Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 4 upstream channel bonding - post here

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

4 upstream channel bonding - post here

Old 06-06-2018, 21:59   #76
rhooton
cf.member

Services: Virgin TV Full House Tivo V6 BB M200
rhooton is on a distinguished roadrhooton is on a distinguished road
Re: 4 upstream channel bonding - post here

I'm on 4 x QAM64 upstream channels in Brighton area 20
Old 06-06-2018, 22:43   #77
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold
Question Re: 4 upstream channel bonding - post here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon22 View Post
4x QAM64 upstream channels on my Dad’s connection now. On Telf14.
Still 2 x 16qam in Muxton. Can't say I've ever noticed any upstream issues though, so probably no need for more.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 11:15   #78
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I am not on 4 yet but have just gone to 2 qam64s for the first time ever so maybe they're upto something here too.
Old 07-06-2018, 12:38   #79
Jon22
cf.addict

Jon22 is on a distinguished roadJon22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
Still 2 x 16qam in Muxton. Can't say I've ever noticed any upstream issues though, so probably no need for more.
I did a reboot of the Hub on Tuesday evening and then it came back with 4 upstream channels. Might be worth a try if you haven't already.
Jon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 20:22   #80
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era

SM4 area (fed from New Malden) Changed from 2 x 64QAM upstream channels to 3 x 64QAM upstream channels today. Was notified of config work as this is a business service, the work was listed as New Malden D3 config 8.

Surprised it didn't go right to 4 as in other areas.
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 21:33   #81
JordanTheToaster
I Toast Bread

Services: Vivid 350?
JordanTheToaster is on a distinguished roadJordanTheToaster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccarmock View Post
SM4 area (fed from New Malden) Changed from 2 x 64QAM upstream channels to 3 x 64QAM upstream channels today. Was notified of config work as this is a business service, the work was listed as New Malden D3 config 8.

Surprised it didn't go right to 4 as in other areas.
I went from 2 QAM64 to 3 QAM64 to now at 4 QAM64 so you might get yours soon.
JordanTheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 05:42   #82
raging bull
cf.geek

Services: Tivo V6 - L TV/XL Phone /200Mb BB
raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads

Here in Leeds went from 2 QAM16 to 4 QAM16.
raging bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 16:46   #83
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Been getting terrible download speeds the last day or so, so just checked the modem and I've got four upstream channels too. I'd rather have the faster downloads back! Getting a lot of T3 timeouts whatever that is.

East London.

Last edited by Horizon; 08-06-2018 at 16:51.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 20:45   #84
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

Still 3 here but not had any issues up or down, which I guess is why we're still on 3!
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 22:11   #85
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon22 View Post
I did a reboot of the Hub on Tuesday evening and then it came back with 4 upstream channels. Might be worth a try if you haven't already.
Yes that sid the job: 4x 16qam now. I last rebooted on Monday/Tuesday so must have happened one day this week.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 12:16   #86
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Four channels appeared in the last few days, Coventry CV3. Looking at my TBB quality graph it seems teh conversion was done in the small hours of 7th. June.

No improvement in TBB graph quality.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg superhub 3 upstream channels.jpg (120.5 KB, 31 views)
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 12:31   #87
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
Four channels appeared in the last few days, Coventry CV3. Looking at my TBB quality graph it seems teh conversion was done in the small hours of 7th. June.

No improvement in TBB graph quality.
Your upstream levels look on the low side.
Old 10-06-2018, 14:25   #88
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
No obvious effect on performance. I guess levels should be nearer 40.

Here's my downstream Channels 1 - 10 are lower - around 3 or 4 dBmv
Attached Images
File Type: jpg superhub downstream channels.jpg (105.7 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by roughbeast; 10-06-2018 at 14:46.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 16:50   #89
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I think 30 is the magical number but still, I have never seen them that low but as long as everything is working okay there isn't anything to worry about. You might find he lives right next to the cabinet so his modem doesn't need a lot of power to get the signal back to the network.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 17:13   #90
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

There isn't really a magic upstream number. The way that DOCSIS works is that the upstream power level is never higher than is necessary for the CMTS and the Hub to communicate with each other as determined by the keep-alive traffic.

In Roughie's case, he is close to the cabinet and downstream power levels are therefore high (and upstream low). Although the lower frequency channels are knocking on 10 dBmv, the hot weather will decrease that as the metal expands. That said, it would do no harm to put an attenuator to the back of the hub - say 6 dB.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote