Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 30-12-2009, 23:03   #2806
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
re: Rate the last movie you saw

[REC] (DVD)

8.5/10

Let The Right One In (BD)

8.5/10
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-01-2010, 07:29   #2807
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

Something, Something, Something Dark Side 8/10 missus and I enjoyed it as much as Blue Harvest.

Burn after Reading 8/10 we saw it at the cinema and really enjoyed it, then picked it up the other day in HMV for £3, really enjoyed it again
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 14:07   #2808
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Paranormal Activity - 6.5 out of 10. No way as scary/creepy as the Entity.
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 22:48   #2809
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

I think it we had seen it in 2d would have been 7/10, as for the most part it is dumb, generic Hollywood action movie by numbers. But the 3d really draws you in and adds a lot of atmosphere to it. Certainly was worth the extra money to see it in 3d.
Old 03-01-2010, 00:29   #2810
zing_deleted

would have scored it a 10 had it not been the fact I saw elements of Shogun/Last Samurai in it. The film totally encapsulated the audience . The cinema was quite full even after all this time and once the film started it was as good as silent around me and there were kids there but even they were quiet.

The rates as one of the top films ive seen maybe helped by the 3d but so what
Old 03-01-2010, 08:34   #2811
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by zing View Post

would have scored it a 10 had it not been the fact I saw elements of Shogun/Last Samurai in it. The film totally encapsulated the audience . The cinema was quite full even after all this time and once the film started it was as good as silent around me and there were kids there but even they were quiet.

The rates as one of the top films ive seen maybe helped by the 3d but so what
There are only 7 basic plots anyway

9.5/10 for Avatar from me. Definitely think the 3D added to the whole story and didn't feel like 3 hours.
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 22:09   #2812
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Nowhere boy.

8/10

Film 4 showing a real return to form.. It's the story of the early (pre-beatles) life of John Lennon. I actually ends just before the trip to Hamburg that Backbeat was about, so even though it had been mad 16 years after backbeat, it fits in quite nicely.

Excellent acting, excellent music.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:45   #2813
admars
cf.mega poster

Wizard of Oz 8/10
Old 04-01-2010, 16:28   #2814
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Saw The Tournament over the weekend. I don't know if this will ever make it to the big screen or straight to DVD but it 'stars' Ving Rhames and Robert Carlyle. The basic plot is that the tournament is a competetion where the worls best assassins converge on a town and play for 10 million dollars. They have to kill each other off - last man (or woman) standing wins the prize. Implaneted trackers and GPS systems allow each assassin to see where the others are. The group behind it watch on big screens having taken control of all the CCTV in the town the tournament is played in.

THis is a shocker of a film. It is also set in Middlesborough, I still don't know why. Funnily enough I dont think the producers have been to Middlesborough before as some of the sets where the main action scenes take place look very americanised.

I'd give it 4 out of 10.
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 16:46   #2815
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaf_laandon_mo View Post
Saw The Tournament (snip)

I'd give it 4 out of 10.
I quite liked it and it kept me amused all the way through, some good kills in it as well, so I'd give it a 6.5 - 7 at least for it. A total Battle Royale rip off but still worth the watch.
Old 05-01-2010, 14:10   #2816
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaf_laandon_mo View Post
Saw The Tournament over the weekend. I don't know if this will ever make it to the big screen or straight to DVD but it 'stars' Ving Rhames and Robert Carlyle. The basic plot is that the tournament is a competetion where the worls best assassins converge on a town and play for 10 million dollars. They have to kill each other off - last man (or woman) standing wins the prize. Implaneted trackers and GPS systems allow each assassin to see where the others are. The group behind it watch on big screens having taken control of all the CCTV in the town the tournament is played in.

THis is a shocker of a film. It is also set in Middlesborough, I still don't know why. Funnily enough I dont think the producers have been to Middlesborough before as some of the sets where the main action scenes take place look very americanised.

I'd give it 4 out of 10.
Although it's set in Middlesbrough, it wasn't filmed here. It was wrote by a few students from here though. Well, I don't know if they were from here but they did go to University of Teesside which is here. I believe it was filmed in the northwest. I would of gave it a 7.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:42   #2817
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

A dangerous man staring Stephen "Lardy" Segal.
An ex special forces vet and ex con finds himself entangled in some stuff with money & guns, a Russian bloke and a Chinese bird. Errr what else can I say if you like Segal you may like this. 3\10 and thats for the nice looking AK47's
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:49   #2818
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Whiteout with Kate Bekinsdale worth a watch if your bored 6.5\10
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0365929/
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 18:37   #2819
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Taken

7.5/10

It teaches two things:

1) Liam Neeson kicks ass.

2) The world is a dangerous place, and foreigners are not to be trusted.

The Good Shepard

Yawn/10

TOO LONG!
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 18:45   #2820
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Can I say "Deep Throat" -10/10 I found it hard to swallow