Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Post-Brexit Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Post-Brexit Thread
Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 10:58   #3751
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Brexit is going to happen Mr K so you better get used to it but that does not mean that one cannot have rational and constructive opinions on it whether some on this forum like it or not.
Old 11-01-2017, 12:00   #3752
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Yes "we're" do.

I'm not wrong, they didn't commit ground forces In Iraq. They, along with pretty much every other European NATO nation, don't pull their weight or pay their way.

They haven't earned No.2 slot. Simple.
You said that they'd not "actually joined in with a foreign conflict in the last 15 years or so".

They have - so your statement is wrong.

Whether they have earned the No. 2 slot is a different matter.
Old 11-01-2017, 15:23   #3753
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
They have - so your statement is wrong
Come on old chap, don't be squabblesome
Old 11-01-2017, 15:42   #3754
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post

Doubt it will really change anything though. MPs are too scared of their seats to vote for the good of the country.
Or perhaps they are scared of what the ramifications could be if MPs ignore Democracy and most importantly, they are voting for the good of the Country because we will be better out and I mean out completely.
Old 11-01-2017, 16:25   #3755
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Staying in the EU is far from risk/cost free but you'd never think that based on all the one way rhetoric emanating from many on the remain side. I really could understand it if the EU was a haven of social stability, widespread economic growth and harmonious inter-state relationships but since when was it that and what are its long term prospects?

Furthermore we ought to expect a whole load of mind games from those we're going to be negotiating with and it strikes me as odd that some people seem willing to accept almost without question all the warnings, threats and otherwise from an institution which clearly doesn't want the UK to leave and has a vested interest in predicting the most dire consequences in an effort to weaken the UK's bargaining position. When all said and done the UK is, IIRC, the EU's second largest net contributor yet you'd often think it was the other way round...

Last edited by Osem; 11-01-2017 at 16:44.
Old 11-01-2017, 17:27   #3756
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Brexit latest: Europe more at risk from hard financial Brexit than UK, says Mark Carney

The European Union is at greater risk than the UK if the two parties are unable to agree a financial transition phase for the City of London after Brexit in 2019, the Governor of the Bank of England, Mark Carney, has warned.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...-a7521861.html
Old 11-01-2017, 18:18   #3757
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
Brexit latest: Europe more at risk from hard financial Brexit than UK, says Mark Carney

The European Union is at greater risk than the UK if the two parties are unable to agree a financial transition phase for the City of London after Brexit in 2019, the Governor of the Bank of England, Mark Carney, has warned.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...-a7521861.html
But I thought he was a useless Bremoaner who should be fired?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 11-01-2017, 18:39   #3758
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Law of averages means he's got to get the odd thing right now and then
Old 11-01-2017, 18:41   #3759
RizzyKing

I think it's time everyone understood that hard brexit is what we will have the exit process basically gaurantees it and purposely so to try and prevent members from leaving. There is not going to be any deal on access to the single market despite what some might hope and while there are a plethora of doom and gloom predictions especially about the financial sector the freedom the UK will have to make the UK an attractive place greatly increase.

There is no easy all skipping off into the future with this short term things will get difficult and have a cost to many of us but it is a price worth paying ultimately for the ability to adapt our nation to the entire world not just EU member states. For me and for a lot of others i know the referendum was not about me it was my belief in what will be better for my kids and grandkids and nothing has changed since i cast my vote. If the national division this has created was the only issue being honest I'd change my vote as i never wanted to damage my country but it isn't the only or even main issue.

It is funny how after we vote to leave all the growing problems within the EU have been forgotten and we'd be forgiven for thinking that the EU is this fantastic trouble free harmonious entity that you'd have to mentally ill to want to leave. It wasn't and it isn't and there are just as many experts that are pessimistic about the future of the EU as there are about brexit. Brexit is a complete unknown it's never happened before and no one knows anything for certain and over the last few months when I've had the chance to speak to various people that would qualify as experts they pretty much all agree that things are entering a period of great uncertainty.

Old 11-01-2017, 18:46   #3760
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Well at least someone has finally accepted it.

Quote:
Philip Hammond today admitted that he had finally come to terms with the public’s decision to back Brexit despite his previous warnings about leaving the EU.

In a significant shift in tone, the Chancellor urged fellow Remain supporters to accept the result and focus on achieving a strong divorce deal with Brussels.

Mr Hammond, who has attracted criticism for his gloomy tone in the aftermath of the referendum, said that his position had ‘moved on’ after once claiming that Brexit would leave Britain poorer.

‘The referendum decision is irreversible,’ he said. ‘People like me who believed that it was better to remain inside the EU and to campaign for reform within, have moved on.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti..._campaign=1490
Old 11-01-2017, 18:49   #3761
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
Brexit is a complete unknown it's never happened before and no one knows anything for certain and over the last few months when I've had the chance to speak to various people that would qualify as experts they pretty much all agree that things are entering a period of great uncertainty.
Stay strong Rizzy. Even an uncertain freedom is preferable to a certain death .
Quote:

‘People like me who believed that it was better to remain inside the EU and to campaign for reform within, were wrong'.
Fixed to what he really wanted to say
Old 11-01-2017, 19:10   #3762
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Yes our reliable Papa seems to have developed a bit of convenient memory loss.
Old 11-01-2017, 19:10   #3763
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
Stay strong Rizzy. Even an uncertain freedom is preferable to a certain death .

Fixed to what he really wanted to say
A reminder of something Mick posted yesterday

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...7#post35879867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Member Quotes : From today, I do not want to be seeing any body misquoting another forum member. This means, changing someones original quote and making it in to something else entirely, this means adding words or sentences that was not originally said. It could be considered Provocation and provoking other members, is not permitted as per the sites terms of use.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 11-01-2017, 19:11   #3764
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Maybe he woke up and smelled the coffee?
Old 11-01-2017, 19:11   #3765
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
Law of averages means he's got to get the odd thing right now and then
My my old boy you seem to be following Papa in developing convenient memory loss as well but l forgive you.