Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S President: Donald Trump

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

U.S President: Donald Trump
Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 06:35   #1141
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Obama failed to carry out his 'red line' threat.

---------- Post added at 23:36 ---------- Previous post was at 23:31 ----------

They have a disagreement on a single policy; get real for goodness sake! A job awaits both of you at CNN.
Obama followed Trumps advice if you want to be picky .Trump has done a complete 180 on Syria which is reason enough to suggest that he used the chemical attack to deflect from his problems at home and try to increase his popularity.

Advertisement
Old 08-04-2017, 07:53   #1142
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Trump has done a u-turn over his previous isolationist, stay of Syria and don't provoke Russia policy but we should welcome it. There is only so much we should tolerate and gas attacks are a step too far.
Old 08-04-2017, 08:11   #1143
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
Trump has done a complete 180 on Syria which is reason enough to suggest that he used the chemical attack to deflect from his problems at home and try to increase his popularity.

Nonsense. Have you never changed your mind when confronted by stark reality?
Old 08-04-2017, 08:19   #1144
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

I don't see this as a change of 'policy' or 'direction', I see it as one response to one situation. The rest remains to be seen.
Old 08-04-2017, 08:37   #1145
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Obama failed to carry out his 'red line' threat.

---------- Post added at 23:36 ---------- Previous post was at 23:31 ----------

They have a disagreement on a single policy; get real for goodness sake! A job awaits both of you at CNN.
Because Obama went for Congressional approval, and was told he wouldn't get it.

Trump didn't go to Congress.

---------- Post added at 08:31 ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 ----------

Quote:
So, Trump was wrong when he criticised Obama for wanting to bomb Syria, then, in response to chemical weapons use?

---------- Post added at 08:37 ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Nice try but Obamacare is not successful, as already pointed out several times.

As for the rest of your post. Obama did not need Congressional approval to begin with, back in 2013, after Assad first used chemical weapons against his own people, he could have gone down the route Trump just has by going down the War Powers Resolution Act of 1973, which so long as the current sitting President notifies congress of his committed military action within 48 hours, the President does not need Congressional Authorization.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Powers_Resolution

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_S...missile_strike

The bottom line is as history recalls, In 2012, Obama drew a line warning Assad of using chemical weapons, Assad crossed it, with a chemical attack in 2013 and Obama, the US and pretty much the rest of the world did nothing, including ourselves.
You keep repeating anecdotal evidence from your US friends is not the same thing as showing a number of times that Obamacare was not successful.

I have quite a lot of American friends, and my brother-in-law has lived there for the past 5-6 years, and he and a majority of his friends (and quite a lot of my US friends) think it is a success, because 10 million more people are covered.

They explain the price rises as normal (as I showed earlier for the bush Presidency), and whilst our anecdotal evidence is personal experience, 10 million additional people covered is cold hard fact.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:19   #1146
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Obama followed Trumps advice if you want to be picky .Trump has done a complete 180 on Syria which is reason enough to suggest that he used the chemical attack to deflect from his problems at home and try to increase his popularity.
LOL. Obama did NOT follow citizen Trump's advice at all, that is just plain daft but not surprising coming from you and btw he has no problems at home. Supreme Court pick now confirmed.

You know, I find it reprehensible that there is still people like you, who it does not matter that an evil ass dictator, gassed his own people, but not just people, children and babies, it was only the other day you was moaning Trump had no plan and now he had a plan all along and just did not broadcast it, followed his plan and took decisive action fast and you're still whinging, damned if he did nothing, but still damned now he has done something, because the crux of your problem is, that it's still Trump.

You know, even Mr K and Damien are honest enough to admit that what Trump did was welcomed, but oh no, not narrow minded martyh and to some degree, I have to include Hugh also here.

---------- Post added at 11:19 ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Because Obama went for Congressional approval, and was told he wouldn't get it.

Trump didn't go to Congress.
As pointed out above. Obama did not need to and nor did Trump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh
You keep repeating anecdotal evidence from your US friends is not the same thing as showing a number of times that Obamacare was not successful.
Nothing anecdotal about it and I will keep on saying it, Obamacare is not successful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh
I have quite a lot of American friends, and my brother-in-law has lived there for the past 5-6 years, and he and a majority of his friends (and quite a lot of my US friends) think it is a success, because 10 million more people are covered.

They explain the price rises as normal (as I showed earlier for the bush Presidency), and whilst our anecdotal evidence is personal experience, 10 million additional people covered is cold hard fact.
I could not careless if one billion additional people were covered, Obamacare is still not successful. You really think a system that puts profit first before wellbeing, is still good?

And there is nothing 'normal' about big massive rises. I don't think so.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:25   #1147
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
As for the rest of your post. Obama did not need Congressional approval to begin with, back in 2013, after Assad first used chemical weapons against his own people, he could have gone down the route Trump just has by going down the War Powers Resolution Act of 1973, which so long as the current sitting President notifies congress of his committed military action within 48 hours, the President does not need Congressional Authorization.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Powers_Resolution

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_S...missile_strike

The bottom line is as history recalls, In 2012, Obama drew a line warning Assad of using chemical weapons, Assad crossed it, with a chemical attack in 2013 and Obama, the US and pretty much the rest of the world did nothing, including ourselves.
Thanks, Mick. I wonder why Obama didn't go down Trump's route and I genuinely don't know the answer to that question.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:47   #1148
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Thanks, Mick. I wonder why Obama didn't go down Trump's route and I genuinely don't know the answer to that question.
I do, Obama tried to get International back up, he asked us but there just was not enough appetite at the time and our parliament voted military action down, remember Daves response, 'I get that and the government will act accordingly.'

It was at a time when people were still reeling about the illegal Iraq war. I don't think Obama wanted to be seen to go to war with Assad and or provoke the Russians alone. In all honesty I just don't think he had the balls because you can't draw a line and then not act when it is crossed and I really don't think he did not act because he was more concerned with what billionaire citizen Trump was saying on Twitter at the time.
Old 08-04-2017, 18:08   #1149
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
LOL. Obama did NOT follow citizen Trump's advice at all, that is just plain daft but not surprising coming from you and btw he has no problems at home. Supreme Court pick now confirmed.

You know, I find it reprehensible that there is still people like you, who it does not matter that an evil ass dictator, gassed his own people, but not just people, children and babies, it was only the other day you was moaning Trump had no plan and now he had a plan all along and just did not broadcast it, followed his plan and took decisive action fast and you're still whinging, damned if he did nothing, but still damned now he has done something, because the crux of your problem is, that it's still Trump.

You know, even Mr K and Damien are honest enough to admit that what Trump did was welcomed, but oh no, not narrow minded martyh and to some degree, I have to include Hugh also here.

You know Mick if you actually ever bothered reading a post properly you would have a bit more respect in this forum.I have not said if i approve or not with Trumps actions SO STOP JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS.Trump repeatedly Twitted that Obama should not get involved in Syria after the last gas attack ,He didn't think it right that America got involved after the last gas attack so what has changed ?

I wouldn't trust trump to do what was right ,i only trust him to what is right for him

---------- Post added at 17:26 ---------- Previous post was at 17:24 ----------

Quote:
So after the last gas attack why was he so adamant that the USA shouldn't get involved ?

For the record he should have changed his mind i have no problem with that it's his motives i don't trust

---------- Post added at 17:28 ---------- Previous post was at 17:26 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
There is only so much we should tolerate and gas attacks are a step too far.
Yes they are i agree so why was Trump so adamant that the USA shouldn't get involved after the last gas attack?

---------- Post added at 17:31 ---------- Previous post was at 17:28 ----------

Quote:

Nothing anecdotal about it and I will keep on saying it, Obamacare is not successful.

I could not careless if one billion additional people were covered, Obamacare is still not successful. You really think a system that puts profit first before wellbeing, is still good?

And there is nothing 'normal' about big massive rises. I don't think so.
Well that says everything we need to know about you and your disgusting attitude to other people REPREHENSIBLE

---------- Post added at 18:08 ---------- Previous post was at 17:31 ----------

If was at all possible Trump has managed to make matters worse in Syria .He needs to take a backseat he is not experienced enough to deal with the situation

Quote:
Russia has said it is suspending a deal with the US to prevent mid-air collisions over Syria in response to US air strikes on a Syrian air base.

The Russian Foreign Ministry said following Donald Trump's decision to fire 59 cruise missiles at a military target in Syria on Thursday, Moscow was suspending a memorandum with the US that prevented incidents and ensured flight safety.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7671631.html

Last edited by Paul M; 08-04-2017 at 23:11. Reason: Stupid font size, stop being an idiot.

Old 08-04-2017, 19:52   #1150
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
You know Mick if you actually ever bothered reading a post properly you would have a bit more respect in this forum.
I am not here to win friends thanks, I have my own. This is a discussion forum, not a playground. However, for the record. I did read your post properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh
I have not said if i approve or not with Trumps actions SO STOP JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS.Trump repeatedly Twitted that Obama should not get involved in Syria after the last gas attack ,He didn't think it right that America got involved after the last gas attack so what has changed ?
When you come out with crap in your earlier post today, that he used the gas attack on kids to make himself popular, one can only conclude you're being super negative as always and certainly not approving.

Either way, is it not blindingly obvious what's changed since Citizen Trump > President of the United States Trump ?

When he made those comments on twitter in 2013, that was citizen Trump speaking, now that he is the President of the U.S, the spot light is now on him, he is wearing the Leaders shoes, so now he is in a responsible position to act and he said it himself, seeing those images of babies choking, was a sure fire thing that he was not going to make the same mistake Obama made by doing nothing, regardless of the fact Trump had tweeted for him to do nothing in 2013, It was now no longer acceptable to just do nothing. I think you're being really naive if you think Obama took any heed of what Citizen Trump was tweeting.

Quote:
I wouldn't trust trump to do what was right
Well more than half the Worlds leaders disagreed with you and I would say their opinions mattered more, over your negative ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty
Well that says everything we need to know about you and your disgusting attitude to other people
No it doesn't. Well done, you totally misread and took what you bolded of my quote and took it out of context, this cherry pickitis is very contagious with some folk on here.

Quote:
If was at all possible Trump has managed to make matters worse in Syria .He needs to take a backseat he is not experienced enough to deal with the situation
Says the voice of experience. NOT.

Again, half the worlds leaders would say it's you who lacks foreign policy experience, they feel the U.S response was necessary and appropriate.
Old 08-04-2017, 21:35   #1151
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

Well done DT... about time some one took the correct response against Asad.
Old 08-04-2017, 23:12   #1152
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

*sigh* how about everyone stops bickering.

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 09-04-2017, 23:14   #1153
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

IF DT didn't get congress approval for the bombing, then surely he has broken the golden rule.

Yes, what he did was right. BUT, this will provoke an evil war with Russia, China and North Korea.
And DT will want to do it his way.

Even though you are a President, you still have to abide by certain rules.
Old 09-04-2017, 23:32   #1154
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Which golden rule are you on about Arthur?

He didn't need congressional approval, Russia was informed and it has nothing to do with China or North Korea.
Old 09-04-2017, 23:52   #1155
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
IF DT didn't get congress approval for the bombing, then surely he has broken the golden rule.

Yes, what he did was right. BUT, this will provoke an evil war with Russia, China and North Korea.
And DT will want to do it his way.

Even though you are a President, you still have to abide by certain rules.
If you think the US, China, North Korea and Russia are all going to war, you're insane. That comment is up there with the most absurd things you consistently come out with. You also appear to have made the assumption that North Korea and China are somewhat strong allies still, they're not. If North Korea ends up in War, it'll be against China long before the US and that's just for tactical reasons.