Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Brexit
Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2019, 12:01   #1351
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Does she trust the de facto PM Oliver Letwin to not stage a coup?

EDIT: she’s also meeting perfidious Macron.
He's now known as the oppositions useful idiot.
Old 08-04-2019, 12:05   #1352
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
He's now known as the oppositions useful idiot.
Don't want to believe everything you're fed in the papers Smurf ! Thank God there are some sensible Tories about, otherwise we'd be a banana republic by now.
Old 08-04-2019, 12:07   #1353
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Don't want to believe everything you're fed in the papers Smurf ! Thank God there are some sensible Tories about, otherwise we'd be a banana republic by now.
“The person who writes for fools is always sure of a large audience.”
Old 08-04-2019, 13:07   #1354
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Interesting, I wonder what that will be about.
It's about MX2 (a second meaningful extension).
Old 08-04-2019, 13:26   #1355
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Interesting, I wonder what that will be about.
Brexit probably.
Old 08-04-2019, 14:45   #1356
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Brexit probably.
Obviously

Heard a new buzzword today with Brexit becoming such a sideshow; "Bretflix".
Old 08-04-2019, 15:34   #1357
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Obviously

Heard a new buzzword today with Brexit becoming such a sideshow; "Bretflix".
There is definitely a potential musical to be made out of Brexit. Bit like Les Miserables, but more depressing...
Old 08-04-2019, 15:36   #1358
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Anyone can see there’s at least four contradictory statements by you.

I’m getting lost, you either can or can’t negotiate trade deals for services while in a customs union.

You seem further confused that I want the “best of both worlds” in relation to goods - that’s not the case. I’ve clearly said for a number of posts now a customs union (not to be confused with the customs union) covering goods and separate trade deals with the world covering services. I’ve lost track whether you believe it is possible or not but I can assure the forum your belief in it or otherwise is irrelevant, it is possible.

In around half of your posts you seem to grasp this. However in the other half it’s gone.
I am dying to hear what these four contradictory statements are!

It is true that some time back, I said if we could get a customs arrangement that also allowed us to negotiate trade deals for goods and services on our own, that would be a good thing. However, everything I have read on this subject says it can't be done.

If we could get a customs arrangement as well as the freedom to forge trade deals on goods and services, that would indeed be the best of both worlds, and I would be happy with that. But outside of cloud cuckoo land, I'm afraid that's not possible.
Old 08-04-2019, 15:46   #1359
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
There is definitely a potential musical to be made out of Brexit. Bit like Les Miserables, but more depressing...
I'm (seriously) expecting that in years to come a film or drama will be made about the extraordinarily events surrounding Brexit. I suspect it will be one of those where they will use facts that are available and accounts about what went on in secret by reliable witnesses who would remain anonymous.

It's clear that May's political career (of any substance) is coming to an end. If she doesn't remain as a backbencher, I expect that she will write a book about, or including, her account of Brexit too.
Old 08-04-2019, 15:46   #1360
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I don't get it either. Old Boy, are those all your posts or has someone jumped on your computer when you've been away from your desk?
What contradictory posts are you two on about? I'm sure I've explained my position coherently, so either you are misinterpreting what I've said or you are mis-remembering.

For the record, a customs union is completely unacceptable to me unless we have the capacity to make our own deals on goods and services, and my understanding is that this is not possible. If you can show me I'm wrong on that, I will gladly accept it.

I am happy to leave with TM's deal if we can get out of the backstop, and I'm happy also to accept a no-deal.

That is my position and if you can point to where I've said anything to the contrary, I would be truly amazed.

Just getting the popcorn now...
Old 08-04-2019, 15:52   #1361
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
What contradictory posts are you two on about? I'm sure I've explained my position coherently, so either you are misinterpreting what I've said or you are mis-remembering.

For the record, a customs union is completely unacceptable to me unless we have the capacity to make our own deals on goods and services, and my understanding is that this is not possible. If you can show me I'm wrong on that, I will gladly accept it.

I am happy to leave with TM's deal if we can get out of the backstop, and I'm happy also to accept a no-deal.

That is my position and if you can point to where I've said anything to the contrary, I would be truly amazed.

Just getting the popcorn now...
Do you mean of the type that leaves us free to negotiate deals on services? Or the type where you can’t? Or neither?
Old 08-04-2019, 16:02   #1362
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

BREAKING: Exec of the 1922 are due to go to No 10 imminently to meet with PM. Source: Sky News's Beth Rigby.
Old 08-04-2019, 16:08   #1363
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
I'm (seriously) expecting that in years to come a film or drama will be made about the extraordinarily events surrounding Brexit. I suspect it will be one of those where they will use facts that are available and accounts about what went on in secret by reliable witnesses who would remain anonymous.

It's clear that May's political career (of any substance) is coming to an end. If she doesn't remain as a backbencher, I expect that she will write a book about, or including, her account of Brexit too.
The BBC have already transmitted a drama about Brexit Richard.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Brexit-Unci...4&s=dvd&sr=1-1
Old 08-04-2019, 16:15   #1364
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
BREAKING: Exec of the 1922 are due to go to No 10 imminently to meet with PM. Source: Sky News's Beth Rigby.
she safe to December under tory party rules so cant see anything changing
Old 08-04-2019, 16:18   #1365
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
she safe to December under tory party rules so cant see anything changing
Well if the removal van turns up at 10 Downing street Dave you know the game is up.