Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 15-08-2013, 23:04   #3451
Risco
Inactive

Services: VIP; BB XL; TiVo 1TB; V+HD
Risco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to behold
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilo View Post
It was so painful to watch I had to switch over!
Haha! I am watching Life's a Pitch and the presenter is a fool! Also the comedy was cringeworthy! However the discussion is very interesting so going to keep watching!

On a side note, it seems Sky users really got screwed as BT Sports does not work with multi room!

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Prog...1243556#M21562
Risco is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-08-2013, 23:18   #3452
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
At last somebody with some taste on here. Couldn't give a toss about the Premiership - over paid wasters, playing for cities they have no connection with and supported by mugs that have no connection with the clubs either. Its these deals that perpetuate the waste of money. Oh for the 1970's and 80's muddy pitches and people kicking the hell out of each other and getting -mod edit- afterwards - that was entertainment.

If they can get some Test Match cricket that would be perfect. They've got plenty of hours to fill. Even better live netball - anything could happen...
Gotta say, I preferred the old first division to the premier league currently. Just my personal preference, but I know many love the PL is it's current form.

I would love for BT to get some test cricket, perhaps they can team up with a FTA provider - ideally BBC. Imagine TMS commentating in-sync with live pictures - (or even VM) and take Sky on over the cricket. Alas I can not see that happening. Sky Sports sister channels all over the world hold the rights to too many national countries home test matches. The only teams I can see BT getting (if they are interested) will be Bangladesh or Pakistan.
harry_hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 23:28   #3453
neilo
cf.addict

Services: V6, 350mb Broadband, Phone
neilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to all

That Life's a Pitch programme isn't much better really. Well, lets see how they do with the football on Saturday.
neilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 23:39   #3454
tvtimes
Inactive

Services: Sky entertainment, kids and HD package, Sky Fibre Unlimited broadband, XBOX one, PS4 and Android box
tvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risco View Post
Haha! I am watching Life's a Pitch and the presenter is a fool! Also the comedy was cringeworthy! However the discussion is very interesting so going to keep watching!

On a side note, it seems Sky users really got screwed as BT Sports does not work with multi room!

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Prog...1243556#M21562
Makes a change from them getting everything and us getting sweet FA don't it? Bitter sweet! Shame you moved Colin...

---------- Post added at 22:39 ---------- Previous post was at 22:37 ----------

I just thought, this deal has nearly paid for a whole season of the PL for VM. Or maybe they will use the money for the CL?

---------- Post added at 22:39 ---------- Previous post was at 22:39 ----------

Does anyone else think that this might be a ploy to get us all hooked in the meantime and then in 3 years pull the rug from under our feet once they have rolled out their own Infinity and iptv service countrywide?
tvtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 23:48   #3455
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

When called VM today to apologize, i mentioned that logo and they said that enough viewers complain directly to BT, then they will move the logo to the top right hand corner.

Yes, l did apologise to VM, when l am wrong l admit it. I think you can forget Atlantic - l have my football - Spurs forever man.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 23:57   #3456
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

TBH I am not bothered by where the logo is on screen. It really doesn't get in the way of my viewing.
Old 15-08-2013, 23:59   #3457
tvtimes
Inactive

Services: Sky entertainment, kids and HD package, Sky Fibre Unlimited broadband, XBOX one, PS4 and Android box
tvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant future

You called VM to apologise? What was the point? Maybe you shouldn't have kicked off in the first place?
I'm sure you're little rant wasn't the worst they have heard. I would think you got a lot more worked up than you did and probably had a good little chuckle to themselves when you got the phone and you would have been forgotten about by the next call.
tvtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 00:06   #3458
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risco View Post
My god the Clare Balding show is a yawn! I hope it get better as it is 1 1/2 hours long!
I thought it was pretty good. Its good we all like differeent things.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 00:09   #3459
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
When called VM today to apologize, i mentioned that logo and they said that enough viewers complain directly to BT, then they will move the logo to the top right hand corner.

Yes, l did apologise to VM, when l am wrong l admit it. I think you can forget Atlantic - l have my football - Spurs forever man.
Kudos for apologizing to VM!!!

Spurs, eh? Good man. It is nice to see a well run club in this day and age. They have many, many millions behind them and yet they work hard to balance the books with players going in and out of the club, will not be held to ransom by agents and not spend many many millions on players just because they can. I am pretty sure there is little to no debt attached to the club either (happy to be corrected) They have flair players, but are not afraid to get stuck in when it gets physical either. The sooner more clubs are run like Spurs the sooner I will grow to love football again.

Sorry, that is off topic. Um, any news on Universal HD?
harry_hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 01:51   #3460
astidog
Inactive

astidog is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I have come out of the woodwork again after many years WTG Virgin Media on getting this deal. To be honest I am not really interested in BT sports(no doubt i'll watch the odd footie match) but I got ESPN back and my baseball fix back again!!! I was missing this and even subscribed to atbat on my phone to get a fix lol Glad it was only £6 for the rest of the season
astidog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 01:57   #3461
squealy
Inactive

Services: V+, XL TV, Sky Sports/Movies, M broadband and phone
squealy is a glorious beacon of lightsquealy is a glorious beacon of lightsquealy is a glorious beacon of lightsquealy is a glorious beacon of lightsquealy is a glorious beacon of lightsquealy is a glorious beacon of lightsquealy is a glorious beacon of light

Been a while for me too. Well chuffed with the BT Sports stuff. Now I can record loads of games and not watch them, just like I did with ESPN.
squealy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 06:42   #3462
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilo View Post
It was so painful to watch I had to switch over!
l wonder if more then 24 thousand watched it.
Old 16-08-2013, 10:29   #3463
Anypermitedroute
Inactive

Services: Virgin TIVO XL package & Sky Movies and Sports HD XXL broadband & superhub
Anypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of Quads

just noticed La liga is being shown this weekend all on Skysports 4, was that the same last year and if not that means BT vision and youview cant watch it right?
Anypermitedroute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 10:37   #3464
BexTech
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Cable TV (1TB Tivo) & Net, 120cm motorized satellite system.
BexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbrighton View Post
The HD quality is excellent. Much better than Sky Sports.
Should be good, BT been in the TV transmission and satellite uplink business for many many years.

---------- Post added at 09:37 ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 ----------

Enjoyed the cricket last night, well the women on there shaking their backsides
BexTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 11:09   #3465
Mr Pharmacist
Inactive

Services: Everything.
Mr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of society

I have to give BT credit for their streams as well. Was using a friends log in to watch online before Virgin got the channels, and the quality is light years ahead of anything I've seen on Virgin anywhere and Sky go. On a par, if not better, than some sopcast I've been forced to watch in the past. Not that i condone that type of stream though...
Mr Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote