Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Call Blockers on landline

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

Call Blockers on landline

Old 12-08-2019, 11:30   #1
martkt10
cf.member

martkt10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Call Blockers on landline

Hello,
Can anyone recommend landline call blockers as we keep getting unwanted calls at least 10-15 per day , and its stressing my aging mother out

Thank you in advance
martkt10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-08-2019, 13:16   #2
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age
Re: Call Blockers on landline

I bought these:

https://www.telephonesonline.co.uk/b...l-blocker.html

You do need caller display enabled on your landline for them to work.
You put all valid phone numbers in the contacts list and they get through right away.
Any other numbers are asked to say who they are and can be rejected without speaking to them.
Automated calls can’t answer so get dropped automatically.
The low price is down to the products being ‘refurbished’ but in my experience are as good as new.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 13:26   #3
martkt10
cf.member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
I bought these:

https://www.telephonesonline.co.uk/b...l-blocker.html

You do need caller display enabled on your landline for them to work.
You put all valid phone numbers in the contacts list and they get through right away.
Any other numbers are asked to say who they are and can be rejected without speaking to them.
Automated calls can’t answer so get dropped automatically.
The low price is down to the products being ‘refurbished’ but in my experience are as good as new.

Nnot being very tech savvy, will these work on a virgin media phone line?
Old 12-08-2019, 13:43   #4
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by martkt10 View Post
Nnot being very tech savvy, will these work on a virgin media phone line?
Yes, they work with any phone line.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 13:45   #5
martkt10
cf.member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Yes, they work with any phone line.
Thank you
Old 12-08-2019, 15:25   #6
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

I use one of these. Banging down on the big red button is very satisfying.

https://www.cprcallblocker.com/

It works with any home phone that has caller display and I can block numbers either by hitting the red button on the machine or by using a code sequence via which ever cordless extension phone I use. Just getting very fed up at the moment with the spam calls that come showing a legitimate UK area code.
Old 12-08-2019, 16:44   #7
martkt10
cf.member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post

It works with any home phone that has caller display and I can block numbers either by hitting the red button on the machine or by using a code sequence via which ever cordless extension phone I use. Just getting very fed up at the moment with the spam calls that come showing a legitimate UK area code.
Would this work from an extension phone
Old 12-08-2019, 21:10   #8
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Hello,
Can anyone recommend landline call blockers as we keep getting unwanted calls at least 10-15 per day , and its stressing my aging mother out

Thank you in advance
Have you considered just changing number ?

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 21:55   #9
joglynne
Born again teenager.

joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Would this work from an extension phone
To install the Call Blocker you have to be able to plug your landline cable into the actual call blocker Then use the cable they supply to daisy chain your phone (Have a look at the video on my link + the guides shown under the Additional Information tab. ) I rarely use that phone so mainly add the nuisance call numbers to the unit by pressing #2 on my cordless extension phones.

The company is really helpful and you can speak to them through my link with any queries both before you buy and also if you have any difficulties setting the unit up. Though it really is as simple as plug and go and with a 45 day money back guarantee and 3 year warranty I felt it was worth getting. Never had any problems since I got mine 2 couple of years ago.
Old 13-08-2019, 09:43   #10
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post

This ...

I nearly bought a call blocker a few years back but then BT started blocking known nuisance callers at source and allowed customers to specify other call types to block (such as number unknown or withheld). It worked brilliantly for around 18 months but now, all the dodgy callers are just spoofing the caller ID so it still rings at our end.

I’m seriously thinking about buying some hardware again.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2019, 11:00   #11
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
This ...

I nearly bought a call blocker a few years back but then BT started blocking known nuisance callers at source and allowed customers to specify other call types to block (such as number unknown or withheld). It worked brilliantly for around 18 months but now, all the dodgy callers are just spoofing the caller ID so it still rings at our end.

I’m seriously thinking about buying some hardware again.
Exactly the reason I bought the phones I described above. No problems now.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2019, 22:27   #12
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Anyone interested in the Call Blocker I linked to may be interested to know that it is being offered to-day on Amazon for £55.24 instead of the normal price of £68.99.

To-days deals on Amazon ... https://www.amazon.co.uk/CPR-Call-Bl...R83RQNRN99Y8H3