Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Football : Season 08/09

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Football : Season 08/09
Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 19:03   #781
pedantic
Inactive

Services: O2 standard
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
Send a message via Yahoo to pedantic
Re: Football : Season 08/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
I think harmitage was playing the irony card
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmitage View Post
Exactly it. I was also thinking I'd get an extra game out of Gerrard due to the replay.
Oops! Mis-interpreted his post.

And, on the lighter side of the news....

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle2211139.ece

What a plonker!
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2009, 21:22   #782
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Well some plonker, pressed the wrong button, and l have no doubt, that on Monday am, some guy (and not the right guy, that is gurranteed) will get a card, called p45 and get re-employed by C4/5
Old 08-02-2009, 15:27   #783
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Spurs 0 - Arsenal 0

Would not have taken that at the start of the game, certainly would have after the first half. Although both teams had a chance to steal it at the end.
Old 09-02-2009, 15:00   #784
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Hi Damien, What ruined it for me, was the sending off, the referee allowed play to go on and then stopped, the game, l was told, that someone else told the ref, and it is was not his officials. And it could have been the revelations of Steve Bennett.

I knew it would end up 0 0, Modric could have clinched it for Spurs, BUT we need to win games, and not draws, and we are too good to go down, my hots are WBA, BLACKBURN, and STOKE.
Old 09-02-2009, 15:08   #785
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Hi Damien, What ruined it for me, was the sending off, the referee allowed play to go on and then stopped, the game, l was told, that someone else told the ref, and it is was not his officials. And it could have been the revelations of Steve Bennett.

I knew it would end up 0 0, Modric could have clinched it for Spurs, BUT we need to win games, and not draws, and we are too good to go down, my hots are WBA, BLACKBURN, and STOKE.
Spurs lost their bottle after the game was in their grasp if you ask me, something Arsenal know all to well . It was a sending off as far as I am concerned. You can't act like that with the ref..
Old 09-02-2009, 16:19   #786
pedantic
Inactive

pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze

Scolari has been sacked.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/Latest...551166,00.html
Old 09-02-2009, 16:21   #787
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

I think Scolari's departure was half expected...
Old 09-02-2009, 16:22   #788
pedantic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
I think Scolari's departure was half expected...
End of the season perhaps, the timing seems strange to me.
Old 09-02-2009, 16:42   #789
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

I cannot believe that Chelsea, are thinking about getting Avram Grant back again, wasn't he sacked before.

I think they should go for an english manager, howabout Tony Adams, he needs a job.
Old 09-02-2009, 16:58   #790
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Why sack the manager

We now have a situation in British football, where if the club isn't doing well you sack the manager.

Each club, fields 11 players, so therefore, they are playing for the shirt they wear, and get thousands of pounds a week, to run round for 90 minutes, therefore blame the players, managers of club have this attitude from players, ' you can't drop me, becuase of who l am ' some managers are scared to drop players, many players of todays game, think they are l'm it, and think they are untouchable, it is like at my club Spurs, some of them need a kick up the backside, and should be told, if you don't to play for Spurs, go? we are fighting relegation, so therefore, they have got to play there hearts out for the club, and many players in todays game, would not last five minutes years ago.

The manager can influence them to play, BUT they are not the ones on that pitch, the players today, just play for the money, NOT the great game of football. And what Chelsea, have to do, is drop the first team and bring in the reserves, they will probabely play better - and that is coming from a Yido.
Old 11-02-2009, 16:48   #791
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

I'm sure the Latics new kit will have Leeds United quaking in their boots.

Pretty in Pink

Jim.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:40   #792
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I'm sure the Latics new kit will have Leeds United quaking in their boots.

Pretty in Pink

Jim.
Thats my fantasy footy team name and kit..... maybe I should have copyrighted it lol
Old 12-02-2009, 09:52   #793
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaf_laandon_mo View Post
Thats my fantasy footy team name and kit....

Are you trying to tell us something,
Old 12-02-2009, 10:06   #794
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Are you trying to tell us something,
Judging by my results I should rename them to Not So Pretty In Pink
Old 12-02-2009, 23:34   #795
yesman

WORLD'S WEALTHIEST CLUBS BY REVENUE

1) Real Madrid: £289.6m
2) Man Utd: £257.1m
3) Barcelona: £244.4m