Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | NOW TV - Good deals

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

NOW TV - Good deals

Old 17-12-2013, 18:03   #1
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
NOW TV - Good deals

Pretty impressed with their latest deals:

https://shop.nowtv.com/?DCMP=KNC-Generic

NOW TV box plus 6 months entertainment pass only £34.99.

NOW TV box plus 5 months SKY Movies pass only £34.99.

NOW TV box plus 5 SKY Sports day passes only £34.99.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-12-2013, 18:06   #2
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: NOW TV - Good deals

The last one is still a rip off in my humble opinion.
Old 17-12-2013, 18:32   #3
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
The last one is still a rip off in my humble opinion.
That was my feeling too at first but I can see how it offers some value.

Say you buy 2 of the boxes, costing a total of £69.98, you'll have 10 SKY Sports day passes in total. This is ideal for example for F1 fans.

SKY has exclusive live broadcast rights to 10 of the races from the F1 calendar. So instead of having to subscribe to SKY Sports from March to November, at a cost of £27.25 per month, F1 fans have a much cheaper alternative. They can buy the 10 day passes and watch the races not covered by the BBC without the need of having a full SKY Sports subscription.

It's something I'm considering as I mainly watch boxing on SKY Sports. Rather than paying over £300.00 for a SKY Sports subscription, I could buy a couple of NOW TV boxes and use the SKY Sports day passes to watch the boxing shows I'm genuinely interested in. As a nice little bonus I'll be able to catch Super Sunday the following day as part of the 24 hour pass.

A combination of Boxnation, BT Sports and some carefully used SKY Sports day passes will cover all of my sporting needs.
Old 17-12-2013, 18:34   #4
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
That was my feeling too at first but I can see how it offers some value.

Say you buy 2 of the boxes, costing a total of £69.98, you'll have 10 SKY Sports day passes in total. This is ideal for example for F1 fans.

SKY has exclusive live broadcast rights to 10 of the races from the F1 calendar. So instead of having to subscribe to SKY Sports from March to November, at a cost of £27.25 per month, F1 fans have a much cheaper alternative. They can buy the 10 day passes and watch the races not covered by the BBC without the need of having a full SKY Sports subscription.

It's something I'm considering as I mainly watch boxing on SKY Sports. Rather than paying over £300.00 for a SKY Sports subscription, I could buy a couple of NOW TV boxes and use the SKY Sports day passes to watch the boxing shows I'm genuinely interested in. As a nice little bonus I'll be able to catch Super Sunday the following day as part of the 24 hour pass.

A combination of Boxnation, BT Sports and some carefully used SKY Sports day passes will cover all of my sporting needs.
still cheaper subscribing monthly that paying the rip off day pass
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2013, 18:53   #5
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
For once Dave l agree wholeheartedly with you.
Old 17-12-2013, 19:01   #6
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
It is if you wish to watch sport all the time however many just want to access to the odd event , maybe an F1 race , boxing match , football final , I dare say some may watch with friends/family around. The Sky Sports day pass would cost you a fortune owing to the fact you watch sport on a daily basis but remember there's lots who don't.

The sports pass is now also available on Apple TV

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tech/new...-apple-tv.html
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2013, 20:46   #7
Chad
cf.mega poster

The NOW TV box itself costs £9.99 meaning the 5 day passes are costing £25.00, only £5.00 each. £5.00 seemed to be the amount people on here, and Digital Spy, considered to be a fair and reasonable price for the day pass service. £5.00 for 24 hours access to 6 sports channels is good value when compared to the cost of PPV boxing and the £7.00 SKY used to charge for Prem Plus games.

Is suppose it all comes down to when you use it. On the 1st February I could use the pass to watch Lee Selby Vs. Rendall Munroe for the European title then the following day watch West Brom Vs. Liverpool then Arsenal Vs. Crystal Palace. Not bad for £5.00.
Old 18-12-2013, 16:09   #8
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
The NOW TV box itself costs £9.99 meaning the 5 day passes are costing £25.00, only £5.00 each. £5.00 seemed to be the amount people on here, and Digital Spy, considered to be a fair and reasonable price for the day pass service. £5.00 for 24 hours access to 6 sports channels is good value when compared to the cost of PPV boxing and the £7.00 SKY used to charge for Prem Plus games.

Is suppose it all comes down to when you use it. On the 1st February I could use the pass to watch Lee Selby Vs. Rendall Munroe for the European title then the following day watch West Brom Vs. Liverpool then Arsenal Vs. Crystal Palace. Not bad for £5.00.
Its also worth remembering that to get Sky Sports on the Sky platform it costs £43.50 as you have to include a minimum of the Entertainment pack , many people are happy with just Freeview and Freesat so Now TV allows them to watch the odd day and save quite a decent amount.
Old 04-01-2014, 15:42   #9
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Are Sports, Movies and Entertainment streamed in HD? I can't see any mention of it on the website.
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 16:32   #10
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
Are Sports, Movies and Entertainment streamed in HD? I can't see any mention of it on the website.
Depends what device your using ,

All live channels are only available in SD , on selected devices On Demand Entertainment and Movies are available in HD (720p) there is currently no 5.1 audio though , this will arrive at some point.

http://help.nowtv.com/HelpArticle?id...ectedTopicKey=
Old 04-01-2014, 16:54   #11
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

Quote:

£5 each? Seems alright. I got 7 day passes with my TV. It's a shame I don't watch sports as I have 6 codes left.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:22   #12
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Depends what device your using ,

All live channels are only available in SD , on selected devices On Demand Entertainment and Movies are available in HD (720p) there is currently no 5.1 audio though , this will arrive at some point.

http://help.nowtv.com/HelpArticle?id...ectedTopicKey=
Cheers MM, I should have known that you'd have the answer

It's a shame that they're not available in HD, if I was going to pay £10 a day to watch Sky Sports I'd expect it to be in HD.
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:49   #13
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
Cheers MM, I should have known that you'd have the answer

It's a shame that they're not available in HD, if I was going to pay £10 a day to watch Sky Sports I'd expect it to be in HD.
I agree however I guess Now TV is clearly aimed at the freeview/freesat households , those who may want to watch the odd sporting event , that said I think the entertainment and movie options represent pretty good value for money and in my experience the PQ has been pretty good via the Now TV box and PS3.
Old 03-03-2014, 13:31   #14
nicko
cf.addict

Services: 30 mb broadband & phone
nicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nice

Carling are giving away sport passes on their beer multipacks limit of 5 per customer.
nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 14:46   #15
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050

So can one just buy the box, if you are already a now TV subscriber?
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote