Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Doctor Who

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Doctor Who

Old 26-09-2018, 15:51   #376
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Re: Doctor Who

Doctor Who Official

Verified account

@bbcdoctorwho
2m
2 minutes ago

More
The adventure begins Sunday 7th October.
UK: 18:45 on @BBCOne
US: 13:45 (EST) on @BBCAmerica.
Check local listings in other countries.
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-09-2018, 16:32   #377
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

The time has been available on Digiguide since Monday, when the listings updated.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2018, 17:00   #378
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Why do they put it offset against the hour? Why not '7pm every sunday'?
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2018, 18:50   #379
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

tbh she looks like a children's TV presenter, not the Dr. ...
Have a feeling it might well be ok/good but won't be or have the feel of Dr Who any longer. More the Sarah Jane adventures. However, we'll see...
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2018, 19:12   #380
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Have a feeling it might well be ok/good but won't be or have the feel of Dr Who any longer. More the Sarah Jane adventures. However, we'll see...
Guess you don't remember just how young Matt Smith looked when he was announced as the Doctor:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pre...y/03/who.shtml
Old 26-09-2018, 20:19   #381
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Guess you don't remember just how young Matt Smith looked when he was announced as the Doctor:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pre...y/03/who.shtml
Not really age that's the problem. Peter Davison was young and that worked. Matt Smith never did quite work for me, good actor that he is. Got to be convinced that it's the same person , which for this Dr is going to be extra difficult. Will she convince us she's an older version of Hartnell? Will she be threatening to give her companion a 'smacked bottom' like he did once ? (although tbf the old duffer probably went off script )
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2018, 20:22   #382
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M
The time has been available on Digiguide since Monday, when the listings updated.
I tell ya Paul,I really miss the original Dr. Who!!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2018, 09:43   #383
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

First reviews are positive: http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-...iews-round-up/
Old 27-09-2018, 10:09   #384
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
What does The Doctor look like?

Every Doctor has looked different. The second Doctor looked a lot different to Hartnell and am sure at the time people thought, who is this guy. He is a bit of a clown and doesn't seem like the same person.

It is a lighthearted family show after all. Its not a grown up adult SciFi show. It was created for families and children. Originally I am sure the premise was it was to be a historical show so people could learn stuff.
Old 27-09-2018, 10:15   #385
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

She looks to me like she could be David tennants sister around the face.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2018, 22:45   #386
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

A brief spoiler-free review in Empire suggests that they have indeed shot and will broadcast Who in 2.39:1, or something close to it.

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/...-spoiler-free/
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 11:35   #387
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Personally, I'm waiting until I've seen it before I decide if it has the feel of Dr Who . It could be anywhere from absolutely awful to absolutely excellent. I won't know what I think of it until I've seen it. Even if it does turn out to be awful, I like to give new or rebooted shows a while to settle down, so I'll watch a few episodes, possibly the entire series.

It has an excellent writer for a showrunner though, who also did an excellent job with running Broadchurch, both of which give me high hopes. Jodie Whitaker is also, IMO, an excellent actress, although I've yet to see how she handles comedy (which is actually harder than drama to get right).
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 11:52   #388
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Well so far amost of the early previews have been very positive.

I am looking forward to it.

Rumour is that the new theme.credits won't be shown until the second episode and will be missing from the first one.
Old 28-09-2018, 16:32   #389
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Is it common for the BBC to give Who previews this far in advancing of airing? If it's anything like movies and computer games the earlier the embargo for the reviews the more confident the studios are....
Old 28-09-2018, 16:38   #390
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

The launch seems to be about the same distance as Peter Capaldi's debut:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-28690462

Launch event was on 7th August 2014, and broadcast on 23rd.

Websites were reviewing immediately after the launch event:
http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/doctor-w...er-free-review