Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VM News Another Price Increase

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

VM News Another Price Increase

Old 21-01-2022, 06:34   #256
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one
Re: VM News Another Price Increase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexz View Post
We are on broadband only. I was able to get them to reduce it from £50 to £46.50 last year only to have this £3.50 increase sent to us today. So for us, an increase of 8%. We already had to downgrade from 350mbit to 200mbit so it looks like we will be downgrading again...
At the moment I pay £42 per month and now it is increased by £4.00 per month.
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-01-2022, 17:41   #257
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrB View Post
Interesting, so it seems there may be a change in contracts depending on when you join (or how they have applied a promotion to accounts - whether as a fixed price contract/price for a fixed term, like mine, or it seems as a discount of X off the tariff - so the amount of discount stays the same but the price it is based on increases as does the price you pay).

If you still have the same wording about being able to leave penalty free, then that is an option to renegotiate.

Spoke to retentions who have said I won't get the price increase and that that is showing on my account. They also said I because I had recently re-contracted was why I got the email I did (previous contract was due to end in April). I'll see what happens in March.
djmagnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2022, 20:58   #258
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

By which time you will be too late to cancel and there will be 'no record of your call'.

I'd get them to drop you an email to confirm what they said, though, in the past, i've simply been told that what was said in the email was a mistake and that the 'price increase still stands'.

This might work in their country, but not in ours and I took it further to get it taken off.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2022, 21:04   #259
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Please remove that last statement. That is totally uncalled for.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2022, 21:10   #260
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
By which time you will be too late to cancel and there will be 'no record of your call'.

I'd get them to drop you an email to confirm what they said, though, in the past, i've simply been told that what was said in the email was a mistake and that the 'price increase still stands'.

This might work in their country, but not in ours and I took it further to get it taken off.
Richard, if it was an offshore call-centre, they work to rules and scripts set up by VM, and there is regular Quality Control checks on these things.

Your last line reflects badly upon you, but not a surprise, given your previous posts on this type of situation.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 21-01-2022 at 22:24.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2022, 21:54   #261
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

I spoke to someone in the UK.
djmagnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2022, 22:22   #262
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmagnifique View Post
I spoke to someone in the UK.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg BD7B4016-C666-4160-B660-EF1B2D39EF67.jpeg (38.8 KB, 220 views)
Old 21-01-2022, 22:36   #263
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

I ended up with a price reduction from an off shore agent the day after a GB based agent couldn't or wouldn't do anything. It didn't work in this country but the overseas agent came up with the goods
Old 21-01-2022, 22:42   #264
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Richard in xenophobic outburst shocker.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2022, 00:11   #265
jobbie8
cf.addict

Services: BB 250MB, SKY Stream, Netfix, Disney+, Discovery+, AppleTV+,YouTube Premium, Paramount+
jobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nice

My discount is up in May. Paying £66 for Max it, Sky Cinema, 200BB and weekends landline.
Called up today, got 6 months at £61 then for the next 12 months £72, with no price increases until 18-month contract is up. I checked my email and the contract says the same. I'm pleased with the new contract, at least I won't be paying £111+ in June.
jobbie8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2022, 00:17   #266
Rexz
cf.addict

Services: VM 152mbit + TV + Phone
Rexz is a glorious beacon of lightRexz is a glorious beacon of lightRexz is a glorious beacon of lightRexz is a glorious beacon of lightRexz is a glorious beacon of lightRexz is a glorious beacon of lightRexz is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Richard in xenophobic outburst shocker.
I hardly find his reply xenophobic... Maybe a bit prejudice.... Unless of course he has a fear of foreigners? Please don't just jump on a bandwagon and misuse a word for personal gain...
Rexz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2022, 00:48   #267
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
I hardly find his reply xenophobic... Maybe a bit prejudice.... Unless of course he has a fear of foreigners? Please don't just jump on a bandwagon and misuse a word for personal gain...
I'm not sure what personal gain I have from stating something that is so self-evident you capture it in your own response.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2022, 01:12   #268
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Quote:
xenophobia

A fear of or antipathy towards foreigners and strangers
https://www.oxfordreference.com/view...9599868-e-2072
Old 23-01-2022, 16:39   #269
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Interesting post on VM's Community Forum about the price rise:
Quote:
Any discount that you've been offered for the 12/18 months will still be honoured, so if you accepted a fixed price then you'll receive that until the end of the discount period. If you accepted a £ or % amount off, this will also continue to be honoured but you will see your price increase from March 1st. We will advise you in your communication how the price change will affect your deal.
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...920131#M173824
nialli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2022, 10:25   #270
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
Interesting post on VM's Community Forum about the price rise:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...920131#M173824
That's how I understood it to be, i.e. If you receive a £10 discount, that stays the same but the overall cost of the package still increases. I've never known them offer percentage discounts though.

I received my letter this morning, which is strange as they usually email me. My increase is just over 10%, so on a par with what looks to be average across the telecoms sector this year.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote