Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]
View Poll Results: Will you be opting out of the Virgin Ad Deal?
Yes, Definitely. 958 95.51%
No, I am quite happy to share my surfing habits with anyone. 45 4.49%
Voters: 1003. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 17-06-2008, 20:47   #9196
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by icsys View Post
And the web address is?
Probably customer specific, maybe containing identifying information, and therefore not to be posted here.
Advertisement
Old 17-06-2008, 20:59   #9197
rryles
Inactive

rryles will become famous soon enoughrryles will become famous soon enoughrryles will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Well spotted. Might send them a letter to thank them for looking at this and giving it web space (not they have any commercial interests OC).

Perhaps they will even consider doing some work on it to emphasise their credentials as defenders of the rights of the public (if they are not too busy ...perhaps)

Hank
I have received an e-mail from the author in response to my comment. She promises to get in touch shortly. Will keep you all posted.
Old 17-06-2008, 21:04   #9198
davethejag
Inactive

davethejag has a spectacular aura about themdavethejag has a spectacular aura about themdavethejag has a spectacular aura about themdavethejag has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by icsys View Post
And the web address is?
I did not add the Virgin web address as I thought that it was directly linked to my phone call which if you click on it now seems to have been the case!

http://survey.ccsurvey.com/virg0701a...634252554acuyg

Dave.
Old 17-06-2008, 21:56   #9199
serial
Inactive

serial is on a distinguished roadserial is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHanff View Post
https://nodpi.org/events/

Can people let me know if they think I need to add more or come up with any suggestions for changes please.

Alexander Hanff
I'd recommend that the best route to the main entrance is from the barbican tube, but go right to the end of Beech street and turn right as per the map. The other routes involve going through the labyrinth.

Is it worth staying until 5?
Old 17-06-2008, 22:20   #9200
Portly_Giraffe
Inactive

Portly_Giraffe is a jewel in the roughPortly_Giraffe is a jewel in the roughPortly_Giraffe is a jewel in the roughPortly_Giraffe is a jewel in the roughPortly_Giraffe is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeak View Post
Complaining to BT at the highest levels in numbers might help. I'd get the executive boards email addresses in that flyer.
I've updated the Flyer to include addresses for the House of Commons and BT on the back if you want to print it two-sided. I've also included a few small suggested amendments:
http://www.inphormationdesk.org/Phorm_Flyer.pdf

And I've updated the Factsheet, again with a few small amendments:
http://www.inphormationdesk.org/Phorm_Factsheet.pdf
Old 17-06-2008, 22:25   #9201
lucevans
Inactive

lucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of light

I've just had an e-mail from Virgin Media asking for feedback on a potential new service they are thinking of offering; online storage of personal files (photos, music, videos, backup files).
I don't usually respond to such messages, but I thought it would be a good opportunity to let them know that I would not use any such service if they launch Phorm/Webwise, for the specific reason that once such snooping was underway, I would have absolutely no faith in the security or privacy of my personal data transmitting across or stored on their network.
It's a minor side issue, I know, but in the words of the great satan of supermarkets, "every little helps" - perhaps if enough people cite Phorm as a reason not to trust such services, it'll come to the attention of policymakers at VM.
Old 17-06-2008, 22:29   #9202
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial View Post
I'd recommend that the best route to the main entrance is from the barbican tube, but go right to the end of Beech street and turn right as per the map. The other routes involve going through the labyrinth.

Is it worth staying until 5?
Well the finishing time is not absolute, but I expect I will still be there until 5ish so people are welcome to protest all day or come at different times of the day which are most convenient for them.

I will update the event page in a little while with the extra info you have added.

Thanks

Alexander Hanff
Old 17-06-2008, 22:53   #9203
rogerdraig
cf.mega poster

rogerdraig has reached the bronze age
rogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerdraig

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucevans View Post
I've just had an e-mail from Virgin Media asking for feedback on a potential new service they are thinking of offering; online storage of personal files (photos, music, videos, backup files).
I don't usually respond to such messages, but I thought it would be a good opportunity to let them know that I would not use any such service if they launch Phorm/Webwise, for the specific reason that once such snooping was underway, I would have absolutely no faith in the security or privacy of my personal data transmitting across or stored on their network.
It's a minor side issue, I know, but in the words of the great satan of supermarkets, "every little helps" - perhaps if enough people cite Phorm as a reason not to trust such services, it'll come to the attention of policymakers at VM.

lol would have to agree with you on that
Old 17-06-2008, 22:54   #9204
mark777
Inactive

Services: 0.4 Mbps BB + Phone
mark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by phormwatch View Post
Hey! What a good idea: Added 'Stop Phorm/Webwise Spyware' to my user agent string.

Firefox users, do type: about:config in the address bar and search for 'agent'.
Could we use this for a URL to a page aimed at webmasters?

Would they look it up?
Old 17-06-2008, 23:00   #9205
Privacy_Matters
Inactive

Privacy_Matters is an unknown quantity at this point

Virgin Customers

Anyone else experiencing strain on your connection (no stm)? Also anyone else notice a change to their ubr?

Also, interesting topic in the NG Feedback thread - a senior VM Employee has shown his head, which only seems to happen when something is hinted at.

Alex

I'll get that sent to you tomorrow, pm me you email please.
Old 17-06-2008, 23:07   #9206
icsys
Inactive

Services: Virgin - BB,TV,Phone Sky box - with no sub Freeview - idtv
icsys is just really niceicsys is just really niceicsys is just really niceicsys is just really niceicsys is just really niceicsys is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by davethejag View Post
I did not add the Virgin web address as I thought that it was directly linked to my phone call which if you click on it now seems to have been the case!

http://survey.ccsurvey.com/virg0701a...634252554acuyg

Dave.
Was hoping it was generic. Thanks anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Privacy_Matters
Virgin Customers

Anyone else experiencing strain on your connection (no stm)? Also anyone else notice a change to their ubr?

Also, interesting topic in the NG Feedback thread - a senior VM Employee has shown his head, which only seems to happen when something is hinted at.
Yes, the connection has been frustratingly slow lately, and I am definitely not STM'ed.
Remind me how to check my UBR.... OK sorted.
Old 17-06-2008, 23:32   #9207
davethejag
Inactive

davethejag has a spectacular aura about themdavethejag has a spectacular aura about themdavethejag has a spectacular aura about themdavethejag has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Privacy_Matters View Post
Virgin Customers

Alex

I'll get that sent to you tomorrow, pm me you email please.
Hi, I do not understand the technicalities but yes I am on Virgin and the last few days have been dreadful with pages taking ages to load etc.

Dave.
Old 17-06-2008, 23:37   #9208
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one

Is anyone going to bite the bullet and be the first person to post a video to the YouTube Video Petition group I set up? Go on give it a go, you know you want to and it should be a laugh at the very least.

There is some info on how to do it here:

https://nodpi.org/forum/on-topic/you...-group/page-1/

I will try to get one done by the end of the week and would have done one already but I am so damn busy with everything else I just haven't had a chance.

I would love to see what people come up with, I suspect many will be quite amusing and it would add a bit of fun to an otherwise very serious topic.

So go on, give it a go.

Once some start to appear I will add them to the new site in rotation using the YouTube video API.

Alexander Hanff
Old 17-06-2008, 23:45   #9209
bluecar1
Inactive

Services: No DPI Kit snooping on USERS
bluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by davethejag View Post
Hi, I do not understand the technicalities but yes I am on Virgin and the last few days have been dreadful with pages taking ages to load etc.

Dave.
been the same on bt the last week, getting intermittent page not found errors, refresh and it comes in, or pages hang part loaded then refresh and come in quick,

anyone on talk talk ? or others to see if this is bt,vm,tt only?

peter

just had one of those errors as i posted this
Old 17-06-2008, 23:51   #9210
davethejag
Inactive

Hi All, Anybody signed up to Hot UK Deals care to enlighten a few people?

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/20079...f-contract-ge/

Dave.
Closed Thread