Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | disability living allowance

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

disability living allowance

Old 14-12-2009, 22:51   #151
Flyboy
Inactive

Flyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful one
Re: disability living allowance

I must say that I am a bit concerned by the use of ATOS, they don't seem to have much of a good track record in these matters. But then that doesn't seem to have changed things very much.

At the moment, long term IB claimants are exempt from transferring to the new benefit and I don't think it affects majority of DLA claimants yet. I do remember some scare stories being bandied about earlier this year, these were quickly denied by many of the disability charities in the UK at the time.

Does anyone know of the guidelines that ATOS should be using when determining someones eligibility for ESA.
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-12-2009, 22:55   #152
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Does anyone know of the guidelines that ATOS should be using when determining someones eligibility for ESA.
Do you mean the point system listed here and here (pdf).
Old 14-12-2009, 22:55   #153
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
I must say that I am a bit concerned by the use of ATOS, they don't seem to have much of a good track record in these matters. But then that doesn't seem to have changed things very much.

At the moment, long term IB claimants are exempt from transferring to the new benefit and I don't think it affects majority of DLA claimants yet. I do remember some scare stories being bandied about earlier this year, these were quickly denied by many of the disability charities in the UK at the time.

Only for now as you say - apparently they (including me ) will be transferred starting from April time next year.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2009, 23:03   #154
Flyboy
Inactive

Flyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutkp View Post
Do you mean the point system listed here and here (pdf).
That is part of what I am enquiring about, but what about the guidelines for the free written assessment and the consultation documents, which I believe ATOS medics need to complete as well?
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2009, 23:42   #155
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Does anyone know if there is an equivalent to the "Incapacity Benefit Handbook for Approved Doctors" for ESA/WCA?
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2009, 08:37   #156
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

I've asked the person I know and they're getting some information for me regarding several of the queries that have been raised. I should hopefully be able to post some info up here at some point today.
Old 15-12-2009, 10:09   #157
TakeCare
Inactive

TakeCare is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
I've asked the person I know and they're getting some information for me regarding several of the queries that have been raised. I should hopefully be able to post some info up here at some point today.
Thank you.
TakeCare is offline   Reply With Quote