a notification you have to be on it in seconds as everyone else who is trying are doing the same.
Old 08-04-2022, 17:32   #237
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Ashame it's so difficult for you, I would also have your account and credit card details stored in all the sites you check to make things quicker.

I guess if you get a notification you have to be on it in seconds as everyone else who is trying are doing the same.
Done that mate, it's just your luck it seems, so hopefully, i'll be lucky and get one soon, thanks again for your help..
Old 13-04-2022, 18:21   #238
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Finally got my hands on a PS5 console today, it was a bundle but not one that was extremely expensive, I opted for an extra controller and a game that came with it, thanks for all the help.
Old 13-04-2022, 20:22   #239
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Finally got my hands on a PS5 console today, it was a bundle but not one that was extremely expensive, I opted for an extra controller and a game that came with it, thanks for all the help.
Great news, if you decide you don't like white then the official black face plates make it looks far better, at least in horizontal mode!

Feel free to add me, even though I don't play online much it's good to compare games, and if you have any questions regarding the console please ask.
Old 13-04-2022, 20:52   #240
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Great news, if you decide you don't like white then the official black face plates make it looks far better, at least in horizontal mode!

Feel free to add me, even though I don't play online much it's good to compare games, and if you have any questions regarding the console please ask.
Thanks again mate, I'll certainly ask you for help if needed, I appreciate your input, just to let you know, although I'm an old guy I generally play games on my Laptop, the PS5 that I have just bought was a gift for my grandson, he has a PS4 at home and I've bought this one so that when he's with us and it's not a nice day outside, he can play with it here.