Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 15-06-2013, 08:22   #1906
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Sky adds free broadband to sports package as BT battle heats up

Sky has bundled in a free broadband subscription for Sky Sports subscribers to fend off competition from BT.

BT Sport launched a similar package last month that includes access to 38 exclusive Premier League matches per season.

The broadcaster has responded by offering new and existing customers 12 months' free Sky Broadband Unlimited or six months' free Sky Fibre Unlimited when they adopt them as service provider.

Despite analysts predicting a price war between the two companies, both have announced plans to increase their prices, with Sky upping the costs of its TV services on September 1 and BT charging more for line rental.

"Since we launched broadband in 2006, millions of customers have saved money and got a better service by switching to Sky. Now we're making it even more affordable to enjoy totally unlimited broadband, including Britain's best value super-fast connection," said Sky marketing executive Stephen van Rooyen.

Sky Broadband is less than half the price paid by millions of BT customers, who can save up to £200 by switching.

"For sports fans, there is no need to compromise on your TV service. Sky Sports comes not only with an unrivalled range of live action, including more Barclays Premier League than ever, but the best deal for totally unlimited broadband as well."

Sky Sports subscribers can access 116 exclusive live Premier League matches next season.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tech/new...#ixzz2WCsRtarY
This is great news. Does this apply to us exsiting customers and if so does it get put on account automactily?
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-06-2013, 08:42   #1907
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

offering new and existing customers

I'd say so
paultrademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2013, 08:50   #1908
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultrademark View Post
offering new and existing customers

I'd say so
Lets hope so. I hope it gets applied automactiaclly
Old 15-06-2013, 08:51   #1909
Mikey1981
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP 2 V+HD boxes , XL BB, XL Phone and Mobiles x2
Mikey1981 will become famous soon enoughMikey1981 will become famous soon enoughMikey1981 will become famous soon enough

The bt adverts were clear, only way virgin viewer's will get bt sport is with them, unfortunately the ads were too clear, gutted but not swapping my broadband over to them. I'll find other ways to watch. Bt won't last long if this is their plan as people should have a choice who provides their broadband, not be forced to take bt as its the only way to get some games.
Mikey1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2013, 09:01   #1910
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnasimmons View Post
After the newspaper ads by BT this week I get a sinking feeling that VM will not be getting BT Sports...
Sorry John but don't believe everything you see or read.

---------- Post added at 09:01 ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey1981 View Post
The bt adverts were clear, only way virgin viewer's will get bt sport is with them, unfortunately the ads were too clear, gutted but not swapping my broadband over to them. I'll find other ways to watch. Bt won't last long if this is their plan as people should have a choice who provides their broadband, not be forced to take bt as its the only way to get some games.
Companies are very good at making misleading adverts and it seems they have caught that bug from one or two other companies.
Old 15-06-2013, 09:02   #1911
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Sorry John but don't believe everything you see or read.

---------- Post added at 09:01 ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 ----------

Companies are very good at making misleading adverts and it seems they have caught that bug from one or two other companies.
You mean Virgin?
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2013, 09:04   #1912
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
You mean Virgin?
Well done and you did not need three guesses after all my dear chap.
Old 15-06-2013, 09:27   #1913
nstokes
Inactive

Link to Sky Shop about free BB. Nothing about exisiting customers

http://www.sky.com/shop/offers/superfast/sports
Old 15-06-2013, 09:30   #1914
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post

Companies are more interested in new customers rather then existing ones Mr Stokes.
Old 15-06-2013, 12:11   #1915
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnasimmons View Post
After the newspaper ads by BT this week I get a sinking feeling that VM will not be getting BT Sports...
I haven't seen these newspaper ads, can anyone scan one in?
johnasimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2013, 12:20   #1916
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:

I think you might have to take a new 12 month contract to get the deal. I'm trying to connect with a SKY adviser just now, via the SKY website, to clarify the offer. Because I'm on 50% off for a year already, I don't think I'll get any benefit from this new broadband offer.

I'll let you know how I get on however I've been waiting for ages to connect to a SKY adviser,
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2013, 12:29   #1917
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I think you might have to take a new 12 month contract to get the deal. I'm trying to connect with a SKY adviser just now, via the SKY website, to clarify the offer. Because I'm on 50% off for a year already, I don't think I'll get any benefit from this new broadband offer.

I'll let you know how I get on however I've been waiting for ages to connect to a SKY adviser,
Im on free BB for 6 months so im ok at moment but when that runs out i want this offer. Seems a but unfair if new customers only
Old 15-06-2013, 12:36   #1918
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Im on free BB for 6 months so im ok at moment but when that runs out i want this offer. Seems a but unfair if new customers only
Basically anyone who doesn't have SKY Sports, or SKY Unlimited Broadband currently, will get the benefit of this. So if you have SKY Sports and SKY Broadband Unlimited at the moment, you will continue to pay what you do currently.

New customer taking SKY Sports and SKY broadband get the deal. Existing customers who add SKY Sports, or SKY broadband to their existing package also get the deal.

Not really sure how this is SKY's big answer to the BT Sports situation.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2013, 13:08   #1919
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Basically anyone who doesn't have SKY Sports, or SKY Unlimited Broadband currently, will get the benefit of this. So if you have SKY Sports and SKY Broadband Unlimited at the moment, you will continue to pay what you do currently.

New customer taking SKY Sports and SKY broadband get the deal. Existing customers who add SKY Sports, or SKY broadband to their existing package also get the deal.

Not really sure how this is SKY's big answer to the BT Sports situation.
That seems pants. Thast no where near as good as BT's offer as that goes to ALL BB customers. Sky should be passing this deal onto existing as well. What if you cancel Sky Sports then add it again afterwards this is surely upgrading, am i correct?
Old 15-06-2013, 13:10   #1920
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
That seems pants. Thast no where near as good as BT's offer as that goes to ALL BB customers. Sky should be passing this deal onto existing as well. What if you cancel Sky Sports then add it again afterwards this is surely upgrading, am i correct?
I notice that if you take infinity, they are giving you £100 sainsbury cash card (I got the £50 )
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote