Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 08-03-2010, 00:08   #2926
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
re: Rate the last movie you saw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectato View Post
Ghost Town (2008)

Felt like I was watching 'The Invention Of Lying' again.
Everything I see with Gervais in makes me like him a bit less.....

5 out of 10
Although Ghost Town was first
Old 08-03-2010, 01:34   #2927
Spectato
Inactive

Services: || (XL) Broadband || (XL) Nuisance Call Hotline ||
Spectato is a splendid one to beholdSpectato is a splendid one to beholdSpectato is a splendid one to beholdSpectato is a splendid one to beholdSpectato is a splendid one to beholdSpectato is a splendid one to beholdSpectato is a splendid one to beholdSpectato is a splendid one to beholdSpectato is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Although Ghost Town was first
Not at my place it wasn't!
Spectato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:41   #2928
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Once Upon a Time in America (1984) A Sergio Leone masterpiece 9/10

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 23:49   #2929
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland (3D)

8/10

Not his best, not his worst. Good fun, good cast.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2010, 13:57   #2930
speedfreak
Inactive

Services: VM phone TV 50Mbps BB
speedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appeal
speedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appeal

Dragonquest, paid for it on VM on demand last night and boy do I wish I hadnt bothered. Fell asleep an hour into it, it just looked so cheaply made complete with poor acting. Worse film Ive watched in a while 2/10
speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2010, 14:32   #2931
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Death Race 8/10

Great (loose) remake.

I don't know what I liked best, the cars or the Cuban bird who drove with Statham.
Old 13-03-2010, 22:27   #2932
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

Alice in Wonderland 3D - 7/10

Not as bad as but suffered same problem as Gilliam's Dr Parnassus, seams Burton got caught up too much in making it look nice (which it did) but forgot to make his version of the story engrossing.

It all looked pretty but the missus and I were disappointed. Also, unlike Avatar and Up we thought the 3d was just tacked on and wasn't really necessary
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2010, 22:43   #2933
Spectato
Inactive

Services: || (XL) Broadband || (XL) Nuisance Call Hotline ||
Spectato is a splendid one to beholdSpectato is a splendid one to beholdSpectato is a splendid one to beholdSpectato is a splendid one to beholdSpectato is a splendid one to beholdSpectato is a splendid one to beholdSpectato is a splendid one to beholdSpectato is a splendid one to beholdSpectato is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by admars View Post
.... we thought the 3d was just tacked on and wasn't really necessary
I wonder how many times that sentiment will be expressed over the coming years?
Spectato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2010, 00:19   #2934
CycoSymz
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview HD
CycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appeal
CycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appeal

Old Dogs - 7/10 A rather enjoyable family comedy

Law Abiding Citizen - 8/10 Enjoyed this one

I've got 2 GCSE's. 1 in Biology and 1 in Metalwork...If you want your cat welding then I'm your man.
CycoSymz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2010, 19:17   #2935
Alien
Inactive

Services: VM Phone, V+, VM 10Mb
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze

Posting some of these now, as the list is getting a bit long.

Teen Wolf: Still an enjoyable classic. 8/10

Hot Shots! Part Deux: Still hilarious. 8/10

The Zombie Diaries: I liked it until the ending, about which the only redeeming quality was some boobage. If they'd given it a better ending I'd have given it a 7. 6/10

7 Seconds: Not-bad heist/action movie, with a couple of decent car chases. 7.5/10

Syriana: I expected something better from what I'd heard of it, the whole telling the story with 3 seperate plot-lines thing spoilt it, in my opinion. 5/10

Ambulance Girl: Not-bad drama, with some funny moments. 7/10

Anger Management: Frequently funny, but also frustrating - as there's no way I would have put up with some of the things the main character did, but then that's kind of the point of the film. 7/10

NightScream: Supposedly a "horror", but only really a drama/thriller. Some interesting twists & turns to the plot. 6.5/10

Thirst: Pretty average disaster movie about a city's water supply getting infested with a bacteria that manages to get through all the filtration at the local water plant. 6/10

10 Things I Hate About You: Pretty good RomCom, ...plus Julia Stiles. 8/10

Date Movie: Equal parts hilarious & gross. Hard to imagine Alyson Hannigan being unsexy, but they actually achieved it for the first part of the movie. 8/10

Iron Maiden: Flight 666: Interesting behind-the-scenes look at them on tour. 7/10

Savage Planet: You may have noticed that I don't mind watching low-budget/made-for-TV movies now & then... this was not 1 of the better ones. I mean, seriously - you make a film about people travelling to another [Earth-like] planet, where they end up on the menu of the local wildlife, & the best you come up with is bears?! Smegging BEARS! 3/10

Death Wish II: Not too bad I suppose. 6/10

K-PAX: A bit odd, but a charming & ejoyable movie. 7.5/10

Behind the Camera: The Unauthorized Story of 'Mork & Mindy': Very funny in places, mostly because Chris Diamantopoulos does a very good job of capturing the essence of Robin WIlliams' rapid-fire comedy. It also provides an interesting insight into how the network ruined the show. 7.5/10

Formula for Death: Not bad Made-For-TV medical conspiracy thriller. 7/10

Death Wish 3: Best of the 3, IMHO. Not bad for a mid-80s action flick. 7.5/10

Little Man Tate: I found it a bit sad/depressing overall, even though it had a happy ending. 6/10

Day Watch: Pretty cool film, though a little bit hard to follow in places. 8/10
Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2010, 21:37   #2936
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Watching "The flying fist's of Shanghai Joe" Its so bad its quite good, a noodle western of no notable note gets a 0\10 but im gonna watch it to the end just to see if Joe saves the Mexican's
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2010, 01:30   #2937
Alien
Inactive

Services: VM Phone, V+, VM 10Mb
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze

Joe Somebody: Quite enjoyable. Maybe not worth buying, but worth seeing if you haven't seen it before. 7/10

Mean Girls: Some good laughs. 7.5/10

Spirited Away: Another magical adventure from Studio Ghibli. 8.5/10
Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2010, 16:24   #2938
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Green Zone - 9/10 Brilliant!
Old 17-03-2010, 21:50   #2939
Will21st
Inactive

Services: XL Tv,100MB,M Phone.
Will21st has reached the bronze age
Will21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze age

Forbidden Planet 10/10 Loved it,Sci-Fi classic!
Will21st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 21:59   #2940
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Paranormal Activity.
Really slow & heavy going but with the right amount of "things that go bump in the night" to keep you watching, my wife dissapeared after half an hour to read a book & leave me on my own.

Excellent twist at the end, need to get the alternate ending just to have a quick watch.

7\10
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote