Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Flat Earth Society

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Flat Earth Society

Old 12-09-2018, 19:26   #31
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star
Re: Flat Earth Society

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
You'll have wait for that but all will be revealed.
Oooooh. I’m intrigued as to what this ‘ammo’ is. I do hope they don’t actually admit it was all a hoax. That would be soul destroying. Not to mention the grief and ‘I told you so’s the internet would be full of! It would ruin everything!!
Old 23-09-2018, 17:18   #32
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
You'll have wait for that but all will be revealed.
How long do I need to wait?!?
Old 23-09-2018, 18:36   #33
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Seems appropriate

Old 24-09-2018, 15:47   #34
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

I was listening to a Flat Earther on the radio. I was slightly put off by the fact he started off as a famous Youtuber (not necessarily a group you would associate with massive intelligence), but as I follow a few Youtubers that actually do seem to be quite intelligent, I was willing to disregard that feeling, and, I feel, approach the interview with an open mind.

In short, I believe that all available evidence says the earth is round, but was willing to be proved wrong.

What I got was a man who, when asked how the water didn't fall of the edge of the earth, replied that there was a thousand foot tool Game Of Thrones style wall of ice around the planet.

When asked what happens when you fly around the earth, when happens when you get to the edge (bear in mind that planes can easily go above 1000 feet), he replied you disappear from one side of the disc and appear on the other (which sounded like the warp tunnels in Pac Man), and when asked for evidence, cited the fact there are apparently holes in GPS coverage for large chunks of the southern hemisphere (although he didn't call it that, because a hemisphere requires a globe)

Apparently, the fact that there are large holes means that no one knows for sure where each plane is while in one of these holes. Now, while I am not a pilot, I'm fairly certain Pilots have other, admittedly less accurate, methods of navigation available than GPS, and I'm fairly certain the plane doesn't just vanish off radar when it hits a spot with no GPS.

I went into the interview of the opinion that while I think the earth is round, I was willing to be proved wrong. I came out of the interview still thinking that, but also thinking the interviewee was an idiot.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2018, 20:24   #35
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
The earth IS ROUND,no 2 ways!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote