Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The state benefits system mega-thread.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The state benefits system mega-thread.

Old 19-07-2015, 01:39   #1726
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation
Re: The state benefits system mega-thread. Many merged.

War brings about status change whether or not it is appropriate I suppose. Your family nonetheless became participants in and contributors to the way of life of its host; they will be men used to 'putting in' to the system in the expectation of getting something out. The principle is just as valid today and we shouldn't encourage anyone to expect something for nothing imho especially newcomers.
Kursk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-07-2015, 10:50   #1727
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

We've done far too much of that, I believe - confering rights without responsibilities or expectations - allowing the majority of hardworking and decent people to be increasingly put upon in order to accommodate the wants and desires of a minority who contribute little or nothing to society and refuse to behave responsibly. Those who need help/support should get it. Those who choose to ride on the back of the system should be shown up for what they are and have concessions removed not added to. Those who come here to contribute to our society should be welcomed. Those who come here purely to abuse the system and even undermine their host society should never be given citizenship (or have it removed) and should be deported. We cannot soak up the world's needy or allow 'asylum' to continue to be a byword for economic migration. There will always be those undeserving who're able to exploit any system but right now ours is far too relaxed about the abuse it's being subjected to whether that be the hordes queueing up in Calais or those who come here under clearly false pretences and then cynically commence a systematic abuse of the asylum/welare system. Refuge, opportunity and welfare here should be earned and seen as a reward not as an entitlement to anyone who wants it.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2015, 12:16   #1728
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

In regards to the private sickness insurance scheme, there is no surprise there.

A certain American health insurance company has long been having input into the sickness benefit assessments this country uses and have probably been lobbying for a while to take over the role from the DWP. So its just another idea to shift taxpayer money to private enterprises.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2015, 15:10   #1729
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
So its just another idea to shift taxpayer money to private enterprises.
You are Jeremy Corbyn and I claim my £5.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2015, 17:23   #1730
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
We've done far too much of that, I believe - confering rights without responsibilities or expectations - allowing the majority of hardworking and decent people to be increasingly put upon in order to accommodate the wants and desires of a minority who contribute little or nothing to society and refuse to behave responsibly. Those who need help/support should get it. Those who choose to ride on the back of the system should be shown up for what they are and have concessions removed not added to. Those who come here to contribute to our society should be welcomed. Those who come here purely to abuse the system and even undermine their host society should never be given citizenship (or have it removed) and should be deported. We cannot soak up the world's needy or allow 'asylum' to continue to be a byword for economic migration. There will always be those undeserving who're able to exploit any system but right now ours is far too relaxed about the abuse it's being subjected to whether that be the hordes queueing up in Calais or those who come here under clearly false pretences and then cynically commence a systematic abuse of the asylum/welare system. Refuge, opportunity and welfare here should be earned and seen as a reward not as an entitlement to anyone who wants it.
Old 23-07-2015, 17:36   #1731
RizzyKing

I haven't heard one sensible person oppose the idea of those who can work should and that receipt of benefits should come with responsibility as there are those who feel they have a right to money no matter how irresponsibly they act. That doesn't mean the Tories program is achieving any of that beyond sound bites and too many with genuine medical problems both diagnosed and confirmed by medical professionals are getting hit whilst the worst abusers are managing to skate by yet again.
Old 23-07-2015, 20:15   #1732
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
I haven't heard one sensible person oppose the idea of those who can work should and that receipt of benefits should come with responsibility as there are those who feel they have a right to money no matter how irresponsibly they act. That doesn't mean the Tories program is achieving any of that beyond sound bites and too many with genuine medical problems both diagnosed and confirmed by medical professionals are getting hit whilst the worst abusers are managing to skate by yet again.
It is not whether you have or allege you, a particular medical problem, it is how it affects you. Often all a GP will do is repeat what the claimant had said.

Depression is the new "back pain". You only have the claimants word for it and often it is a matter of just "feeling down".
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2015, 20:43   #1733
RizzyKing

That's why I'm not on about mental health I agree it's a minefield I'm talking about chronic psychical problems like Parkinson's, arthritis, muscular dystrophy, ankylosing spondylitis and cystic fibrosis. People with chronic forms of all those conditions have been recently classed as fit for work with far more then just a GP to vouch for their condition. Their appeals for those lucky to have a date are in two years time and when they win as they will they will get sent back for reassessment and back on the merry go round we go. There are many good ideas in the world with lousy implementation and these so called reforms are a prime example. Cannot argue with the language or the base principle and if you don't bother to pay attention to the implementation alls good I guess but the reality is these reforms are totally missing the worst abusers of the system and are hitting non abusers.

Please don't give me the "few innocents will be hit" line as when dealing with chronic conditions an abundance of information and evidence is made available problem is many assessors are not doctors or even medical personnel they just went through the company's assessment training course. They don't want to admit they don't understand the information or know it at all so just give a mark regardless. I want reform, I want a system that is fair to both those who receive it and those whose contributions make it possible but this isn't it and everyone deserves better considering the sums of money involved are not small.
Old 23-07-2015, 21:06   #1734
nomadking
cf.mega poster

nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

And those conditions don't necessarily go from "0-60" overnight. They progress at slow speeds over several years. At the beginning might well be different from 10 years later.

From UK Parkinson's website
Quote:
It's important to remember that everyone's experience of Parkinson's is different. Not everyone will experience all of these symptoms.
The order in which symptoms appear and the way symptoms progress also varies from person to person.
It may take a long time to get to this stage
Quote:
The term 'advanced Parkinson's' usually refers to a time when your symptoms are more complex and have more of an effect on your day-to-day life. You may find that you're no longer able to do tasks such as washing and dressing without help from someone else, perhaps a carer.
Quote:
Healthcare professionals often refer to different 'stages' of Parkinson's. These include:
  • Early or diagnosis stage: the time when someone is first experiencing symptoms, being diagnosed and then coming to terms with this
  • Maintenance stage: when symptoms are controlled, perhaps by medication
  • Advanced stage: often called the 'complex phase'
  • Palliative stage: providing relief from the symptoms, stress and pain of the condition
Everyone with Parkinson's is different and symptoms will progress at a different rate. It's nothing to do with your age or how long you've had Parkinson's.
Michael J Fox was still working in front of cameras more than 20 years after being diagnosed.
Old 23-07-2015, 21:16   #1735
RizzyKing

I guess you just glossed over the word chronic in relation to the progress of their conditions I mentioned it twice the second time denoting the progress of their condition. To be honest I should have known better then to come back here everyone says "they should get it if needed" but don't really believe that and don't really care how it's being implemented my mistake won't bother you again.
Old 23-07-2015, 21:27   #1736
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
I guess you just glossed over the word chronic in relation to the progress of their conditions I mentioned it twice the second time denoting the progress of their condition. To be honest I should have known better then to come back here everyone says "they should get it if needed" but don't really believe that and don't really care how it's being implemented my mistake won't bother you again.
Chronic means long term. It is DIFFERENT from acute. 20 years and still able to work in the case of Michael J Fox, does not suggest acute.
Old 24-07-2015, 11:51   #1737
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

2 single mums near us have just been referred to slimming and keep fit classes to prepare them both for work. Both have a child each of around 5 years of age.

They appear to be trying for a second child each judging by the flow of different males they bring home recently.

Or maybe they are getting them to do some jobs around the house?
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2015, 12:37   #1738
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
In a manner of speaking
Old 24-07-2015, 12:59   #1739
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
2 single mums near us have just been referred to slimming and keep fit classes to prepare them both for work. Both have a child each of around 5 years of age.

They appear to be trying for a second child each judging by the flow of different males they bring home recently.

I'm sure their decision has nothing whatsoever to do with continuing a life on benefits and a convenient reason for not working. Possibly they're just supplementing their meagre state income and paying any tax due of course...

Not a million miles from here we have a couple of large families in a HA owned development. I've lost count of how many kids they have between them but none of those who've left school appear to be working and most of them seem to have already followed their parents' example and wasted no time producing their own offspring. Given that they struggle to look after themselves their only ambition, if you can call it that, appears to be having kids to get benefits and ultimately more social housing. I wonder what their children will aspire to...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2015, 15:27   #1740
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Why not just leave them to get on with their lives and we get on with ours?

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote