Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Christmas (2021)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Christmas (2021)

Old 05-12-2021, 14:07   #1
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Christmas (2021)

It's here isn't it.

I can tell because the wife has cleared a big space in a corner of the lounge ready for the tree. That bit's always bags of fun . . "move it left a touch . . I said left . . no not that far, you've covered mums photo, back a bit . . why is the top bit leaning over?" . . and then there's all the bells, baubles, lights and tinsel to go on it, that's usually 3 hours before it looks perfect from 25ft. Not that it stays perfect of course, not with 2 cats that find the shiny glittery things interesting and a Shi-Tzu that is too stupid to differentiate between 'bauble' and 'ball'

Two days ago she came home from a quick (2 hour) trip to the shops, handed me 2 packs of small rubber sucker things with clips on . . my enquiring look got the answer "to stick round the window frames so you can hang the spare lights on them". Spare lights, that's another thing. I remember the good old days when we only had one set . . now we have 4, thankfully not of the 'bulb' type that had you scrambling for the spares every year.
This morning I dragged all the boxes and bags down from the loft so in a few hours time this place will look like Santas grotto, battery powered singing and dancing snowmen, reindeer, elves and robins, all being placed onto any available surface, I just hope the wifi signal stays strong.

Yesterday she spent a few hours sitting at the kitchen table surrounded by christmas cards and doing an impersonation of a best selling authour at a book signing . . "this ones for Brian and Helen . . next is to Carl, Babs and family . . to Mavis and the dogs, merry crimbo *woof woof*" . . who are all these people? Is she doing the whole of Facebook?. . ah well, she's happy enough I guess.

It's not that I don't like Christmas, but next week she'll also be asking (nagging) me why I'm not wearing the 'christmas pudding' jumper and the cute slippers with fluffy reindeer heads on the front.

Oh bugger, just remembered the inlaws are coming for dinner this year too . . .
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2021, 14:15   #2
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: Christmas (2021)

Well that certainly made me laugh so I thank you for your story hahahaha
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 14:20   #3
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

The Mrs is an absolute Christmas geek. This is our front room right now. Been this way for 3 weeks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FA00D8BE-B35B-4DBF-A1F2-8470114E8380.jpg (299.8 KB, 29 views)

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 14:26   #4
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Our decorations always have gone up on the day before my birthday (13th)

Last year was different, i nearly didn't bother as we had lost my mum on Sept 30th, but I told my dad that mum would be telling us to put the blooming things up.

Last edited by Hom3r; 05-12-2021 at 14:34.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 14:26   #5
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post

Best thing to do is get a dose of Omicron and have to self isolate. If you don't fancy that , a false positive test- you can easily draw a line with a biro . No visitors allowed.

Last year was bliss, I'm getting to like this virus.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 15:13   #6
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
It's here isn't it.

I can tell because the wife has cleared a big space in a corner of the lounge ready for the tree. That bit's always bags of fun . . "move it left a touch . . I said left . . no not that far, you've covered mums photo, back a bit . . why is the top bit leaning over?" . . and then there's all the bells, baubles, lights and tinsel to go on it, that's usually 3 hours before it looks perfect from 25ft. Not that it stays perfect of course, not with 2 cats that find the shiny glittery things interesting and a Shi-Tzu that is too stupid to differentiate between 'bauble' and 'ball'

Two days ago she came home from a quick (2 hour) trip to the shops, handed me 2 packs of small rubber sucker things with clips on . . my enquiring look got the answer "to stick round the window frames so you can hang the spare lights on them". Spare lights, that's another thing. I remember the good old days when we only had one set . . now we have 4, thankfully not of the 'bulb' type that had you scrambling for the spares every year.
This morning I dragged all the boxes and bags down from the loft so in a few hours time this place will look like Santas grotto, battery powered singing and dancing snowmen, reindeer, elves and robins, all being placed onto any available surface, I just hope the wifi signal stays strong.

Yesterday she spent a few hours sitting at the kitchen table surrounded by christmas cards and doing an impersonation of a best selling authour at a book signing . . "this ones for Brian and Helen . . next is to Carl, Babs and family . . to Mavis and the dogs, merry crimbo *woof woof*" . . who are all these people? Is she doing the whole of Facebook?. . ah well, she's happy enough I guess.

It's not that I don't like Christmas, but next week she'll also be asking (nagging) me why I'm not wearing the 'christmas pudding' jumper and the cute slippers with fluffy reindeer heads on the front.

Sounds like me and John. I've just spent 3 hours writing cards. The decorating starts tomorrow if I can catch him before he jumps ship. Funny how as soon as I mention getting all the stuff from the garage he suddenly needs to go out to see about ........... enter any excuse you want, I've heard them all over the years. Even to him spending the day in A & E with a very convenient broken leg. Gosh the length you men will go to.
Old 05-12-2021, 15:40   #7
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

We won't be "doing" Christmas 'til next weekend. IMHO it starts far to early these days.
Old 05-12-2021, 16:22   #8
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

We dont put anything up until the 2nd week of Dec (after my Daughters birthday).
They generally come down after New Years day.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 17:18   #9
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Personally I tend to stick to the 12 days of Christmas..starting on the evening of Christmas Eve.I refuse to get up and decorate on Christmas Day as I will have far too much to do.
Old 05-12-2021, 22:13   #10
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
We dont put anything up until the 2nd week of Dec (after my Daughters birthday).
I have been noticing here hardily anyone has anything up this year. Evn last year was more than it is now..

Haridly any christmas trees up,etc........... People are so miserable now.. (Especially the VAXXED (Alot of them have been meaner to me than they used to be))
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 22:14   #11
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Right, becasue a well known side effect is meaness

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 11:04   #12
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Yearly ritual of Christmas afternoon tea at the tontine this Saturday (didnt make it last year for obvious reasons> Tree will go up on Sunday, meat & seafood ordered and ready for collection on the 23rd, All the christmas presents bought & just need wrapping up.

Three more days (including today) then I'm finished at work until Jan 4th (I'll give it till Friday before the phone goes...) until then, sat with the dogs watching nonsense on TV or playing on the PS5/XBOXX until i get bored and decide to do some work !

Can. Not. Wait!!!!
Old 06-12-2021, 11:15   #13
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
Yearly ritual of Christmas afternoon tea at the tontine this Saturday (didnt make it last year for obvious reasons> Tree will go up on Sunday, meat & seafood ordered and ready for collection on the 23rd, All the christmas presents bought & just need wrapping up.

Three more days (including today) then I'm finished at work until Jan 4th (I'll give it till Friday before the phone goes...) until then, sat with the dogs watching nonsense on TV or playing on the PS5/XBOXX until i get bored and decide to do some work !

Can. Not. Wait!!!!
Is that one of those more plate than food joints?
Old 06-12-2021, 11:29   #14
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
Is that one of those more plate than food joints?

No?
Old 06-12-2021, 11:36   #15
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
No?
ok?