Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Is it right that military police search for a missing child?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Is it right that military police search for a missing child?

Old 03-05-2018, 20:02   #1
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Is it right that military police search for a missing child?

After admitting that they did a bad job of searching for a missing toddler 36 years ago, British military police are searching a German site:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-blunders.html

I'm happy to be corrected if i'm wrong, but my assumption is that the military police are more used to dealing with drunken soldiers, deserters etc.

Surely it would be better to delegate this to a police force more experienced in an incident of this nature. I remember when the child abuse scandal in Jersey was being investigated, the local police said that they were too inexperienced to deal with a crime of this magnitude, so the task was delegated to a more experienced force from the mainland.

Shouldn't this be done in this case?

Some final questions, if anyone knows. Do the MP cover all the forces or does each one have it's own? Are they trained to the same standards and subject to the same background checks as a mainstream police officer?

I ask the last question because the brother of a friend was a MP in the army (or so he says) and I wouldn't trust him at all after the things he's done since coming out of the army, he doesn't come across as very intelligent either.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2018, 20:14   #2
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: Is it right that military police search for a missing child?

If it's on MOD lad (even overseas) MPs get involved. As do SIB (Special Investigation Branch) or the RAF Police.

They can be invited by local police to assist.

As for police training, I don't think they get it anywhere as involved as a regular copper.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 20:27   #3
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

Good on the military police... lets hope there is a happy outcome.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 21:16   #4
RizzyKing

When it's a missing child I don't care who gets involved if it increases the chances of a positive outcome.
Old 03-05-2018, 23:33   #5
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

I know what you mean, but the MP aren't simply helping, they are doing the search for forensic evidence or the remains of the missing child.

I think that those with more experience should be doing this task.
Old 04-05-2018, 08:41   #6
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

What do you want them to do.Give up again?Also I doubt that any British police force has enough officers and resources to police for cold cases here in the UK let alone in Germany. Plus as the Armed Forces are moving back to the UK lock stock and barrel I suspect that they are just trying to finish off tasks that need finishing before they do so and have to hand back the bases that they were using.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:51   #7
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

I think there are some areas in the UK where MP's may fulfil some roles of regular police where there is a military presence and geography mean there is little or no regular police cover. I do state some roles. This is based on scuttlebutt from locals rather than definitive information.
Old 04-05-2018, 15:39   #8
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

That's true, there have been massive police cuts since the Jersey case, which is bound to have an impact on what the mainstream police can do.

Maybe looking for remains is now no longer a priority as she will either be dead or a woman in her thirties.