Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Claim your free wireless booster now

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Claim your free wireless booster now

Old 21-12-2013, 18:28   #1
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Claim your free wireless booster now

Log into your Sky account and then look at Sky Products and you will see it there click on it and claim.

"Our Sky Wireless Booster extends the wi-fi signal to help you get online in an area of the home you may not have been able to before.

It's designed to work best with the Sky Hub and other Sky Wireless 'N' routers. If you don't have either, we recommend upgrading to the Sky Hub first, as this uses our most up-to-date technology to provide a great wireless range.

Your home environment may affect the range of your wi-fi signal."

"Free for new and existing Sky Broadband customers: Subject to availability by claiming online after broadband activation (before 30.1.14). One per household."

I was part of the test team for this product about 4 months ago It's worth getting. I saw a bit of an improvement in terms of accessing wi-fi at home.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-12-2013, 19:06   #2
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
Re: Claim your free wireless booster now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Log into your Sky account and then look at Sky Products and you will see it there click on it and claim.

"Our Sky Wireless Booster extends the wi-fi signal to help you get online in an area of the home you may not have been able to before.

It's designed to work best with the Sky Hub and other Sky Wireless 'N' routers. If you don't have either, we recommend upgrading to the Sky Hub first, as this uses our most up-to-date technology to provide a great wireless range.

"Free for new and existing Sky Broadband customers: Subject to availability by claiming online after broadband activation (before 30.1.14). One per household."

I was part of the test team for this product about 4 months ago It's worth getting. I saw a bit of an improvement in terms of accessing wi-fi at home.
Oh yes i remember this. Testing this was quite fun. I also saw some improvement. Shame had to send it back. Ill order one now. Thanks Chad

---------- Post added at 18:06 ---------- Previous post was at 17:58 ----------

Says i can redeem from 27th. Wont let me redeem now
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2013, 19:12   #3
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Oh yes i remember this. Testing this was quite fun. I also saw some improvement. Shame had to send it back. Ill order one now. Thanks Chad

---------- Post added at 18:06 ---------- Previous post was at 17:58 ----------

yep i got that as well
Old 21-12-2013, 19:56   #4
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

http://www.sky.com/shop/broadband-ta...eless-booster/
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2013, 20:23   #5
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:

l will tell my parents about this because at times their connections are dreadful.
Old 21-12-2013, 21:49   #6
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Sorry, I'm jumping the gun a little bit then
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2013, 21:55   #7
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Or you get a decent router in the first place.
Old 27-12-2013, 10:15   #8
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

I am still unable to redeem this. When i sign in and try to redeem it asks me to join or upgrade, i click upgrade and says i claim the offer now but then takes me to my package page and doesnt show it on there and shows my basket empty.
Old 27-12-2013, 21:29   #9
Jimi
Permanently Banned

Services: VM
Jimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friends

Quote:
I am still unable to redeem this. When i sign in and try to redeem it asks me to join or upgrade, i click upgrade and says i claim the offer now but then takes
me to my package page and doesnt show it on there and shows my basket empty.
Try here.

http://www.sky.com/products/kit/wireless-booster/
Jimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2013, 21:38   #10
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Or you get a decent router in the first place.
A decent router or Wireless Access Point helps, but even with decent routers or WAPs, you can sometimes need more than one to cover a reasonable distance.

I know some members have houses that are rather old and have thick stone walls. Something that can reduce wireless range considerably, even with a good router/WAP.

For instance, I work in a Grade 1 Listed building with 4 foot thick stone exterior walls, and intererior walls that are (in places) a couple of feet thick. We use enterprise Cisco WAPS and the range (using 802.11n at both 2 GHz and 5GHz) is around 25 metres.

As such, to cover our campus, we have (I think) dozens of WAPs.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2013, 21:44   #11
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi View Post
I can't claim the booster either ,all i get is a £61.15 package added to my basket every time i try to claim it .I think it's only for new customers and existing customers upgrading their account to unlimited BB ,i just don't think they made it very clear.
Old 27-12-2013, 22:26   #12
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

I ordered mine no problems at all.
Old 27-12-2013, 22:36   #13
martyh

OK i think i have managed to order a booster ,as i said above it put £61.15 in my basket ,i followed it through to the confirm order page and it showed the booster had been ordered and the £61.15 had disappeared .Seems a very long winded way of ordering a free offer

---------- Post added at 21:36 ---------- Previous post was at 21:35 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I ordered mine no problems at all.
I'm wondering if it's the sky shop 'beta' they are testing
Old 27-12-2013, 22:58   #14
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
OK i think i have managed to order a booster ,as i said above it put £61.15 in my basket ,i followed it through to the confirm order page and it showed the booster had been ordered and the £61.15 had disappeared .Seems a very long winded way of ordering a free offer

---------- Post added at 21:36 ---------- Previous post was at 21:35 ----------

I'm wondering if it's the sky shop 'beta' they are testing
It is a little confusing the £61.15 will be your ongoing monthly costs , at the final confirmation page mine clearly showed it was free with postage included.
Old 28-12-2013, 10:20   #15
nstokes
Inactive

I have now ordered it. I think they must have enabled later afternoon yesterday. My dad has ordered one for him as well