Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | All 4 with Walter

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

All 4 with Walter

Old 04-06-2020, 18:24   #1
Jacquesb
cf.addict

Services: VM phone , 2xV6 (Full house XL), ViViD200 Optical fibre BB. Stream - Netflix, iPlayer,
Jacquesb is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation All 4 with Walter

Some of the Walter Presents offerings on C4 are quite passable but in this day & age I cannot watch them as I get very ^&^%& off with the advertisements, especially those fillers that are merely plugging other C4 programmes. When I try to FF past the adverts, it is not allowed.

Can anyone advise if there is a fix available for this or if there is another way to watch this stuff, with no ad breaks ?
Old 04-06-2020, 20:45   #2
Richardr
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, Braodband
Richardr is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: All 4 with Walter

You can pay (£3.99 per month) for All4 to be ad free (using the app).
Richardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 20:51   #3
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacquesb View Post
Some of the Walter Presents offerings on C4 are quite passable but in this day & age I cannot watch them as I get very ^&^%& off with the advertisements, especially those fillers that are merely plugging other C4 programmes. When I try to FF past the adverts, it is not allowed.

Can anyone advise if there is a fix available for this or if there is another way to watch this stuff, with no ad breaks ?
If you're watching on a pc a workaround used to be to start it playing, go off and do something else, then come back rewind to start of programme and you should then be able to FF through the ads. Not sure if it works any longer, good luck !
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 21:08   #4
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

The advertising pays the bills, so unless you pay for ad-free version, it's a fair compromise. Some free catch-up services implement it in very annoying ways though.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 08:28   #5
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

I would love to see the Walter Presents programmes added to Britbox, then it might be worth subscribing. A Britbox app needs to be added to the V6 and/or a full All 4 app. I avoid Channel 4 catch-up because of the unskippable ads. I didn't know that you could subscribe to avoid these.
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 08:54   #6
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
I would love to see the Walter Presents programmes added to Britbox, then it might be worth subscribing. A Britbox app needs to be added to the V6 and/or a full All 4 app. I avoid Channel 4 catch-up because of the unskippable ads. I didn't know that you could subscribe to avoid these.
There was a VM website page available recently that got promptly removed that mentioned the All4 app and My5 and Pluto. My5 arrived the other day, so it sounds like All4 app is on its way. Whether it's a version that has a subscription option to avoid ads, no idea.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 10:42   #7
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

We were watching a programme on E4 catchup on a TiVo when it crashed.

So I used the Amazon Firestick, and everytime we stopped to see were we where we has 2 minutes of ads.
Old 05-06-2020, 12:06   #8
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

mmm, this needs to be fought. If they get away with this they'll soon make it impossible to FF through ads on Tivo recordings. That's half the point of the box for me.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 12:18   #9
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
There was a VM website page available recently that got promptly removed that mentioned the All4 app and My5 and Pluto. My5 arrived the other day, so it sounds like All4 app is on its way. Whether it's a version that has a subscription option to avoid ads, no idea.
Hopefully soon! VM is slowly catching up with Freeview Play in terms of offering the main free on demand apps.
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 14:04   #10
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
mmm, this needs to be fought. If they get away with this they'll soon make it impossible to FF through ads on Tivo recordings. That's half the point of the box for me.
Well, they'd better not do that, or I will take the decision at that point to give up entirely on my pay tv channels and move to VOD only. The only thing that discourages me at the moment is that Now TV keeps taking their box sets down too soon after uploading them.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 21:31   #11
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post

We always record programs where possible that have adverts, then skip the ads.
Old 06-06-2020, 12:17   #12
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Only way to watch.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 12:31   #13
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Use subtitles and you can even watch the main programme at 2x speed. 1hr programme viewed in 30mins.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 20:02   #14
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Yes and that is tolerable, as long as it lasts!

Personally, I prefer to pay a subscription to a VOD provider to avoid a subscription.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 20:26   #15
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Yes and that is tolerable, as long as it lasts!

Personally, I prefer to pay a subscription to a VOD provider to avoid a subscription.
Pay a subscription to avoid a subscription???
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote