Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 11-03-2018, 00:27   #5026
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
2049?
ta, corrected, not sure what happened there!
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-03-2018, 00:47   #5027
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by admars View Post
not sure what happened there!
you watched the wrong film. If you had watched Blade Runner 2049 you would have thought it was fantastic and a beautiful scifi spectacle.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 03:40   #5028
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

I watched a film called "Call me by your name" with my son. Apparently its been well received but i found it rather boring in parts.

5/10.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:03   #5029
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

10 Cloverfield Lane 9/10

Claustrophobic Armageddon type science fiction film, John Goodman plays an excellent character.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 10:46   #5030
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
i found it rather boring in parts.
yeah, it would be a nice place to go for a long weekend on hols but that is it
Old 12-03-2018, 21:20   #5031
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Watched The Last Jedi yesterday. Bitterly disappointed, reminded me of how crap The Phantom Menace was and for me this was the 2nd worse in the series of SW films. 4/10
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 03:49   #5032
alanbjames
R.I.P.

alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

Just watched Spiderman Homecoming.

I think its one of the better Spidermans but i think it could have had more action in it.
8/10.
Old 13-03-2018, 17:51   #5033
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferret View Post
Watched The Last Jedi yesterday. Bitterly disappointed, reminded me of how crap The Phantom Menace was and for me this was the 2nd worse in the series of SW films. 4/10
I completely agree. The critics think the Asian girl is fantastic and love here character and keep going on and on about her she and she was one of the biggest gripes I had with it. She is the new Jar Jar Binks as far as I am concerned and I don't see how anyone can say different.
Old 14-03-2018, 10:46   #5034
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

The Last Jedi - 4/10 - Too many things just wrong with it.

I wished they just left the original trilogy alone. I did knock off 1 point for The Last Jedi for making me feel old.
Old 14-03-2018, 21:34   #5035
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Watched the new Murder on the Orient Express today, what an horrific film. They had Poirot chasing people and rugby tackling them to the ground etc. Poirot was never about physical fights, it was all mind work. They have done the same here than what Hollywood did with the Sherlock Holmes films and glorify violence and fighting and its just ruined the whole thing.

3/10.
Old 15-03-2018, 23:25   #5036
General Maximus
Ran Away

Tomb Raider (2018): 5/10

This is a hard one because it falls smack in the middle; it isn't bad but it isn't good either. It is a good origin film and very much like Batman Begins where you can tell it is setting itself up for a trilogy. The film was very well paced and spent enough time showing us her roots before getting into the story and the tomb raider/actionness and I thought the balance was spot on. The problem is that the story and especially the acting across the board was just very weak and lacking. There were certain scenes between Lara and her father where you expect certain things to be said and it to go on for a couple of minutes but all of a sudden it is over so they can move on to the next part of the story.

I love Alicia Vikander so I am going to say this is on par with Geo Storm but one better because she is in it.
Old 22-03-2018, 23:22   #5037
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
I last watched BLUE STREAK (1999) on VHS

The Copy I have is a preview of the movie.... It was recorded IN A MOVIE THEATHER and to be honest is the nicest copy of this movie I have ever seen! (Its a little dark but thats cause of how they had the camera pointed towards the screen)
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2018, 23:47   #5038
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Tomb Raider (2018): 5/10

This is a hard one because it falls smack in the middle; it isn't bad but it isn't good either. It is a good origin film and very much like Batman Begins where you can tell it is setting itself up for a trilogy. The film was very well paced and spent enough time showing us her roots before getting into the story and the tomb raider/actionness and I thought the balance was spot on. The problem is that the story and especially the acting across the board was just very weak and lacking. There were certain scenes between Lara and her father where you expect certain things to be said and it to go on for a couple of minutes but all of a sudden it is over so they can move on to the next part of the story.

I love Alicia Vikander so I am going to say this is on par with Geo Storm but one better because she is in it.
I'm still curious to see this, as I love Alicia Vikander, I love the games (especially the last two) and i even enjoyed the Angelina Jolie Tomb Raider movies (which where essentially Indiana Jones movies with Angelina Jolie replacing Harrison Ford).

The last film I saw was Red Sparrow. I'd give this a 5.5 or a 6. It's an OK film, but it doesn't seem to know whether it wants to be a James Bond style action spy movie or a Frederick Forsyth style spy thriller. As such, it doesn't do either well. It's a shame, as the performances are generally excellent. In fact only a couple of things let the performances down. First, Joel Egerton and Jennifer Lawrence have no chemistry (on the contrary, they seem to hate each other. Second, Jennifer Lawrence's Russian accent sounds like the ones Spitting Image used to use for their Russian characters. This is highlighted by the fact that the three actors who play russian characters most with her, Joely Richardson, Charlotte Rampling and Jeremy Irons all do excellent Russian accents.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2018, 00:50   #5039
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I last watched BLUE STREAK (1999) on VHS

The Copy I have is a preview of the movie.... It was recorded IN A MOVIE THEATHER and to be honest is the nicest copy of this movie I have ever seen! (Its a little dark but thats cause of how they had the camera pointed towards the screen)
Wait, what?

You watched a bootleg copy of a film from 19 years ago on bus and think it's the best version you be seen??

Are you on the wind up ?
Old 23-03-2018, 10:01   #5040
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
I'm still curious to see this, as I love Alicia Vikander, I love the games (especially the last two) and i even enjoyed the Angelina Jolie Tomb Raider movies (which where essentially Indiana Jones movies with Angelina Jolie replacing Harrison Ford).

The last film I saw was Red Sparrow. I'd give this a 5.5 or a 6. It's an OK film, but it doesn't seem to know whether it wants to be a James Bond style action spy movie or a Frederick Forsyth style spy thriller. As such, it doesn't do either well. It's a shame, as the performances are generally excellent. In fact only a couple of things let the performances down. First, Joel Egerton and Jennifer Lawrence have no chemistry (on the contrary, they seem to hate each other. Second, Jennifer Lawrence's Russian accent sounds like the ones Spitting Image used to use for their Russian characters. This is highlighted by the fact that the three actors who play russian characters most with her, Joely Richardson, Charlotte Rampling and Jeremy Irons all do excellent Russian accents.
I find J Law massively overrated personally.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote