Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | SKY 50% off deal back on

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

SKY 50% off deal back on

Old 12-02-2013, 14:53   #1
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
SKY 50% off deal back on

Money Saving Expert giving out the codes:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/sho...tm_content=105

Scroll to the bottom, put in your e-mail address and postcode to get your 50% off code. Then visit here:

http://www.sky.com/shop/offers/money-saving-expert

Enjoy SKY for half price for a full year, just like me!

New customers only I think
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-02-2013, 00:52   #2
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Re: SKY 50% off deal back on

Think that deal is for new customers but I have heard of existing customers getting some sort of deals too.

Worth taking up the deal and making a saving over the next 12 months. Then in a year see what new offers there are Bonus that you have the Sky box as a freesat to keep at the end too
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 01:21   #3
Zee
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, BT Talk Unlimited, Three PAYG, Giffgaff PAYG, Sky TV Entertainment Package
Zee has reached the bronze age
Zee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze age

Sorry, all the codes have now gone! If we blag any more codes, we'll let you know in the free, weekly email.
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 12:58   #4
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Are codes actually needed? I got my half price deal without a code but that may have been a deal at that specific time so not sure.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 00:12   #5
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
Are codes actually needed? I got my half price deal without a code but that may have been a deal at that specific time so not sure.
I'm not 100% sure.

Got 2 people from work signed up on 50% off contracts. Both are getting their TV installed within 6 days! Fantastic deals.
Old 25-04-2013, 13:58   #6
Chad
cf.mega poster

15,000 1/2 price codes available right now via Money Saving Expert:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/sho...content=94#sky

Scroll to the very bottom, put in your e-mail address and post code, and a 50% off code will be generated.

"If you're new to Sky (or left over 12 months ago) we've blagged 50% off codes for all TV packages for a year, including movies and sport – full package details below. You'll also get a free £25 M&S voucher. There's a 12-month contract - when this ends you'll pay full price.

Please note the additional fee for HD isn’t halved, unless you take the Sky Entertainment Extra+ deal."
Old 25-04-2013, 14:34   #7
Zee
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, BT Talk Unlimited, Three PAYG, Giffgaff PAYG, Sky TV Entertainment Package
Zee has reached the bronze age
Zee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze age

Just signed up! the contracts are 12 months though right?
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 16:22   #8
Jameseh

Argh, so tempted to sign up but I was preferably waiting to see how BT turned out.

Bugger.
Old 26-04-2013, 00:30   #9
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
Just signed up! the contracts are 12 months though right?
Yeah 12 months. I'm 5 months into my 12 month deal. When it expires I'll consider my options. If Virgin are offering half price for 6 months to new customers when my deal expires I'll probably move back to Virgin. 18 months in total of half price TV is something I simply can't ignore.

---------- Post added at 23:30 ---------- Previous post was at 23:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
Argh, so tempted to sign up but I was preferably waiting to see how BT turned out.

Bugger.
You have until the 2nd May to make up your mind. BT Sports will definitely be on SKY. If you join SKY on a 50% off deal, taking a similar package to what you have now, and subscribe to BT Sports in the summer I'm fairly confident you'll still be cheaper than what you are paying just now.

I was on the VIP Collection with Virgin costing £113.99 per month. I'm currently on SKY's equivalent package which is costing me £71.37, which will go down to £61.37 when ESPN drops out of my package. Even if BT Sports costs £20 per month, with my package jumping back up to £81.37 per month, I'm still going to be much better off.
Old 17-07-2013, 19:58   #10
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Seems Moneysaving expert website have more 50% off codes

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/sho...ontent=111#sky
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 18:54   #11
defroster66
Inactive

defroster66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: SKY 50% off deal back on

hi all

any news on codes for 50% off
defroster66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 19:48   #12
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by defroster66 View Post
hi all

any news on codes for 50% off
Hi,

SKY staff will have 10 codes each at the end of August to give away. If you don't know anyone who works for SKY, a quick Google during the last week of August should point you to SKY employees literally giving them away.

If I'm made aware of any other offers I'll post links here for you.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:54   #13
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/natio...tent=aff_1&nlp

I can get sky tv with sports cheaper than virgin can give me through myrates
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 13:29   #14
defroster66
Inactive

defroster66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: SKY 50% off deal back on

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post

thx for that jb ill have a go with that
defroster66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 13:30   #15
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post

Almost 5000 people have bought that deal!