Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Caprica : Season 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Caprica : Season 1

Old 08-08-2010, 21:16   #16
Flyboy
Inactive

Flyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful one
Re: Caprica : Season 1

I think they are depicted more as Eastern European/Slavick, with a touch of Italian, Greek and Russian Jewish.
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-10-2010, 23:48   #17
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Caprica is dead...

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/10/...ncels-caprica/

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ausiello Files
Caprica is toast. Syfy has announced that the Battlestar Galactica prequel has been canceled.

“The remaining first run episodes of Caprica – airing Tuesdays at 10/9c – will be removed from the schedule as of next Tuesday, November 2,” said the network in a statement. “These final five episodes of the season will be re-scheduled to air at a to be announced time in the first quarter of 2011, and will conclude the run of the series.”

“We appreciate all the support that fans have shown for ‘Caprica’ and are very proud of the producers, cast, writers and the rest of the amazing team that has been committed to this fine series,“ said Mark Stern, Executive Vice President of Original Programming, Syfy and Co-Head of Content for Universal Cable Productions. “Unfortunately, despite its obvious quality, ‘Caprica’ has not been able to build the audience necessary to justify a second season.”
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2010, 02:04   #18
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

No surprise at all. Its totally boring.

They had the chance to do a good prequal on the origin of the cylons, and messed it up completely.

Quite funny that we have to wait for the "Final Five" again ...

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2010, 08:19   #19
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
“Unfortunately, despite its obvious quality..."
I must have blinked and missed that (or fallen asleep) - I gave up after 6 episodes.
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:59   #20
watzizname
Inactive

Services: XL 60/3
watzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to all

Well, i watched the pilot, and have downloaded all the episodes, but given the strength of what i saw, haven't bothered watching any of them, as i figured there was a fair chance they'd ditch it early on.. unhappy to see i was right..

This on the other hand sounds more promising than Caprica, but given this channels history, i'll most likely be waiting to see if it runs it's course, provided it even gets off the drawing board, before i invest any of my time watching it..

Quote:
SYFY GREENLIGHTS BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: BLOOD & CHROME

2-Hour Pilot Chronicles Young William Adama's Adventures in First Cylon War

NEW YORK - October 22, 2010 - Syfy is readying an exciting all-new chapter in the Battlestar Galactica saga with a greenlight for Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome from Executive Producer David Eick, it was announced today by Mark Stern, Executive Vice President of Original Programming, Syfy and Co-Head of Content for Universal Cable Productions. Universal Cable Productions will produce the 2-hour pilot with Syfy utilizing cutting edge CGI and virtual technology.

Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome takes place in the 10th year of the first Cylon war. As the battle between humans and their creation, a sentient robotic race, rages across the 12 colonial worlds, a brash rookie viper pilot enters the fray. Ensign William Adama, barely in his 20's and a recent Academy graduate, finds himself assigned to the newest battlestar in the Colonial fleet.. the Galactica. The talented but hot-headed risk-taker soon finds himself leading a dangerous top secret mission that, if successful, will turn the tide of the decade long war in favor of the desperate fleet.

"The 'Galactica' universe as re-imagined by Ron Moore and David Eick is rich with possibilities and backstory," said Mark Stern. "We jumped at the chance to revisit the William Adama character and explore this exciting chapter in the BSG narrative which falls between the events of the original series and the prequel, 'Caprica,' currently airing on Syfy."

"While maintaining the themes of politics, social propaganda, and the timeless question: what does it mean to be human? - 'Blood & Chrome' will also return us to the authentic, relentless depiction of combat and the agony and ecstasy of human-Cylon war, which was the hallmark of 'Battlestar Galactica's' early seasons," said David Eick.

Michael Taylor wrote the teleplay from a story by Eick, Taylor and Bradley Thompson & David Weddle.
watzizname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 23:24   #21
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

[Ahem..."Canadian Timeline" for this post. Don't see the point in starting a whole new thread now. I won't spoil anything though.]

So... for some reason, ever since Caprica was officially cancelled, each episode got better & better, week by week, until this week's season - and series - finale, "Apotheosis"...which was FRAKKING EXCELLENT

If anyone gave up on it earlier in the season - Get back into it.

If anyone was originally watching it on Sky 1 & is now enduring the long wait for Sky to show the rest of season 1 (which AFAIK still has no date scheduled at all) - Screw waiting.

Seriously.

I had my doubts about the show all through the season, due to the pacing, and due to certain storylines I didn't at the time see the need of, and, tbh, due to it not being the same as BSG, but...

... in its death throes, it pulled itself together, and kicked ass.

I'd previously told myself that I was only sticking with it due to the BSG connection, & that it was something I would not bother watching again - especially once the cancellation news came through. Yet now having seen season 1 in its entirety, and having seen the shape of things to come, this really did become an excellent series, and a worthy prequel to BSG, something I would definitely watch again if having a full-on BSG-a-thon.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:05   #22
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Hmm, I havent even noticed the other eps knocking about. Guess I need to go looking.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:20   #23
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Yup. Although Syfy US pulled it from the schedules as soon as it cancelled it (with the remaining episodes due to air all on one day in the new year), a Canadian channel called "Space" carried on airing it each week, all the way to this week's season & series finale.