Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 11-02-2022, 08:47   #10786
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
how intriguing...

So discovery/Warner would be Eurosport, discovery combined with HBO, CNN, TNT etc with BT Sport in theory.

I'm confused how are discovery that big of a company? Discovery channel hasnt been good for years. Eurosport was at its height in the early 90s. How have discovery remained a big company?!
Although the current Discovery CEO will be the CEO of Warner Bros. Discovery, AT&T Shareholders will hold a 71% stake in the new company.

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 11-02-2022 at 08:52.
TimeLord2018 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-02-2022, 10:10   #10787
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
how intriguing...

So discovery/Warner would be Eurosport, discovery combined with HBO, CNN, TNT etc with BT Sport in theory.

I'm confused how are discovery that big of a company? Discovery channel hasnt been good for years. Eurosport was at its height in the early 90s. How have discovery remained a big company?!
There can be lots of reasons. Often it can be as simple as perception. One person's perception isn't necessarily an accurate one. Just because you don't watch it anymore doesn't mean other people aren't, everyone has different tastes and habits.

The Pay TV market has got much, much larger since the early 90s. Many have a much larger audience worldwide than they did back then.

That the market is dominated by just a few companies these days, and they are still around and taking up so many channel positions still, compared to others, is a good indicator.

They have, like many others, bought many, many, other companies around the world. Most viewers don't realise who owns what, hence they can be bigger than people think.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 11:03   #10788
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
how intriguing...

Eurosport has certainly increased its profile since 1990's. It's the home of cycling and all winter sport. I have watched it since the early 1990's watching cycling through the hazy picture right up to now in Hd.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 12:50   #10789
Dingbat
cf.member

Dingbat has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
Eurosport has certainly increased its profile since 1990's. It's the home of cycling and all winter sport. I have watched it since the early 1990's watching cycling through the hazy picture right up to now in Hd.
But the cycling on Eurosport now is only a fraction of what GCN cover on their app/online, apart from the TdF/Giro/Vuelta. They used to cover MotoGP until BT Sport acquired the rights, and their World Superbike coverage has gone downhill over the last couple of years.

All of it regularly gets bumped/delayed when the tennis or snooker is on.
Dingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 15:57   #10790
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingbat View Post
But the cycling on Eurosport now is only a fraction of what GCN cover on their app/online, apart from the TdF/Giro/Vuelta. They used to cover MotoGP until BT Sport acquired the rights, and their World Superbike coverage has gone downhill over the last couple of years.

All of it regularly gets bumped/delayed when the tennis or snooker is on.
Given Discovery own GCN, I doubt they are concerned.

I suspect the reduction is due to a combination of increased snooker coverage, which probably appeals to more UK viewers, and that it quite deliberately pushes those that want more of the cycling, and uninterrupted, to take out a GCN+, or Discovery+ subscription.

There's plenty enough outside the Grand Tours for me, I don't have enough time to watch all Eurosport's other cycling coverage as it is now.
Old 20-02-2022, 23:25   #10791
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Not my interest, but I thought others might want to know.
Premiership Rugby launches new streaming service.
https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/premiershi...eaming-service
Old 21-02-2022, 07:50   #10792
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

This one does interest me - British Speedway Network launching in March.
https://britishspeedway.co.uk/watchspeedway/
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2022, 15:30   #10793
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Not my interest, but I thought others might want to know.
Premiership Rugby launches new streaming service.
https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/premiershi...eaming-service
I might have been interested, but not at £4.99 per game or £6.99 for all games in the week's round that aren't already on BT Sport.

It mentioned a season pass starting next season, but no idea of the cost - so I suspect they will review the take up for the rest of this season.

Additionally, it only seemed to be on computers/phones no mention of an app to load onto your TV or Roku type box (or have I missed something?) - I am not going to consider it if I cannot watch on my TV.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2022, 09:56   #10794
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice

ITV to broadcast EFL Highlights from next season
https://www.itv.com/football/article...om-next-season
Old 23-02-2022, 10:28   #10795
braysoj1
cf.geek

Services: virgin media xl , freeview, sky
braysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to all

Take it quest have lost the rights
braysoj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2022, 11:28   #10796
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

It won't be the same

ITV will no doubt ruin it by changing the presenters and format . . .
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2022, 11:43   #10797
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
It won't be the same

ITV will no doubt ruin it by changing the presenters and format . . .
EFL Highlights may end up with more viewers as 99% can watch from August on Freeview due this deal with ITV, STV, UTV and ITV4.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 20:38   #10798
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

Apple and MLB announce 'Friday Night Baseball' package
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...seball-package
Old 08-03-2022, 22:16   #10799
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post

Big girls rounders - I will give that a miss
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 16:21   #10800
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
Don't mind a bit of baseball but I assume I'd have to create an Apple ID to view them.

Doesn't mention times but I think Peacock are going to be showing some games with a late afternoon (UK) start.
johnathome is offline   Reply With Quote