Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | UK & EU Agree Post-Brexit Trade Deal

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

UK & EU Agree Post-Brexit Trade Deal
Closed Thread

Old 28-01-2020, 20:54   #2206
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Brexit Development(s) Discussion

Well, normal service has resumed I see.
Advertisement
Old 28-01-2020, 23:22   #2207
gba93
ofc.founder_member

Services: VIP 60
gba93 has reached the bronze age
gba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Oh that's very nice. Peaceful protesters should be beaten up ??? Hitler would have been proud (and I'm not the one to introduce Hitler into this thread).
Oh that he had been peaceful!
Old 29-01-2020, 16:24   #2208
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Inappropriate post deleted - content against CF T&Cs.

Repetition of this behaviour will invoke the infraction system

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showpost.php?p=35295114

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showpost.php?p=35295112
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 29-01-2020, 16:24   #2209
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

I want to make it absolutely clear to those who are sore about the Referendum result's implementation that the perfidious Varadkar is deliberately pissing the UK off so as to boost the anti-UK vote in the forthcoming Irish GE.

Thus anyone defending or rationalising what that perfidious politician has to say needs to re-evaluate themselves. If we drop out in 11 months' time with no deal, then his country is a far bigger loser than we would be.

We are a G7 country and as one observer put it somewhere, Ireland ranks 46 in the economy table. And when the EU federates, Ireland will not be a country, it will be a mere state akin to Iowa (but half the size and the same population) or something like that. The EU state of Poland is 4x Ireland's size and 10x population. Ireland will be nothing and may well have lost our market.

Varadkar is the last person who should be reminding us of the EU's size.

My advice is at your risk.
Old 29-01-2020, 17:33   #2210
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
I want to make it absolutely clear to those who are sore about the Referendum result's implementation that the perfidious Varadkar is deliberately pissing the UK off so as to boost the anti-UK vote in the forthcoming Irish GE.

Thus anyone defending or rationalising what that perfidious politician has to say needs to re-evaluate themselves. If we drop out in 11 months' time with no deal, then his country is a far bigger loser than we would be.

We are a G7 country and as one observer put it somewhere, Ireland ranks 46 in the economy table. And when the EU federates, Ireland will not be a country, it will be a mere state akin to Iowa (but half the size and the same population) or something like that. The EU state of Poland is 4x Ireland's size and 10x population. Ireland will be nothing and may well have lost our market.

Varadkar is the last person who should be reminding us of the EU's size.

You had to use perfidious twice when there is a wealth of alternatives?

betraying
deceitful
deceptive
double-crossing
double-dealing
faithless
false
insidious
misleading
recreant
shifty
slick
snake in the grass
traitorous
two-faced
two-timing
undependable
unfaithful
unloyal
unreliable
untrustworthy.
Old 29-01-2020, 17:46   #2211
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
You had to use perfidious twice when there is a wealth of alternatives?

betraying
deceitful
deceptive
double-crossing
double-dealing
faithless
false
insidious
misleading
recreant
shifty
slick

snake in the grass
traitorous
two-faced
two-timing
undependable
unfaithful
unloyal
unreliable
untrustworthy
I appreciate the sentiment, Pip. But perfidious really is the best handle. Most of the others (coloured grey above) are off the mark. Also I would appreciate greater uptake of the case I'm making out!

I try to be deliberate about my wording.

Old 29-01-2020, 17:49   #2212
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I appreciate the sentiment, Pip. But perfidious really is the best handle. Most of the others (coloured grey above) are off the mark. Also I would appreciate greater uptake of the case I'm making out!

I try to be deliberate about my wording.
I was merely offering alternatives. Only the person using them would know which ones fit.
Old 29-01-2020, 17:51   #2213
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Quote:
I was merely offering alternatives. Only the person using them would know which ones fit.
That's disappointing! I thought you were with me!

Old 29-01-2020, 18:16   #2214
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Quote:
That's disappointing! I thought you were with me!
I didn't say I wasn't.
Old 29-01-2020, 18:21   #2215
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Quote:
I didn't say I wasn't.
You're doing a sort of "Hugh" on me!

Old 29-01-2020, 18:28   #2216
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

We are hugh
Old 29-01-2020, 18:32   #2217
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
We are hugh
One thing I'm not is Hugh!

As regards Varadkar Seph, I take a tougher line than you. Screw him and what he thinks or wants.
Old 29-01-2020, 18:33   #2218
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

On another note - the EU Parliament had fun and games a couple of hours ago as Farage's lot waved Union flags (and were told to take them away and go) whilst the Lib-Dems (the 'Bollocks to Brexit mob) sang Auld Lang Syne.

Old 29-01-2020, 18:50   #2219
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
We are hugh
Resistance is futile...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BF587FE7-6CA0-4602-A1E7-C0585634EDBD.jpg (97.7 KB, 10 views)
Old 29-01-2020, 18:54   #2220
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
You're doing a sort of "Hugh" on me!

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 809DD158-0CCC-4BA1-8B23-0FFEAE1D212F.jpeg (8.7 KB, 52 views)
Closed Thread