Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What number do I call for a faulty Tivo controler

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

What number do I call for a faulty Tivo controler

Old 27-06-2019, 18:45   #46
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one
Re: What number do I call for a faulty Tivo controler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
No, during the setup, you will be able to select one of your WiFis, best choose the 5GHz signal, and supply its password.

If you haven’t separated your Hub 3.0 WiFi SSIDs, you should do so.

I have followed the instructions and Activated the V2 box.

I connected the V6 box and power on the V6 box and Welcome was displayed then Starting up was displayed but that went of and the screen is black for last hour or more, is it a faulty box or dose it take longer?

So much for Quick Start install!
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-06-2019, 18:46   #47
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Best in what criterion?
The fastest stable connection. It was extensively tested in real homes and it works very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
2.4GHz did not allow me to watch content on my second box when I had my V6s installed. I could see the titles of the recordings in 'My Shows' but it wouldn't let me in. Changing to 5Ghz solved that problem.
That was before the autoselection algorithm was introduced. I would have recommended splitting the networks in those days, but now I don't.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 19:38   #48
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
I have followed the instructions and Activated the V2 box.

I connected the V6 box and power on the V6 box and Welcome was displayed then Starting up was displayed but that went of and the screen is black for last hour or more, is it a faulty box or dose it take longer?

So much for Quick Start install!
That does seem to be rather a long time, even for the initial boot up. Maybe a phone call to VM is all that is needed.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 19:52   #49
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
That does seem to be rather a long time, even for the initial boot up. Maybe a phone call to VM is all that is needed.

I have hearing loss and have great problems under standing them. They do not under stand the meaning of a Hearing loss!
Old 27-06-2019, 20:47   #50
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I have hearing loss and have great problems under standing them. They do not under stand the meaning of a Hearing loss!
That's not good. Unplug it all and start again, worth a try. If no joy, get VM to send an engineer. There's supposed some live chat facility online that might help you. If not PM 'Spiderplant' who might be able to assist as he's a helpful VM employee who frequents this forum.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 21:09   #51
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

You have a PM, Ken.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 21:22   #52
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
You have a PM, Ken.

Replied thanks

---------- Post added at 20:22 ---------- Previous post was at 20:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
That's not good. Unplug it all and start again, worth a try. If no joy, get VM to send an engineer. There's supposed some live chat facility online that might help you. If not PM 'Spiderplant' who might be able to assist as he's a helpful VM employee who frequents this forum.

Update.

I powered all off and had some tea.

After tea I powered all on again and this time asked me to setup my Wi-Fi which I did and the install went fine. I have just to find out how to get the V6 controller to set the volume on my TV.

Apart from that all is now fine.

Thanks for help from Forum members
Old 27-06-2019, 21:39   #53
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Replied thanks

Update.

After tea I powered all on again and this time asked me to setup my Wi-Fi which I did and the install went fine. I have just to find out how to get the V6 controller to set the volume on my TV.

I love a happy ending
Old 27-06-2019, 22:09   #54
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Replied thanks

Update.

Controller setup, bet you won't regret getting the V6 when you get used to it.

Last edited by SnoopZ; 27-06-2019 at 22:15.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2019, 15:51   #55
Ken W
cf.mega poster

I received an email from VM advising me that they are charging me an activation fee for activating the V6 which was a replacement for the defective TiVo box!
Old 28-06-2019, 16:56   #56
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I received an email from VM advising me that they are charging me an activation fee for activating the V6 which was a replacement for the defective TiVo box!
Contact them somehow and get it sorted explaining that all you wanted was a remote, don't bother emailing back.
Old 28-06-2019, 21:48   #57
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute

I know this is probably a bit late but have you ever thought about seeing if you are able to use the TypeTalk service? I used to deal with it a lot when I used to work in a call centre. Basically you type what you want to say and someone else speaks for you.

https://www.ngts.org.uk/
djmagnifique is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2019, 23:34   #58
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:
I recall something similar when I swapped a TiVo for a V6, even though it was a free upgrade offer. A quick phonecall got it reversed, but appreciate that's not easy for you Ken. They don't know their backsides from their elbows sometimes and don't learn from mistakes Try the online chat?
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/diagnostics/contactus