Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Black Lives Matter

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Black Lives Matter

Old 03-07-2020, 19:35   #916
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: Black Lives Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
If I recall correctly, the term "BAME" emerged to cover susceptibility to CV over and above non-BAMEs (must be whiteys, then).

So what's all this BAME cobblers, first introduced in post #16 by the esteemed jfman?

Per Downquark's request:

CV = Coronavirus

But within the BAME group there are variations about Covid-19. You need to be able to separate out cultural related differences. Eg If a group tends to gather together in large numbers, that will help any spreading. An obvious example is that Orthodox/Hasidic Jews seem to be more susceptible, because they gather in groups a lot, and from the photos from New York, they are pretty reckless about it.

The Male-Female difference rarely gets a mention, and is strangely similar across groups.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-07-2020, 20:14   #917
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
[COLOR="Blue"]If I recall correctly, the term "BAME" emerged to cover susceptibility to CV over and above non-BAMEs (must be whiteys, then).
Nah BAME existed long before that. As I said it's a shorthand to refer to minorties.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 20:15   #918
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
But within the BAME group there are variations about Covid-19. You need to be able to separate out cultural related differences. Eg If a group tends to gather together in large numbers, that will help any spreading. An obvious example is that Orthodox/Hasidic Jews seem to be more susceptible, because they gather in groups a lot, and from the photos from New York, they are pretty reckless about it.

The Male-Female difference rarely gets a mention, and is strangely similar across groups.
I'm sorry if I didn't make my point properly.

The BAME handle features in BLM when it shouldn't. Why BAME was dragged into this thread (and into other discussions elsewhere) baffles me.

I'm so anti bloody-woke goody two shoes people who know nothing about realities. You should meet my (now aware) daughter's cohort who have no historic reference point, who thought the sun shone out of Corbyn's backside, who thought that the EU gave us money we wouldn't otherwise have. What a shock their descendants will have when the "A" in BAME become through reproduction the majority population and we'll all have to face East. The "B" in BAME won't get a look-in and some of the "MEs" will need to flee.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 20:20   #919
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
I'm so anti bloody-woke goody two shoes people who know nothing about realities. You should meet my (now aware) daughter's cohort who have no historic reference point
[/COLOR]
In the grand scheme of things your historical reference point is only slightly larger than theirs. None of us are here too long.

Quote:
What a shock their descendants will have when the "A" in BAME become through reproduction the majority population and we'll all have to face East. The "B" in BAME won't get a look-in and some of the "MEs" will need to flee.
Most Asians in this country are not Muslim. The majority would be Indian which is not Islamic (then Pakistan which is)
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 20:30   #920
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
In the grand scheme of things your historical reference point is only slightly larger than theirs. None of us are here too long.

Most Asians in this country are not Muslim. The majority would be Indian which is not Islamic (then Pakistan which is)
I know that. But just give it a bit more thought.

As to my historical reference point, what I was taught in my history class is nothing like the cohort to which I am referring. Their reference point is the "wonderful" EU, Erasmus, free movement, idealism and so on with little or no concept of modern history - the Nazis, the formation of Israel by UN resolution, Britain's abolition of slavery, the water treatment plants and roads we built in Africa etc.

Old 03-07-2020, 21:03   #921
nomadking
cf.mega poster

nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

BLM has become everything BAME, little to do with BLM.
Old 03-07-2020, 22:19   #922
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

White is completely wrong anyway.

I'm not white, I'm a shade of pink, I'd be quite worried if I were actually white.

Pink Lives Matter.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 22:48   #923
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post

I'm not white, I'm a shade of pink, I'd be quite worried if I were actually white.

Pink Lives Matter.
Strangely enough, if you were White, you would be Black, ie Albino.
Old 03-07-2020, 22:53   #924
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Strangely enough, if you were White, you would be Black, ie Albino.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 22:56   #925
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post

Pink Lives Matter.
Did we just agree on something
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 23:00   #926
nomadking
cf.mega poster

My mistake, I was under the impression that it was only Black people that were Albinos.

News stories about Albinos tend to focus on Africa.
Link

Quote:
Albinos—people with white hair and skin, and often reddish eyes—are being mutilated and murdered for their body parts in Tanzania, according to The New York Times. Sometimes as family members look on in horror, groups of machete-wielding men have chopped off the legs, heads, and genitals of albinos.
Old 03-07-2020, 23:49   #927
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Quote:
Albinos—people with white hair and skin, and often reddish eyes—are being mutilated and murdered for their body parts in Tanzania, according to The New York Times. Sometimes as family members look on in horror, groups of machete-wielding men have chopped off the legs, heads, and genitals of albinos
Don't the machete wielding men have knees they could use?

Old 03-07-2020, 23:56   #928
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Seph ffs...
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 09:27   #929
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Seph ffs...
My friend, try understanding the underlying point. The UK has, for years, fed a colonial guilt trip through the wretched Foreign Aid programme.
But black lives matter least in many/most parts of Africa and this isn't the legacy we left them. We exited Africa having provided an administrative foundation, infrastructure, water treatment etc. We left them with industries and agriculture to exploit.

Move then to the USA where the essentially white society is firmly rooted in the gun toting wild west days, of which the police can be seen as an extension (substitute knee for gun or machete for that matter). The descendants of the slavery days are obvious victims on whatever scale of the prejudice within some of the American psyche.

The UK is nothing like that. Not remotely. But suddenly anarchists and woke idiots join forces to make street mayhem here for a cause that has no place here, conveniently forgetting that Africa is the centre of black lives don't matter.

As far as I'm concerned, the UK BLM movement is subversive and must not be taken seriously.

Old 04-07-2020, 10:45   #930
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
My friend, try understanding the underlying point. The UK has, for years, fed a colonial guilt trip through the wretched Foreign Aid programme.
But black lives matter least in many/most parts of Africa and this isn't the legacy we left them. We exited Africa having provided an administrative foundation, infrastructure, water treatment etc. We left them with industries and agriculture to exploit.

Move then to the USA where the essentially white society is firmly rooted in the gun toting wild west days, of which the police can be seen as an extension (substitute knee for gun or machete for that matter). The descendants of the slavery days are obvious victims on whatever scale of the prejudice within some of the American psyche.

The UK is nothing like that. Not remotely. But suddenly anarchists and woke idiots join forces to make street mayhem here for a cause that has no place here, conveniently forgetting that Africa is the centre of black lives don't matter.

As far as I'm concerned, the UK BLM movement is subversive and must not be taken seriously.
You had my approval until the last comment.