Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Royal Institution’s Christmas Lectures 2010

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Royal Institution’s Christmas Lectures 2010

Old 22-12-2010, 22:06   #1
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!
Thumbs up The Royal Institution’s Christmas Lectures 2010

Just a heads up in case any of you are intrested:

Quote:
The lecture series, called Size Matters, will air on BBC Four in late December.

The King’s College London scientist will explore the peculiar living and non-living matter that makes up the universe and will ask the eternal question - does size matter? Mark will explain how hamsters can survive falling from an aircraft without a parachute, why our planet is so puny, and explain the extraordinary hidden powers of human hair.
Commenting on the announcement, Professor Chris Bishop from Microsoft Research, who presented the 2008 Christmas Lectures, said: “The Royal Institution Christmas Lectures have inspired generations of young people to become scientists. Microsoft Research is pleased once again to be sponsoring the Lectures, and is delighted at the plans to expand the profile and impact of the lectures this year.”
RICL 2010 Link
Advertisement
Old 22-12-2010, 23:36   #2
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: The Royal Institution’s Christmas Lectures 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSainsbury View Post
Just a heads up in case any of you are intrested:

RICL 2010 Link
blimey are these things still going on ,i remember watching these when i was younger ,isn't this where Prof Heinz Wolf made his name

I might give this one a watch it looks interesting ..cheers lee
Old 22-12-2010, 23:58   #3
gazfan

Services: Virgin XL

I remember being in the audience for one while I was at school - prolly wasn't televised then, but it was brilliant watching the demos during the lecture - liquid gases figured a lot IIRC - liquid oxygen burning iron filings & liquid nitrogen turning a soft plastic ball into something that could be shattered into pieces by a blow from an hammer ...
Old 23-12-2010, 01:02   #4
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star

good call. thanks Lee. always enjoyed these. hopefully my daughter will too.
Old 23-12-2010, 02:59   #5
Caff
I'm a geek???

Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze
Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze

A great programme/series.
Makes me feel like I'm back in uni with a decent prof
Good jog

---------- Post added at 02:59 ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazfan View Post
I remember being in the audience for one while I was at school - prolly wasn't televised then, but it was brilliant watching the demos during the lecture - liquid gases figured a lot IIRC - liquid oxygen burning iron filings & liquid nitrogen turning a soft plastic ball into something that could be shattered into pieces by a blow from an hammer ...
I liked the old urine test one