Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Apple looks set to close iTunes.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Digital TV Services Discussion

BT TV service

Old 22-04-2019, 12:09   #1
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
BT TV service

If you subscribe to BT broadband, I gather you can also get a box to receive BT Sport 4K for £20. I know you also need an aerial to receive the Freeview channels, but if you just want BT Sport, can you receive it without an aerial?

The BT with Sky option is very poor value for money by the looks of it.
OLD BOY is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-04-2019, 14:50   #2
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future
Re: BT TV service

Isn't BT broadband much more expensive than Sky's though?
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 15:31   #3
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
If you subscribe to BT broadband, I gather you can also get a box to receive BT Sport 4K for £20. I know you also need an aerial to receive the Freeview channels, but if you just want BT Sport, can you receive it without an aerial?

The BT with Sky option is very poor value for money by the looks of it.
Yes you can. Any device that can host the BT Sport app can stream subscriber-only content for you. I’m pretty sure my Samsung TV can do it, though I’ve never bothered to check as I’m not a subscriber.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 17:44   #4
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Yes you can. Any device that can host the BT Sport app can stream subscriber-only content for you. I’m pretty sure my Samsung TV can do it, though I’ve never bothered to check as I’m not a subscriber.
Thank you, Chris. I should have realised but I completely forgot that Amazon channels had the BT TV app there, and as you say, some smart TVs have it as well.

In case you are wondering, I was inquiring for my son-in-law, who is annoyed at having to pay so much to Sky for BT and be restricted to watching it only on the main Sky Q box. This appears to offer the required solution. Hopefully, they can pay BT directly and get it in UHD for less than Sky charge.

Unfortunately, he doesn’t live in a cabled area, much to his annoyance!
Old 22-04-2019, 17:51   #5
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Sky will have offers for the start of the new season as they reached a deal to wholesale BT Sport to it's customers from this year.

https://tv.bt.com/tv/tv-from-bt/bt-a...11364237076521
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 18:01   #6
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Sky will have offers for the start of the new season as they reached a deal to wholesale BT Sport to it's customers from this year.

https://tv.bt.com/tv/tv-from-bt/bt-a...11364237076521
Thanks, muppetman. Yes, if Sky are doing special deals to encourage BT Sports viewers onto their platform, that would be good. However, if Sky continue with this nonsense about only being able to view it on the main Sky Q and not on the mini-boxes, that would not really cater for his situation. Maybe the new arrangement between Sky and BT will lift that restriction.
Old 22-04-2019, 18:04   #7
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Thanks, muppetman. Yes, if Sky are doing special deals to encourage BT Sports viewers onto their platform, that would be good. However, if Sky continue with this nonsense about only being able to view it on the main Sky Q and not on the mini-boxes, that would not really cater for his situation. Maybe the new arrangement between Sky and BT will lift that restriction.
That stipulation has nothing to do with Sky that is BT as currently you are taking the channels directly from them.
Old 22-04-2019, 18:52   #8
telegramsam
telegramsam

telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Muppetman is correct,it is BT that dictates that you can only watch BT Sport on your main Sky box unless you pay them (BT) a multi room sub. I pay extra to watch on my mini Q box. So in my case it may well work out cheaper for me to get BT Sport through Sky when it becomes available,assuming it becomes part of the already multi room sky offer me at present.
Incidently does anyone know when Sky will start offering it?
Old 22-04-2019, 20:14   #9
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Muppetman is correct,it is BT that dictates that you can only watch BT Sport on your main Sky box unless you pay them (BT) a multi room sub. I pay extra to watch on my mini Q box. So in my case it may well work out cheaper for me to get BT Sport through Sky when it becomes available,assuming it becomes part of the already multi room sky offer me at present.
I see, thank you both!
Old 22-04-2019, 21:11   #10
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
I'd have thought we should hear something before start of new season.
Old 22-04-2019, 21:53   #11
telegramsam
telegramsam

Quote:
Thanks,will look out for it. As I said previously I'm hoping for a better deal than I currently have with BT.
Old 27-04-2019, 10:18   #12
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Yes. The BT press release says early 2019 but I suspect it will be after this Premier League season has concluded.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 20:02   #13
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

My daughter can only get Sky and currently receives BT Sport on only one screen. However, as it is her husband who wants to watch it and she doesn't, they have been trying to set up the second TV in the games room to receive the BT Sports channels.. However, when they tried to get into the BT TV app on Amazon channels, it would not work. BT wouldn't help because they say it is an Amazon problem, but they can't get it through Chromecast either.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and is there a way through it without spending even more money on this?
Old 02-05-2019, 20:30   #14
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

That entirely depends on why it’s not working. What’s the error message?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 20:42   #15
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
My daughter can only get Sky and currently receives BT Sport on only one screen. However, as it is her husband who wants to watch it and she doesn't, they have been trying to set up the second TV in the games room to receive the BT Sports channels.. However, when they tried to get into the BT TV app on Amazon channels, it would not work. BT wouldn't help because they say it is an Amazon problem, but they can't get it through Chromecast either.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and is there a way through it without spending even more money on this?
You should be able to get advice HERE.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote