Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 19-08-2014, 16:53   #4936
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Premier Sports has won the rights to 'Belgian Jupiler League' from August 29th with up to 3 live games per week.
Old 19-08-2014, 17:15   #4937
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
I would love to know if Sky Sports or BT Sport make an bid.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2014, 17:58   #4938
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
haha i'd have probably watched it but it certainly wont make me subscribe to premier sports haha

arent the games on at the same time as the spanish/german games?? do they honestly think theyll get people over that!
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2014, 17:59   #4939
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
l doubt it MB.
Old 20-08-2014, 18:01   #4940
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

BBC to broadcast the Invictus Games.

First two days highlights only. Then live for final two.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/lat...invictus-games
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2014, 18:39   #4941
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

History, Lifetime, Crime + Investigation and H2 will join TalkTalk's TV Boosts from August 28.

http://recombu.com/digital/news/talk...s-on-august-28
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 08:05   #4942
denphone
Still alive and fighting

BT warns it will increase bills.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-28902300
Old 23-08-2014, 08:10   #4943
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
BT warns it will increase bills.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-28902300
What's the point of Ofcom ?

Line rental is increasing year on year without any justification , £16.99 a month is a ridiculous price in my opinion and you can bet the rest will all do the same.

I'm sure its used by all companies to pay for other things such as sports rights etc.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 08:31   #4944
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
What's the point of Ofcom ?

Line rental is increasing year on year without any justification , £16.99 a month is a ridiculous price in my opinion and you can bet the rest will all do the same.

I'm sure its used by all companies to pay for other things such as sports rights etc.
Yes l quite agree MM because if l could get rid of my landline l would as the Line rental rise is simply unacceptable in my opinion but because l have a Home monitoring device which sends information down the phone line to the hospital l am stuck with continuous line rental rises year on year when l myself never use the phone.

With Ofcom well they are like most regulator's which will bark a bit but simply have no bite at all at the end of the day.
Old 23-08-2014, 11:45   #4945
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

We need more companies in the UK offering stand alone broadband without the need of line rental......available at a reasonable price. The only time my land line gets used is if someone is phoning me, and often it's about PPI or some other nonsense.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 12:01   #4946
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Agree with all the above. I too would do without a landline if my virgin broadband didn`t cost more without it. And I agree with mm about some of the line rental fee being used for other things such as sports rights. What virgin use it for I don`t know,going towards the cost of providing `free` BT Sport to XL customers?
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 15:01   #4947
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Premier Sports is confirmed as £10 per month on talktalk

http://help2.talktalk.co.uk/tv-boosts-and-channels
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 15:13   #4948
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Premier Sports is confirmed as £10 per month on talktalk

http://help2.talktalk.co.uk/tv-boosts-and-channels
Wouldn`t pay 10p a month for this channel let alone £10!
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 16:26   #4949
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
100% agreed. i love how premier sports consider themselves a channel worthy of ten quid a month haha. As if they're at the big boys table alongside sky and bt. if they charged a realistic amount such as £3 or £4 theyd probably make more money in the long run by getting more subscribers.
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 16:30   #4950
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
+1