Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 2018 price rises

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

2018 price rises

Old 07-09-2018, 11:00   #121
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: 2018 price rises

Nor here either..
Old 07-09-2018, 13:49   #122
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewEastaugh View Post
No letter or email has arrived here as yet either, which is confusing...
Why?
I have no letter yet but understand that the increase (and the letters) are phased.
My increase was from November last year and I expect the same this year so Virgin Media have plenty of time to advise me.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 15:01   #123
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewEastaugh View Post
No letter or email has arrived here as yet either, which is confusing...
Not confusing they work in a pashed bases area by area it takes a long time to get them out given the amount of customers they have to contact
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:02   #124
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Had our notification by email a week or so back, including a caveat buried in small print about honouring existing promotional offers.

And within a few days, a thread kicked off on a local Facebook group from someone fed up with the annual rises and asking how BT broadband fared in their parts. Oh, and how they know they can call up each year but it's an inconvenience they shouldn't have and how a move to BT/Sky/TalkTalk/whoever was the solution.
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 19:15   #125
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirThomas View Post
This price rise necessitates a call to retentions team, I fear! It's sad that customers have to call every year to get the fair prices they deserve.

Anyone recently get a good deal on the Gamer plan?
Seems there's no alternative now (with 20meg upload...) and I have no need for the 350m service!

Tom

To right Tom... It is ruddy annoying to say the least... they should reward long time loyal customers not keep price increasing them.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 11:01   #126
Wild Oscar
cf.addict

Wild Oscar is on a distinguished roadWild Oscar is on a distinguished road

Got my email yesterday! ... basically
Quote:
From 1st November, your bill will be going up by £3 a month
So I think I'll be on the phone and cancelling sometime, got a bit hacked off recently with the broadband going on and off all the time (it's OK if I'm the only one using it, but as soon as the lad wants to start up his XBOX it's no dice!)

I've been with VM for more years than I care to remember (since Cable & Wireless days?) and it's been rock solid up until February/March this year when it sadly went haywire! This coincided funnily enough with the SHUB 3 going in ...

Anyhow I fancy a change ... maybe off to Vodaphone or EE ... looking around for deals right now!
Wild Oscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 14:57   #127
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

Services: Almost the lot
cupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud of

Have to say looking at the bundles today I don't see anything that really grabs you and says value for money. They are looking a bit dated
cupcakes aka dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 15:13   #128
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

On Virgin or elsewhere?
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2018, 16:31   #129
djfunkdup
NoT 1oF tHe UsUaLSuSpeCtS

Services: Hyper-Optic 1Gig
djfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakes aka dd View Post
Have to say looking at the bundles today I don't see anything that really grabs you and says value for money. They are looking a bit dated

What you mean is you can't see anything cheap! ?

There are cheap broadband isp's like talktalk etc if you find VM outwith your price range.

i actually think bb is too cheap and have said before.Punt the cost of bb up a bit and it's more cash to invest back into the network.

Edit: just had to add that i don't have tv or phone from VM as it was over priced and pants. so i'm not brown nosing VM because they do have services that are over priced and not value for money esp the tv. But back to my actual point and that is that BroadBand is too cheap so i dont have a problem with my £3 a mnth increase

Last edited by djfunkdup; 14-09-2018 at 16:36. Reason: lost my marbles ..
djfunkdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 13:29   #130
MrB
cf.addict

MrB is on a distinguished roadMrB is on a distinguished road

We are still waiting for our price rise notification, though some on other forums only received their email yesterday so they are still coming out. They are dragging it out a bit!
MrB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 14:53   #131
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

They stage the notifications to try and enable the call centres to manage the call volumes when customers ring up - if they didn’t do this, people would complain that they couldn’t get through to the call centres.

Even if only 1% called up about the price rise, that’s still 400,000 calls over a few days.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 15:17   #132
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Small increases for new customers; perhaps a sensible decision would be to have no annual increase for existing customers.
I agree, Existing customers who have been with them a long time should be getting good discounts
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 15:18   #133
JPAC
cf.addict

JPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to all

In the local VM shop yesterday they said some people aren't getting a price rise but if they did, it would be in October? I walked out.
JPAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2018, 19:43   #134
djfunkdup
NoT 1oF tHe UsUaLSuSpeCtS

Services: Hyper-Optic 1Gig
djfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
I agree, Existing customers who have been with them a long time should be getting good discounts
Why ? Do you get a discount from your energy provider for being a long term customer ?

Gas ?
Electric ?
Water ?

Does the local petrol station give you discounted petrol for always using them ?
Does the local gym give you a better price of membership because you always use them ?

Bla Bla ditch this long time customer emotion nonsense because that's all it is an emotion.

There should be one price point for new and existing customers in my opinion.Yes of course there should be short promotion offers to attract new customers but after a short period of time they really should be paying the same as everyone else

djfunkdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2018, 20:33   #135
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Sometimes new customers get really good deals for a long period and long term customers do not so it works both ways ,
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote