Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 15-08-2013, 12:22   #3391
smallclone
cf.geek

Services: M tv Broadband 150Mb/s. Superhub 3 V6
smallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of light
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
Good on them. I think you are a very lucky chappy that they did that, but just goes to show how good VM can be!
I agree. I'm very lucky. And happy.

Well done VM.
smallclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-08-2013, 12:25   #3392
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallclone View Post
I agree. I'm very lucky. And happy.

Well done VM.
I feel a very small minority may not be able to get that deal smallclone has got as they gave VM a tongue lashing when ringing up to cancel...

Most peeps will have been reasonable and so can come back by the sound of it...
Doug P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 12:27   #3393
smallclone
cf.geek

smallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug P View Post
I feel a very small minority may not be able to get that deal smallclone has got as they gave VM a tongue lashing when ringing up to cancel...

Most peeps will have been reasonable and so can come back by the sound of it...
Do you reckon they mark certain customers down as bad eggs in their records then?
Old 15-08-2013, 12:34   #3394
Doug P
Inactive

Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Do you reckon they mark certain customers down as bad eggs in their records then?
only the odd two or three who come on the line having a go at the CS operator and demanding to be released from their contracts etc etc.

Calls are often recorded and am sure notes are made on files.

Do others think VM do not have to be so generous as they have been to the obviously very polite smallclone?!
Old 15-08-2013, 12:36   #3395
smallclone
cf.geek

Quote:

Do others think VM do not have to be so generous as they have been to the obviously very polite smallclone?!
It'll be interesting to see if they do this across the board. I mean at the end of the day I am paying £2 more now per month than I did before the phone call, plus I think she mentioned that there was a one off charge of £2 for adjusting my bill in the middle of the month or something.

If a few thousand do that then it's surely in VM interest to welcome everybody back to XL.
Old 15-08-2013, 12:38   #3396
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

I may have to change my mind about BT sport, just seen an atheltics show in the listings plus some Cricket too. It is only caribbean 20-20 cricket but it's still free for me and the West Indies do have some explosive players currently playing. Also, there are some very attractive young ladies who are very easy on the eyes playing on the tennis (a sport I can happily watch, when in the right mood) scene currently ;-)
Not really bothered about the football, but add the rugby and I can now watch and I have a half decent amount of sport I can happily watch, all free of charge.

Well done to all involved with the deal:-)
harry_hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 12:41   #3397
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
It'll be interesting to see if they do this across the board. I mean at the end of the day I am paying £2 more now per month than I did before the phone call, plus I think she mentioned that there was a one off charge of £2 for adjusting my bill in the middle of the month or something.

If a few thousand do that then it's surely in VM interest to welcome everybody back to XL.
Yup, the £2 extra may cover the cost of the sub VM pay to BT for BT Sports. Customers are happy with VM and VM have gained back previous business, with possibly no loss in revenue for BT Sports. Times that by a few thousand and VM will win all fronts!!!
harry_hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 12:44   #3398
si2008
Inactive

Services: tivo 1gb broadband 60mmb
si2008 is an unknown quantity at this point

Great news...good job i kept the xl package happy here
si2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 12:53   #3399
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Here is the beebs report on BT Sport striking a deal with VM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23709325
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 12:55   #3400
gregbrighton
Inactive

Services: VM VIP
gregbrighton is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I don't really know about that but if you are polite and address the advisor by their first names, they do like that and in my experience they will bend over backwards to give you better deals. This is both in the Indian and Retention call centres.
gregbrighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 13:01   #3401
Doug P
Inactive

http://mediaboyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

Hooray for MB as well!
Old 15-08-2013, 13:16   #3402
trevrpb
WeatherManTrev

Services: ultimate oomph bundle M500
trevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nice

Excellent news. I said In all my previous posts about this that I was 100% confident it would happen.
But I must say I'm gobsmacked its on XL at no extra cost and in HD which suits me fine and dandy. I was expecting to pay at least £12 per month extra.
trevrpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 13:29   #3403
stuwolves
Inactive

stuwolves is an unknown quantity at this point

SO happy this is in the XL package!
stuwolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 13:34   #3404
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Drinks on Mr Stokes methinks.
Old 15-08-2013, 13:45   #3405
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Drinks on Mr Stokes methinks.
He has to eat his hat first
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote