Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Annoying things in life

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Annoying things in life

Old 04-12-2003, 21:36   #16
philip.j.fry
Inactive

philip.j.fry has reached the bronze age
philip.j.fry has reached the bronze agephilip.j.fry has reached the bronze agephilip.j.fry has reached the bronze agephilip.j.fry has reached the bronze age
Re: Annoying things in life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodoric
Not necessarily.
4) The quality of the graffiti. Those above the middle urinal could well be of a superior quality.
The most well thought out piece of urinal grafetti I saw recently was quite simply the text 'your life is in your hands'
philip.j.fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2003, 22:11   #17
Jerrek
Inactive

Jerrek can only hope to improve

1) The 2 outer ones may be in use. Forcing your way into one of these is asking for a bunch of fives.
Thats fine. Take the middle. The rules state it should be the outer one first, then the other outer one, then the middle (or toilet if you're shy).

2) I don't know about Canadian ones, but British toilets often have a low-placed urinal at one end for the use of children, so the prospective urinator has only a practical choice of 2 urinals.
Not here.

3) Again, possibly a British habit, but some people seem to regard urinals as alternative ash trays. I prefer not to be staring at a mess of disintegrating dog ends.
Never seen that here either.

4) The quality of the graffiti. Those above the middle urinal could well be of a superior quality.
I thought I was the only one that walked around reading the graffiti...
Jerrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 22:17   #18
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ D
People who say "uz" instead of "us"
People who say "axe" instead of "ask"
Xaccers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 22:17   #19
Tiptoes
Inactive

Location: Ask not what your country can do for you but what a mess we could have made of your country
Tiptoes is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnuggleBug
You know what I find the most annoying Russ D? People who screw you and your family over right under your nose, then feed you a pack of lies....then continue to feed you a pack of lies with absolutely no intention of rectifying the harm caused....while all the while putting on a friendly face and making endless empty promises. and then (!) completely blanking you thinking they've got away with it leaving masses of damage behind.

I suggest you get in touch, i know how you feel about having your personal life out in the open.

Speak soon hunni, bottoms up

Apologies to anyone else who had to read this
Is that a Christian ethic on parenting then?
Tiptoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 22:21   #20
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiptoes
Is that a Christian ethic on parenting then?
No it's just someone else who has a personal issue with me.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 22:24   #21
greencreeper
Inactive

Services: Email me for a current price list
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrek
1) The 2 outer ones may be in use. Forcing your way into one of these is asking for a bunch of fives.
Thats fine. Take the middle. The rules state it should be the outer one first, then the other outer one, then the middle (or toilet if you're shy).
Not necessarily shy - I avoid urinals because of the cottagers. I.e. men who stand there for purposes other than urination World is full of weirdos and I seem to attract them - it's the caring, open face I think

The Council (i.e. the Local Authority) annoys me no end - dire customer service that, dare I say it, rivals NTL; jaw dropping incompetency; and wide spread corruption.
greencreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 22:24   #22
Tricky
Inactive

Services: $KY+HD - BT Infinity
Tricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful one

Coming home and really wanting a beer to find none in the fridge, having to wait whilst one sits in the freezer
Tricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 22:29   #23
Flubflow
Inactive

Flubflow has a bronzed appealFlubflow has a bronzed appeal
Flubflow has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaccers
People who say "axe" instead of "ask"
are those the same people who do the arthritic pointing jestures and say "yo" all the time?
Flubflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 22:31   #24
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky
Coming home and really wanting a beer to find none in the fridge, having to wait whilst one sits in the freezer
Get one of those wine chilling 'sleeves'. I find that putting a beer into one of those and then into the freezer for about 10 mins does the job
Old 04-12-2003, 22:32   #25
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flubflow
arthritic pointing jestures
rotfpmsl
Old 04-12-2003, 22:33   #26
Flubflow
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrek
What little things in life annoy you? Not gettting ****es off, or angered, just, annoying...

For me it is someone not following the urinal code of conduct. Ie: Three urinals. It really annoys me if someone decides to take the middle one.

:p
You could of course go into the No2 cubicle for a pee but the downside of that is that the person(s) at the urinals might think you are doing that because you have a small willy.
Old 04-12-2003, 22:33   #27
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Ramrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencreeper
]The Council (i.e. the Local Authority) annoys me no end - dire customer service that, dare I say it, rivals NTL; jaw dropping incompetency; and wide spread corruption.
Don't get me started
Old 04-12-2003, 22:48   #28
Frank
cf.mega poster

Services: Beanfield 50/50 FTTH and iPTV
Frank has a golden auraFrank has a golden auraFrank has a golden auraFrank has a golden aura
Frank has a golden auraFrank has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by towny
people who park in disabled or parent-with-child spaces when they are neither disabled nor accompanied by children
I actually confront these people now in car parks with the words "Oi, move ya ****in car"
Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 22:59   #29
Flubflow
Inactive

Your girlfriend invites a few of her friends from work and their boyfriends out for a drink with you. All the girls go to the toilet together and the guys (who have never met before) are left sat there for ages trying to make conversation like, "did ya see the match last night?".
Old 04-12-2003, 23:01   #30
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

People who use txt spk in forums

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote