Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Caprica : Season 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Caprica : Season 1

Old 22-02-2010, 14:01   #1
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Caprica : Season 1

Specifically, what's goin' on with the Adamas? I can understand that Joseph is hurting after losing his daughter - twice, in a sense - but sending Sam to "balance it out" by killing Amanda? This is the man who was father to Admiral William Adama? What are they playing at?

But the evolution of the Cylons makes so much sense now; that plot line is absolutely spot-on. We can now see where they got their start, and their religion - and their resentment for mankind. Zoe has now heard her own mother describe her as a terrorist, and even her father is starting to doubt. Even if she weren't dead, that would surely have hurt her beyond measure when she was already hurting - it's clear she was very much her daddy's girl. And who said she was sleeping with Ben? Amanda's rather jumping to conclusions there.
Her "mistreatment" by the lab tech didn't help, either (though to be fair he couldn't possibly have known the U-87 had a real personality trapped inside it). They should have got a clue that something weird was going on when they saw the U-87 apparently trying to escape. Didn't they tell Daniel?

The whole thing is fascinating. What was Zoe intending to do on Geminon? Why go there, of all the Twelve Worlds? What was her intent in creating an avatar of herself, and how do the Soldiers of the One know about it?

And what do they intend to use it (her?) for?

Can't wait!
Advertisement
Old 22-02-2010, 15:45   #2
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Re: Caprica: Season 1

Moved to 'TV Shows', added required prefix, designated as 'Season 1'.
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 16:03   #3
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Its been a bit slow after the initial pilot, but so far Im sticking with it. I think Amanda was very stupid for telling everyone on public tv that her daughter was a terrorist, when she had no actual evidence.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 17:04   #4
zing_deleted

ive given up on it myself the pilot was ok but didnt see it going anywhere TBH
Old 22-02-2010, 17:25   #5
NoKnowledge
Inactive

NoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond repute

I too am thinking of giving up, there is no razzmatazz, the first episode was good with the explosion but keep thinking it's gonna get better.

Did get a shock to find Josephs brother Sam is gay, a big gangster like him.
NoKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 18:22   #6
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Really enjoying it so far.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 22:07   #7
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

tbh the only reason I'm still watching it is the BSG connection. If it weren't for that, I probably would have ditched it already.

I think it's probably likely to be cancelled anyway, given its rather poor ratings.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 22:54   #8
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Services: WNYC
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age

Have to say i'm loveing this show hope it gets more tham 1 season
sir_drinks_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2010, 19:25   #9
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Services: WNYC
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
Re: Caprica : Season 1

The show seems very scitsafrinic to me i mean one week it's very fast paced and engaging a Show drews you in and makes you care about what's going on. than the next it's slow and Unintrasting to point where you are wishing the episode would end i hope it makes up it's mind Soon as there is potential for Caprica to be as good as BSG.
sir_drinks_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2010, 19:43   #10
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Sigh..i like it as I thought Zoe is tasty...must be my taste, or..not seeing the gf for awhile

Not sure about story...lacks pace, actors seem a bit wooden...story has potential, but seems a bit disjointed, as if it is being made for some other purpose than to tell a story

Never watched much of battlestar galactica, except a few of the original series..hmm...i think i watched it for the babes too..I'm starting to see a pattern here...maybe i just like bad tv
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2010, 10:31   #11
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

It seems not only was "All Along the Watchtower" embedded in our racial memory from 150,000 years ago, so was the design for the Morris Minor Traveller....

From last night's "Caprica" on Sky1, about 12:40 in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg capricamoggietraveller.jpg (104.4 KB, 13 views)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2010, 13:21   #12
Flyboy
Inactive

Flyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful one

There was one also that got blown up in the explosion in "Gravedancing." I am enjoying seeing the dichotomy of retro' design and future technologies. I spotted a Citroen DS9 early on in the series and in BSG too.

I am particularly enjoying the cultural subtleties and how they relate to our own philosophies, inclinations and dispositions. To readily accept polygamous marriages and same sex relationships, in our society, as readily as in the "Caprica" universe, would be hard to imagine. However, this is where I fall down on the BSG connection; there seemed to be little evidence of these cultural indicators in the recent series. Personally, I would rather view "Caprica" as a stand alone drama series for now, than to directly link it to "Battlestar Galactica," for the time being. If all those who are perceiving the series from a negative perspective, looked upon it as such, perhaps it wouldn't attract as much criticism. I must admit, however, I am only up to episode four, so will reserve any judgement until I have watched enough to form a concrete opinion.
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2010, 17:59   #13
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

From the closed thread:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/23...l#post34989940

(technically alferret's post would belong in a "US timeline" thread... but we don't actually have one running, & Sky One will be up to date as of tomorrow night anyway... but until then please can no one go posting any "US timeline" spoilers in this thread, even if tagged).

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferret View Post
Well it lasted 9 episodes and each one was like walking through treacle. I wont add any spoilers for those still watching but suffice to say I would be extremely supprised to see this pick up for another shot. It truely was dire to the extreme, they could have done so much with the cylon back story but don so little.
That wasn't the end of the season, just the end of the first half. The second half of season 1 starts in September on Syfy, with 11 episodes (Syfy like to have massive mid-season breaks for some reason).

No word yet whether it will get a second season or not... it may depend on how well season 1 part 2 does (part 1 had awful ratings). But the network have said they stand by it & have faith in it.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2010, 21:10   #14
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

My bad

I wasnt sure that it was a break seeing as viewing figures were not what was expected and didnt it already have a break after the first few episodes IIRC (US timeline). So that would make it 2 breaks.
Still personally I feel Syfy would be wasting their money if they continue along the same production style. Story lines seem poor and really unimaginative and very, very slow. I really wanted this to work as I am a big fan of BSG but IMO it was a wasted opportunity.
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 21:05   #15
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Well, I am in the process of watching this. I am thoroughly enjoying it. But then, I wasn't a massive fan of BSG for reasons I have gone into quite a bit on these forums. The characters in this series seem better defined and more believable (with the exception of the Taurons, who all seem a little like cliched Godfather rejects).
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote