Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The state benefits system mega-thread.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

The state benefits system mega-thread.

Old 05-07-2015, 12:24   #1666
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Re: The state benefits system mega-thread. Many merged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
if you shop at tesco you can't afford to give anything away
LOL I thought that was Aldi and Lidl
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2015, 15:33   #1667
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
LOL I thought that was Aldi and Lidl
i mean because tesco is expensive -and i do shop at aldi
Old 05-07-2015, 15:50   #1668
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
i mean because tesco is expensive
Don't they do the cheap plain stripey stuff anymore?

Quote:
and i do shop at aldi
I don't suppose you've noticed that the noodles you add hot water to are gooey mush now compared to before?
Old 05-07-2015, 16:01   #1669
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:

I don't suppose you've noticed that the noodles you add hot water to are gooey mush now compared to before?
The Lidl ones are OK.

Over 50% of the population are on some kind of state benefit. Perhaps if that was substantially reduced then those who really need it might not feel the pinch so much.
Old 05-07-2015, 16:10   #1670
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
The Lidl ones are OK.
The Aldi ones were perfect. then all of a sudden when you do them now they just end up as gooey mush.

Quote:
Over 50% of the population are on some kind of state benefit. Perhaps if that was substantially reduced then those who really need it might not feel the pinch so much.
What the noodles?
10p would be good.
Old 05-07-2015, 16:14   #1671
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

[QUOTE=Gary L;35786796]The Aldi ones were perfect. then all of a sudden when you do them now they just end up as gooey mush.

maybe its bad water or operator error
Old 05-07-2015, 16:22   #1672
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Quote:
maybe its bad water or operator error
The same 300ml of boiling water and a microwave.

You've got me thinking now though because I always used to do them in a pastic measuring jug. and I use a glass one now. I checked that 300ml is the same on both. they are.

so it could be the glass that's making them gooey!
Old 05-07-2015, 16:26   #1673
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Quote:
The same 300ml of boiling water and a microwave.

You've got me thinking now though because I always used to do them in a pastic measuring jug. and I use a glass one now. I checked that 300ml is the same on both. they are.

so it could be the glass that's making them gooey!
maybe the mains power is now slightly higher or lower and you are overcooking/under-cooking them in the microwave
Old 05-07-2015, 16:35   #1674
Gary L
cf.mega poster

I'll try with the plastic before I get my multimeter and hammer out
Old 05-07-2015, 16:35   #1675
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

what do we think will happen this week then?? 24k maximum a year for benefits. tax credits completely changed apparently!
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 16:37   #1676
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
what do we think will happen this week then?? 24k maximum a year for benefits. tax credits completely changed apparently!
Well within 72 hours some will know their fate that's for sure.
Old 05-07-2015, 17:04   #1677
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well within 72 hours some will know their fate that's for sure.
what are your predictions den?? i always see articles with tax credits at the top in terms of most money spent on "unprotected" benefits since child benefit and some others seem safe
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 17:09   #1678
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Tax credits will be hit massively that's for sure , the housing benefit cap will come down , some sickness/disabled benefits are likely to be hit as well , inheritance tax will be raised and probably there are quite a few other things in the mix as well Vince.
Old 05-07-2015, 17:16   #1679
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

As I understand the thrust is to make employers pay better wages so that the state doesn't need to supplement them with expensive benefits. What's the problem with that?

Making the poor pay taxes so the state then gives them back the money they should have kept in the first place is just daft. Get the state off the peoples backs.
Old 05-07-2015, 19:01   #1680
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
As I understand the thrust is to make employers pay better wages so that the state doesn't need to supplement them with expensive benefits. What's the problem with that?

Making the poor pay taxes so the state then gives them back the money they should have kept in the first place is just daft. Get the state off the peoples backs.
Totally agree ,the main problem with tax credits though is the potential debt they can leave already hard up families ,the whole tax credit system needs abolishing or changing completely ,scrapping the minimum wage in favour of a living wage would be good though