Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 31-03-2010, 16:41   #2956
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
re: Rate the last movie you saw

Kick-Ass - 9/10

Not at all what I was expecting, and all the better for it.

Truly excellent, with a quite a few laugh out loud moments - think of it as Spiderman (without superpowers) directed by John Woo.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2010, 16:43   #2957
budwieser
cf.mega poster

budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star
budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star

Mel Gibson-Edge of Darkness. 8/10 I enjoyed it.
budwieser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 00:41   #2958
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

Kick-Ass 10/10, I think I have a new favourite film, superb mix of action, comedy, and suspense. Superb soundtrack as well with an eclectic mix of styles working really well with the action.
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 21:03   #2959
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

RoboCop (Blu-ray)

10/10. Classic.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 13:43   #2960
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
RoboCop (Blu-ray)

10/10. Classic.
Especialy when he gets his hand shot off, I can't believe how much more gruesome that looks in HD!

Logopolis - how Dr Who should be done. No sillyness pandering to the under 10s yet loved by all ages, no frantic running or waving of sonic screwdrivers, no sniveling pathetic Master, instead we're given a sinister unhinged mastermind.
Xaccers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 00:00   #2961
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Up (BD) - still moves me to tears after 20 minutes.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 00:08   #2962
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverwar View Post
Kick-Ass - 9/10

Not at all what I was expecting, and all the better for it.

Truly excellent, with a quite a few laugh out loud moments - think of it as Spiderman (without superpowers) directed by John Woo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by admars View Post
Kick-Ass 10/10, I think I have a new favourite film, superb mix of action, comedy, and suspense. Superb soundtrack as well with an eclectic mix of styles working really well with the action.
I agree with you two, whole-heartedly. Superb movie.

The Hangover - 9/10 beware of who's in the boot of your car...

Zodiac - 10/10 I really enjoyed this movie, even on the 3rd viewing.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 23:08   #2963
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Well this afternon I took my nephew, niece & mum to see How to train your dragon 3D, it was a great film and all the kiddies loved it (young and old). 9/10

See if you can hear "David Tennant as Spitelout"

http://www.howtotrainyourdragon.com/
Old 06-04-2010, 23:09   #2964
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars

ID4 and Pitch Black on BR 10/10
Xaccers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:34   #2965
marky
Inactive

Services: non wife took control
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star

Avatar, 6/10 because it was pocahontas with loads of CGI
marky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 10:29   #2966
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Nanny McPhee..... 7 out of 10 for the movie. 4 out of 10 for cinema services!
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 10:42   #2967
roger skillin
Inactive

Services: V+ XL,Broadband XXL, Phone with talk unlimited and extra TIVO box
roger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quads

Shutter island 8/10 , wasn't sure i was going to like this one but i thought it was really good, it's make you say wtf quite a lot as it can be confusing at times but i love films that make you think,kind of like Donnie Darko in that sense
roger skillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 16:58   #2968
zing_deleted

How to train your dragon nice film good 3D 8/10
Old 11-04-2010, 00:35   #2969
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Harry Potter & The Philosophers Stone - Blu Ray. Have the box set of the movies and the picture quality is amazing. 10/10
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 17:35   #2970
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by zing View Post
How to train your dragon nice film good 3D 8/10
Watched this last week (in 3D) Although it had the odd moment I didnt feel it was as good as it has been portrayed in adverts and features. Could have done without paying £8.45, mind you if I had the choice to pay what I thought it was worth £3.00 would have been too much lol. For me 4/10 and thats only because the premiere seats were comfy

---------- Post added at 16:32 ---------- Previous post was at 16:28 ----------

The men who stare at goats (BR)

Now I thought that this was going to be really funny, maybe I have had a sense of humour bypass in my sleep & they only left a little of it for me to use.

Anywho some funny bits, some boring bits and some bits that were just there to fill the story out (padding) 6/10

---------- Post added at 16:35 ---------- Previous post was at 16:32 ----------

The Great Escape (BR)
A timeless classic even if it was "Americanised" for the screen. 10/10
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote