Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Channel One

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

BT/TNT Sport on Discovery+

Old 21-09-2023, 01:44   #1
gus0898uk
cf.addict

gus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enough
BT/TNT Sport on Discovery+

I apologise in advance but I am an anologue in the new digital world.

With my Virgin package I watch Champions League, PL etc on BT Sports now TNT sport on 527, 528 etc etc

I have seen it mentioned that TNT Sport is moving to Discovery+,what do I have to do to keep watching the footy?
TIA
gus0898uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-09-2023, 02:16   #2
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads
Re: BT/TNT Sport on Discovery+

TNT sports will still be available on virgin media as a seperate subscription.
Old 21-09-2023, 11:31   #3
gus0898uk
cf.addict

gus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enough

I'm not too sure about this, I recently agreed a new 18 month contract which included BT Sports, now if I want to watch BT SPORT/TNT SPORT I will have to pay even more to watch it on Discovery?
I can feel a phone call coming on.
Old 21-09-2023, 11:50   #4
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice

The linear channels aren't shutting down, only BT Sport app is closing next month which wasn't included with Virgin anyway.

https://support.discoveryplus.com/hc...out-TNT-Sports

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 21-09-2023 at 11:57.
TimeLord2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2023, 13:17   #5
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

As far as I know, if your contract includes BT Sport then you carry on receiving the now renamed TNT Sport.
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2023, 14:51   #6
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
As far as I know, if your contract includes BT Sport then you carry on receiving the now renamed TNT Sport.
...until you renegotiate at the end of your contract and are moved onto the nrw package that doesn't include it.

I guess you could keep it by not renegotiating & paying the out of contract price, but that's likely to cost a lot more than £18.

I had a call the other day from that overseas call centre. They offered to move me to the new Maxit TV called Mega TV or something that doesn't include TNT Sport, but I could keep it for £18 more!

I obviously declined and said it was a ridiculous offer to make. She then offered to double my broadband speed. I still declined as what I have is perfectly adequate.

They really must have a low opinion of the intelligence of their customers and will try absolutely anything to screw extra out of people without giving anything extra for it unless they absolutely have to.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2023, 14:58   #7
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice

TNT Sports is still available to subscribe though, £18 on TV packages and £10 on Stream.

The only TNT Sports package available on Discovery+ is Premium at £30

Whether Discovery+ launches on Virgin at some point and a TNT Sports subscription via Virgin includes access to Discovery+ Premium like Sky is another matter.

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 21-09-2023 at 15:12.
TimeLord2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2023, 15:32   #8
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

SkyQ subscribers with TNT Sport via Sky - and BTv subscribers with TNT Sport get it added at no extra cost to Discovery+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
TNT Sports is still available to subscribe though, £18 on TV packages and £10 on Stream.

The only TNT Sports package available on Discovery+ is Premium at £30

Whether Discovery+ launches on Virgin at some point and a TNT Sports subscription via Virgin includes access to Discovery+ Premium like Sky is another matter.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2023, 16:07   #9
gus0898uk
cf.addict

Thanks for all the input, as long as I can still get the football that is all I really watch on BT.
As well as my Maxit package, I also have Amazon Prime, but that is something I use a lot for shopping also. My last VM deal I lost Sky Cinema, but that was no big loss to me.
Old 22-09-2023, 16:34   #10
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
...until you renegotiate at the end of your contract and are moved onto the nrw package that doesn't include it.

I guess you could keep it by not renegotiating & paying the out of contract price, but that's likely to cost a lot more than £18.

I had a call the other day from that overseas call centre. They offered to move me to the new Maxit TV called Mega TV or something that doesn't include TNT Sport, but I could keep it for £18 more!

I obviously declined and said it was a ridiculous offer to make. She then offered to double my broadband speed. I still declined as what I have is perfectly adequate.

They really must have a low opinion of the intelligence of their customers and will try absolutely anything to screw extra out of people without giving anything extra for it unless they absolutely have to.
If they contacted you because you were near to the end of your contractual term, it was a reasonable offer because TNT have pulled out of the wholesale deal with VM. I see that they did offer you double the broadband speed free, and if you were nice to them, they may have thrown in Sky Cinema free instead if you didn’t want the broadband. That’s what they did for me, and I am a very happy bunny.
Old 28-09-2023, 16:28   #11
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era

I wonder how many more customers VM will lose due to TNT Sports disappearing from the XL package (or whatever the silly name it has now).
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2023, 16:51   #12
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillington View Post
I wonder how many more customers VM will lose due to TNT Sports disappearing from the XL package (or whatever the silly name it has now).
Well, all of them, since it's a TNT decision. It will still be available, but at an increased cost.
Old 28-09-2023, 17:57   #13
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Well, all of them, since it's a TNT decision. It will still be available, but at an increased cost.
Despite the many predictions of a lost cost streaming future, I might add.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2023, 22:40   #14
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Was not expecting this!
Quote:
Premier League and EFL agree to sell TV rights together

The Premier League are set to agree an historic deal with the EFL in which they will sell their television rights together for the first time.

Under the terms of a proposal from the Premier League that was presented to clubs earlier today the EFL will also receive 14.75 per cent of their pooled media rights from next season and an £88 million bonus payment this season, with collective selling to begin in 2028.

The details presented to EFL clubs at a meeting in Derby represent a major breakthrough in what has been a protracted stand-off with the Premier League for several years, and will lead to an immediate increase in funding for the lower divisions.

Whilst the exact figures will depend on future television deals the 14.75 per cent share is expected to more than double the current £130m in solidarity payments the Premier League provide to the EFL, a figure which excludes parachute payments.

The agreement to sell television rights on a collective basis is also hugely significant, and should ensure that the funding of EFL clubs rises in line with that of the Premier League.

This sales model would be welcomed by broadcasters, particularly Sky Sports, as it would give them more certainty over future content.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/foot...193a9014&ei=46
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2023, 22:52   #15
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Odd that in - theoretically at least - the most competitive landscape ever for TV rights the EFL decides to tie it’s future media revenue growth to someone else rather than back themselves in the marketplace.

Aligning both is arguably a necessary precursor to the end of the 3pm blackout.

Last edited by jfman; 28-09-2023 at 23:04.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote