Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Expanse

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Expanse

Old 19-05-2018, 08:57   #106
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone
Re: The Expanse

Re: the set, a lot of Season 2 sets would have been taken down in any case as they would not be used moving forward as Season 4 has different elements.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-05-2018, 03:56   #107
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Looks like a deal has been done with Amazon for Season 4.

They have not officially announced it yet, but word is the deal is pretty much done.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2018, 07:52   #108
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Amazon Studios is in talks to revive one of CEO Jeff Bezos' favorite properties.
The retailer and streaming outlet is near a deal to revive the space drama The Expanse for a fourth season just 10 days after Syfy canceled the series. Amazon Studios declined comment as sources note the deal is not closed.
Syfy had only first-run linear rights in the U.S. to The Expanse, which was based on James S. A. Corey's best-selling book series of the same name and starred Steven Strait. Amazon Studios had streaming rights to the first three seasons of the show. Sources say Bezos is a big fan of the book and was livid that the TV series went to NBCUniversal-owned Syfy. The move is said to have ignited Bezos' demand that Amazon Studios brass find the company's version of Game of Thrones.
this is exactly the kind of thing you need to happen; a fan with the power and money to come along and save it.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2018, 09:51   #109
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

Services: Almost the lot
cupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud of

Hope so I have Prime and we might get same time showing as USA.
cupcakes aka dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2018, 16:00   #110
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

looks like another cracking episode and things are moving along nicely, it baffles me how anyone could sit down and even contemplate cancelling it.
Old 23-05-2018, 16:59   #111
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

Services: Almost the lot
cupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud of

Maybe the ruling (media) elite don't like its closer to fact content as trillions go missing each year in the USA (the Pentagon is now having its first audit courtesy of Trump). Secret space programs ........ Nah never!
cupcakes aka dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2018, 08:01   #112
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...amazon-1115160

Quote:
'The Expanse' Officially Revived for Season 4 at Amazon

CEO Jeff Bezos made the announcement Friday at a conference with the cast and creators that the deal has closed to bring the Syfy drama to the retailer/streamer for season four.

It's official: Amazon Studios has closed a deal for season four of former Syfy drama The Expanse.

CEO Jeff Bezos, whom is a massive fan of the books the drama is based on, made the announcement Friday at a panel at the National Space Society with the cast and crew in Los Angeles. "I just got word that The Expanse was saved," Bezos told the packed ballroom.
Outstanding news.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 26-05-2018 at 08:05.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2018, 08:38   #113
General Maximus
Ran Away

absolutely, if any series was deserving of being resurrected after cancellation it is this one. At the very least they need to be given the opportunity to wrap up such an engrossing story.

Old 26-05-2018, 08:45   #114
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

That's good news, I've been reading up on Reddit, outstanding work by the fans, it certainly deserved it.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2018, 13:47   #115
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

It's now official. Season 4 of The Expanse will be on Amazon Prime.

https://nerdist.com/amazon-saves-the...ellation-syfy/
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2018, 08:21   #116
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Why did Amazon save The Expanse? Recently, studio head Jennifer Salke spoke with Deadline about the streaming service’s decision to pick up the cancelled Syfy TV show.
As reported earlier, Amazon has greenlit a fourth season of the sci-fi drama, which explores a vast conspiracy 200 years in the future.
Speaking to Deadline, Salke says Amazon picked up The Expanse because of the show’s fans:

“There were airplanes circling us, I was having cakes delivered, there was a whole thing happening. And then really smart people, whose opinions I really value creatively, started reaching out to me, saying, “have you seen this show, The Expanse, it’s actually great”. I hadn’t so I spent some time, I watched the show and I was like, this show is actually really well done, why is nobody watching it? At the same time, Jeff Bezos was getting emails from everyone from George R.R. Martin to every captain of industry, like the founder of Craigslist, and they were all writing, saying, there’s this show, it’s so great, you have to see it, you have to buy it or save it.”
I love it when stuff like this happens and her job is exactly the kind of job I would love to have and will do when I win the euromillions. You need people who appreciate quality in a powerful position who can say "yes". I love the fact that the article was all about fan appreciate and and the quality of the show and no business talk about analysis of ratings and all that rubbish.
Old 28-06-2018, 22:41   #117
General Maximus
Ran Away

What a superb season finale; proper quality pure scifi at its best in a two parter to wrap everything up and it is all the more sweeter knowing that the series has been renewed and we have got more to look forward to.
Old 29-06-2018, 00:21   #118
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

I did pick it back up and have now caught up. Will watch 12-13 soon. Is an interesting watch. Trying to think if it's the only space sci-fi focused show I've ever watched. I only ever watched the JJ Star Trek movies and not the TV shows. Never bothered with SG or BSG and my ventures into Sci-fi shows stuck around X-Files, Fringe or Person of Interest. I've not picked up Star Trek discovery and I'm unsure if I ever will.

With all that being said I guess my viewership and many others like me watching The Expanse really shows its worth.
Old 29-06-2018, 03:04   #119
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I dont think I'd call Person of Interest Sci-Fi.

Watched the expanse episodes 12 & 13 tonight, loved them.
Looking forward to seeing what they do next season, with 1300 systems to explore.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2018, 08:03   #120
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Never bothered with SG or BSG and my ventures into Sci-fi shows stuck around X-Files, Fringe or Person of Interest. I've not picked up Star Trek discovery and I'm unsure if I ever will.
if you want to be blown away you should watch Babylon 5, it is the best tv series ever. You could drop everything you currently watch and not watch anything else over summer apart from B5 and you would die a happy man.