Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Router performance is poor so...

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking

Router performance is poor so...

Old 28-07-2007, 20:33   #1
Trox
Inactive

Trox is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Router performance is poor so...

Hey there,

My netgear wgr614 54MBs router is pretty poor, I'm lucky to get 16Mbs from it. So I've been searching around for a new one but I'm still no further forward than i was a few hours back.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on what routers to look into that will give me over 20Mbs, worried i end up with one that's just as bad as the one I have.

I do like the look of this one from Asus, WL-700gE.

Any help is appreciated
Cheers
Trox
Trox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-07-2007, 21:13   #2
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

Callumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant future
Re: Router performance is poor so...

D-Link DSL-G624T, i have one of these. its easy to use and set up, and it also does 54Mbps!!!

()
Callumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2007, 21:34   #3
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

How close are you to the router? What wireless adaptor are you using? Any thick walls in between you and the router? Any wiring near the adaptor/aerial?

The router is "doing" 54 meg OK, it's just that the PC isn't receiving enough signal to.

nffc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2007, 01:02   #4
Trox
Inactive

Trox is an unknown quantity at this point

Its not wireless, its using the old RJ45's and it struggles to do 15Mbps WAN to LAN throughput.

Im kinda looking into the D-Link DIR-655 router, seems to do well here
http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/compo...rt/Itemid,189/

What do you guys think ?
Trox is offline   Reply With Quote